It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Find 7 potential Dyson spheres after Scanning 5 million Objects

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: toadaly

or even just individual collectors, all at different inclinations and different radii?

I think that would be far more likely , a Dyson swarm would be easier to achieve and maintain while still being detectable to nosey neighbours like us.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I agree with the folks who have commented Dyson spheres could be a hoax. I also agree that we should not trust the scientists. I have first hand experience with this, as I am a computer programmer who writes libraries for scientific computing and I have worked and still work as a contractor for many labs. Modern science is mostly propaganda and more about the opinion and consensus of the scientists working on the project than it is based on scientific facts and experimentation. I recall William Shatner said a few years ago that there is no difference between science and science fiction. They are the same thing. He wasn't joking...

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sounds like standard bull# to secure more funding.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
The current answer is because we can, and should for a couple of reasons. The question we really need to answer is 'Now what do we do?' First we need a descent survey to know what is going on out there, if anything. We have no idea of the commonality of life, how often it becomes intelligent enough for civilization or interstellar travel, or what the upper potential for life could be.

If the universe is empty we can focus on preserving the most precious place in the universe. Maybe look onto starting our own DNA planet seeding program or something. If it turns out these 7 objects are artificial out of the 5 million surveyed, we can assume life more advanced than us at 1 in a million and many more inhabited planets with no glaring intelligent life signals. Seeding other planets could be a foolish blunder.

Confirming a Dyson sphere-like object would give me a lot of optimism for the future despite our current terrestrial situation.

edit on 14-5-2024 by GalacticCorn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

But Dyson Spheres are orbitally unsupported beyond the equatorial reagons.

The same could be said about the dome on the mosques. Hydraulic fluid under pressure is one approach to counteract the gradational forces as the structure extends of the equatorial plane. Once the key stone is put in at the top of the poles, all good.

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 02:10 AM
link   
In building those branches off the equatorial plane to the poles, want at least three branches. Perhaps go for 4 in case one fails. Two can do it, but have to be spot on with the engineering.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join