It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza Genocide Real or Propaganda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's factually not a genocide. Here's the UN definition:

Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide

Article II

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

Killing members of the group;
Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group

Note the bolded part. And it's not a semantic difference. It completely changes the definition. Intent to destroy the group is critically important.

Without any such intent, it is factually not genocide.

So is there any hard evidence that Israel harbors such an intent?

No, actually the hard evidence shows the exact opposite.

As I posted here, even using Hamas's numbers, simple math indicates that Israel is being exceptionally careful about trying to minimize civilian casualties and has achieved a much lower civilian casualty rate than is typical in modern wars.

The fake genocide claim is debunked by simple math. If you can find an error in my math, let me know.

Anyone still claiming genocide lacks any credibility because to still think it's genocide, they'd have to be so brainless that they're unable to follow the basic math or read a definition. (We have plenty of posters like that here though. Feel free to link them to this.)
edit on 13-5-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

so the IDF soldiers were acting on orders from the top? got a link?

No, they weren't torturing because they were ordered. They were doing it because they wanted to "play". And commanders of those soldiers deliberately changed the report to hide the "game". And that's just one example.

A personal account of female soldiers about their life in the Israeli Army, the only one to draw women for mandatory military service.
A female point of view on the drama of an unending war, on the moral challenges they faced at the encounter with the Palestinian population. Questions that were not dealt with during the service are raised today with great pain - and courage. A female point of view on the drama of an unending war, on the moral challenges the soldiers faced at the encounter with the Palestinian population. The young women look back critically at the way they handled the power that was placed in their hands at the young age of eighteen. Did they really smile in the pictures?
In 1988 the filmmaker served herself in the Israeli Defence Force in the Occupied Territories. 'How could I ever think I'd forget...' is what one of the young women asks herself at then end of this film.

Link:
www.youtube.com...
To See if I'm Smiling
A film by Tamar Yarom

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Danvero

Israel has back bad horses like many countries.

And it more like funding was allowed to flow to Hamas.

For years, Netanyahu propped up Hamas. Now it’s blown up in our faces

www.timesofisrael.com...

Meanwhile, Israel has allowed suitcases holding millions in Qatari cash to enter Gaza through its crossings since 2018, in order to maintain its fragile ceasefire with the Hamas rulers of the Strip.

Most of the time, Israeli policy was to treat the Palestinian Authority as a burden and Hamas as an asset. Far-right MK Bezalel Smotrich, now the finance minister in the hardline government and leader of the Religious Zionism party, said so himself in 2015.

According to various reports, Netanyahu made a similar point at a Likud faction meeting in early 2019, when he was quoted as saying that those who oppose a Palestinian state should support the transfer of funds to Gaza, because maintaining the separation between the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza would prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state.

Crazy call out the situation isn’t black and white.

Crazy people want Isreal to handle Hamas with kids gives for peace, then when it’s discovered Netanyahu tried shuck a policy, the it’s Isreal supporters terrorism.

Every think Hamas and the militants in power in Gaza driving Gaza policy and actions that could secure peace are a bunch of snakes doing anything possible to keep killing Jews.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Everyone knows it's not a genocide.

They just don't have a rational argument for supporting hamas.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

originally posted by: jofafot
a reply to: Lazy88

As nothing to do with this opening post.

I only replied to another message. If you want to find the one who started talking "off-topic" find the one in the reply chain who first started talking about it.

“Genocide” being applied in Gaza is political propaganda where the only support is from the Palestinian Authority lies.

I never said there is a genocide. In ANOTHER THREAD I pointed out some idf soldiers were torturing palestinians and gave you my source(ex-idf women) for it. You know this too because I wrote it as a direct reply to you. So what is your point anyway? Are you saying ex-idf soldiers are liars or..?

Do you have any evidence of actual genocide vs the reality of fighting Hamas that uses human shields. And Hamas lies by calling the deaths of their militants as noncombatants.

I'm not denying any of those but you are constantly denying idf's own wrong doings when I point them out even when my source directly comes from ex-idf soldiers. I wonder why.

So you’re posting nothing relative to this thread to derail it?

Do you mean just like what you are doing right now with this very message eventhough I explained I am not the one responsible for the "off-topic" discussion in this thread?

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jofafot

Not part of this thread.

As pointed out. The thing will be investigated and Isreal has a legal system. As in Isreal has a court system that ultimately rules on things like using human shields by the IDF is a crime.

What system does Hamas have to investigate the mistreatment, rape, murder of their captives.

Might worry about the plank in Hamas’s eye before the speck in Israel’s eye.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why are people derailing this thread. Did it strike a nerve. Can’t show the label of genocide is anything but propaganda.

Anyone care to stick to the opening post. Instead of derailing the thread?

It’s like arguing with a bunch of freaking flat earthers.

So stupid.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I have been thinking.

It appears that if you are for Israel, then you have to defend being for genocide.

If you are for the palestinians, you have to defend hamas.

That's what you say to yourself to justify killing all palestinians. Ever remember the time when you wrote "hamas is palestinians. palestinians is hamas" in one of your messages then wrote "all of hamas needs to be eradicated" in another? Care to elaborate on those or are you going to go into your troll mode as usual?

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Why are people derailing this thread. Did it strike a nerve. Can’t show the label of genocide is anything but propaganda.

Anyone care to stick to the opening post. Instead of derailing the thread?

It’s like arguing with a bunch of freaking flat earthers.

So stupid.

The genocide claim is debunked. Anyone still spreading it has an ulterior motive. Most likely they're just an antisemitic bigot.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Not part of this thread.

The person ("FlyersFan") wrote their opinion about how "impossible" it would be to reach an agreement with turkey and qatar for israel. As a reply, I wrote my opinion stating "turkey was about to normalize relationship multiple times". If my reply is off-topic, so is the reply of the other person ("FlyersFan") and the person who they were replying to("WeMustCare"). But I don't see you pointing out those messages as "off-topic" but only mine. Why is that?

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   

palestinians put hamas in power, they share responsibility for hamas's actions. I'll let Israel decide what is appropriate and it sounds like they have a good handle on it.

edit on 13-5-2024 by some_stupid_name because: (no reason given)

link   

I have been thinking.

It appears that if you are for Israel, then you have to defend being for genocide.

That's what you say to yourself to justify killing all palestinians. Ever remember the time when you wrote "hamas is palestinians. palestinians is hamas" in one of your messages then wrote "all of hamas needs to be eradicated" in another? Care to elaborate on those or are you going to go into your troll mode as usual?

someone posted the definition of “genocide” in another thread.

The definition seems to apply to the countless rocket attacks launched out of Gaza into Israel to kill Jews.

That network to build and launch rockets takes a concerted effort by Palestinians to smuggle in the materials, sacrificed virtual supplies to make those rockets, to store those rockets as documented in schools to public infrastructure, and to launch those rockets from neighbourhoods.

There is a very cooperative and orchestrated effort among Palestinians to build, store, and launch rockets with nothing but the goal to kill Jews which seems to be the very definition of genocide

But to gain sympathy, the Palestinian Authority and Hamas have inflated reported numbers of casualties and report militant deaths of noncombatants. All to create a narrative based on lies and propaganda. Where a majority of Palestinians are complicit in. From supplying right out lies, not calling for the investigation of murdered hostages, to building and storing rockets. You have a Palestinian society in Gaza applying itself to the genocide of Jews.

link   

I have been thinking.

No.

I made that statement to elicit a response.

NO ONE could differentiate between hamas and palestinians.

ergo; hamas is palestinians.

And I stand by my statement stating that all terrorists and their supporters should die.

Who in their right mind would support terrorism?

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I have been thinking.

And in this thread. It's at the top of this page. Israel's actions don't meet the definition.
edit on 13-5-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No one could maybe but except that one time when I did. And you actually wrote "hamas is palestinians. palestinians is hamas" after I've explained the difference. Your messages as well as mine are public. Don't bother lying.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   

No one could maybe but except that one time when I did. And you actually wrote "hamas is palestinians. palestinians is hamas" after I've explained the difference. Your messages as well as mine are public. Don't bother lying.

And Palestinians as a group in Gaza actively build weapons and work collectively for the genocide of Jews.

Care to address the false accusations of genocide against Isreal.
edit on 13-5-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

(post by jofafot removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

I have been thinking.

And in this thread. It's at the top of this page. Israel's actions don't meet the definition.

It’s a bloody war Hamas broke a cease fire to commit genocide against Israel.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You said;

I'm not asking you to stop or suggesting you should stop. Difference between hamas and palestinians are one is a terrorist organization and other is used when referring to people who live in a certain place in the world. Kinda like how the word "american" refers to citizens of usa even though america is also the name of the continent and "american" could very well mean anyone who live in that continent.
Edit: I still don't know if the word "bitch" is banned or not. Will I get in trouble for saying it?

So the terrorists are the people living in a certain geographical region.

Gaza. hamas is living in Gaza. hamas are paestinians.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazy88

And Palestinians as a group in Gaza actively build weapons and work collectively for the genocide of Jews.

Imagine using whataboutism to counter an unknown argument that I probably never made(because that has nothing to do with what you replied to).

Care to address the false accusations of genocide against Isreal.

Sounds like you want me to say something. I don't remember claiming israel is committing genocide. I don't remember claiming hamas are the good guys. So what are you implying? Say it clearly.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join