It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15.6 Percent of US Population Now Foreign Born - 51.6 Million

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   
15.6% of the US population, both legal and illegal, is now foreign born.
That's 51.6 million people.
And by 2040 it is projected that 23.3% of the US population will be foreign born.

This effects everything. Do they speak English? Can they get a job? Are they on tax payer government assistance? Can the kids keep up in school? And with all the extra millions upon millions of people coming in ... how's our food supply doing? Countries are held together when the people have things in common, like language and culture and history etc, and having massive unchecked immigration tears at the cohesiveness of a country. That's why there is a system in place to allow only a certain number of immigrants in. Otherwise a country can't handle the load of foreigners coming in. It makes integration hard.

The Post Millennial - 15.6% of US Population Now Foreign Born - 51.6 Million

The findings of CIS highlight, "In March 2024 the foreign-born population reached 51.6 million, 5.1 million more than in March 2022—the largest two-year increase ever recorded in American History." CIS added in the report that this is approximately equal to the growth in the foreign-born population in the 9 years prior to COVID-19. Since President Joe Biden has taken office, the number of foreign-born people in the US has increase on record by 6.6 million in 39 months, equating to just under 170,000 foreign born individuals emigrating to the US every month on average since Biden took office. CIS has previously estimated that about 58 percent of the increase of immigration is from illegal immigration under the policies that Biden has set. Only 46 percent of those who have arrived after March 2022 are employed. The CIS estimated in its report that if the trend continues on the path how it is now, that the US foreign-born population will reach 62.5 and then 82.2 million by 2040.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The kill shot for western civilization including Europe is on its way... also these numbers are probably several million short of the actual numbers.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Seen from an native american point of view even 97.1% are foreign born.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My foreign born Parents, Grandparents, and Wife* speak English (not their first language), have held multiple jobs at once, have paid more taxes than the national average, they and their children have excelled in school, and have contributed to the US food supply more than the Average American.

I don't see an inherent problem here.

*I through my wife in there as a cheat; she is a foreign born US citizen; her hippy parents imagrated to Ecuador in the 60s and she returned when she was 19.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter2

No, we were born here.

They were conquered because they were an inferior civilization.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

I think it’s important to make sure that immigrants coming over are legal, and have a good path to assimilation into society.

But as you pointed out, we’re all foreign to some degree.

I know plenty of first generation immigrants who do nothing but value add. I have no problem with their presence here and don’t see them any less of an American than me.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There is no evidence that humans evolved on the North American continent. All peoples living here, migrated here at some point.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My daughter is an immigrant from Bolivia.
My father in law was an immigrant from Switzerland.
My neighbor on the right is an immigrant from Ireland.
My neighbors behind me are immigrants from S. Africa.
All integrated just fine.

But the fact of the matter is this ... having such a high
number of people who aren't born here and who have to
integrate into a society that is losing it's cohesiveness ...
that's going to make things difficult.

By 2040 1/4 of people living here will be foreign born.
That's HUGE. A 'commonality' will be lost. The thing
that holds a country together will be missing. That can
only be good for our enemies and the globalists.

edit on 5/14/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Agreed.

Illegal immigration is a problem; our current immigration laws are broken and our leaders from both political parties are choosing not to address them for personal political and economic advantages.

But our broken system of imagination and the people immigrating should not be seen as one and the same problem.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
It seems the majority of those flooding in have no intention of sacrificing or working to fit in. Instead they expect us to sacrifice and work to make them fit in.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter2
Seen from an native american point of view even 97.1% are foreign born.

Well then they're idiots.

If all those people weren't born in America then where were they born? Were they hatched?

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Wrong !

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju
There is no evidence that humans evolved on the North American continent. All peoples living here, migrated here at some point.

I didn't migrate anywhere.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

Wrong !

That was a really compelling argument.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead
I'm not certain you understood DerBeobachter2's point. My take on it is that everyone, except Native Americans, are foreigners from another land.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
My daughter is an immigrant from Bolivia.
My father in law was an immigrant from Switzerland.
My neighbor on the right is an immigrant from Ireland.
My neighbors behind me are immigrants from S. Africa.
All integrated just fine.

But the fact of the matter is this ... having such a high
number of people who aren't born here and who have to
integrate into a society that is losing it's cohesiveness ...
that's going to make things difficult.

By 2040 1/4 of people living here will be foreign born.
That's HUGE. A 'commonality' will be lost. The thing
that holds a country together will be missing. That can
only be good for our enemies and the globalists.

Again I don't agree; when I look at the immigrant communities I grew up in I do not at all see a lack of cohesiveness to the "American Culture" ... I see people who are more proud to be "Americans" then the average American.

Just last week I attended a Bowling event were the adult immigrant participants and their families stood in the bowling ally reciting a pledge to the American flag before the first ball was thrown... the rest of the people at the place looked at us like we were strange ... I won't lie, I felt a little strange doing it. I grow up with it and I don't feel the same level of pride these immigrant do; it is truly a visceral experience for these people to be "Americans"... because they know what its like not to be Americans, I dont, I take it for granted.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Don't compare legal immigrants from 60 years ago with the illegals of today.

Most of the people that came here generations ago were hard working intelligent people that learned English joined our culture and became productive members of society. And they followed the law.

Today about half the homeless population are illegals. They don't learn to speak English. They don't want to talk to you or be part of your culture.

In Denver they have taken over a bridge and are demanding free crap they we wouldn't give our own citizens.

When I was a kid I almost never knew a kids parents came from another country unless they told me. Today not so much.

If the country goes into chaos (how could it not) who do you think these people will side with? The constitution or the people that look and smell like them? I think they'll side with the people that speak their language. They can't even read the constitution and most have been brainwashed into think this land was stolen from them in the first place.

Death to America.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I am 1st Nation. Cherokee, Chicasaw and Iroquois. Even we...relate our pre-thousand years here as being always here.

But all Nations hold an earlier belief:

That having been here for millennium as true Americans...even then...we all have an earlier, pre-civilization origin story from where each tribe has come.

*PS The Northern Lakes Iroquois, moved south to become parts of both Chickasaw and Cherokee prior to 1400 A.D.

edit on 05242331America/ChicagoTue, 14 May 2024 08:53:23 -050053202400000023 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju
I'm not certain you understood DerBeobachter2's point. My take on it is that everyone, except Native Americans, are foreigners from another land.

That is retarded. That is dumb. That is incorrect.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

That was a really compelling argument.

It's also correct

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join