It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Officials Believe International Court Is Preparing Arrest Warrants Over War

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   
News being reported in Israel and supported by Israeli Officials speaking on the condition of anonymity to the NYT suggest that the International Criminal Court could be preparing to issue arrest warrants for Israeli and Hamas officials over the war in Gaza , it's believed Netanyahu is among those in the sights of the ICC.

Israeli officials increasingly believe that the International Criminal Court is preparing to issue arrest warrants for senior government officials on charges related to the conflict with Hamas, according to five Israeli and foreign officials.

The Israeli and foreign officials also believe the court is weighing arrest warrants for leaders from Hamas.

If the court proceeds, the Israeli officials could potentially be accused of preventing the delivery of humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip and pursuing an excessively harsh response to the Hamas-led Oct. 7 attacks on Israel, according to two of the five officials, all of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

The Israeli officials, who are worried about the potential fallout from such a case, said they believe that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is among those who might be named in a warrant. It is not clear who might be charged from Hamas or what crimes would be cited.

The Israeli officials did not disclose the nature of the information that led them to be concerned about potential I.C.C. action, and the court did not comment on the matter.
www.nytimes.com...

The ICC have been investigating the actions of the Israeli government against the people of the Palestinian territories since well before October 7th so I guess they already had a fat file before Israel's over the top response to the Oct 7th attack by Hamas.

In a further headache for Israel more EU countries are set to officially recognise the State of Palestine , they are Ireland, Spain, Slovenia and Malta.
edit on 29-4-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

(post by diaclonethunder removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe. But i doubt it considering that the ICC recently declared that Israel was NOT committing Genocide, it doesn't seem like they would now, just two months later, instantly come up with an arrest warrant. Kinda just sounds like nervous rumors. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if the ICC tried to interfere with Israel protecting itself.

UPENN Explaining The ICC Ruling on Israel and Gaza

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

But i doubt it considering that the ICC recently declared that Israel was NOT committing Genocide

They didn't say that though , they found it is "plausible" that Israel has committed acts that violate the Genocide Convention.

The ICJ found it plausible that Israel's acts could amount to genocide and issued six provisional measures, ordering Israel to take all measures within its power to prevent genocidal acts, including preventing and punishing incitement to genocide, ensuring aid and services reach Palestinians under siege in Gaza
www.ohchr.org...#:~:text=The%20ICJ%20found%2 0it%20plausible,under%20siege%20in%20Gaza%2C%20and

edit on 29-4-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: diaclonethunder
lmfao.
internati0nal c0urt?

netatanyu is an IZREALI.
puttin is a RUSSSIAN.
i am an AMMERICAN.

if i saw an internati0nal judge, i would tell him off just out of i can do it.

in fakt- on twittter, i gleeefully tell off c0mmunist p0liticians from other c0untries.
what are they going to do to me, nothing.

fcuck internati0nalsm.
fcuck globalizm.
fcuck the internati0nalists.

An fcuck Spelchek

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The pressure is mounting and the cracks are starting to show.

I wonder what it means?

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The ICC is just as much of a joke as the UN.
They’ve had orders to arrest Putin for close to a year now or more.
Good luck.
They’ll need it.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If Israel are committing genocide then it is the most ineffective, most ponderously slow attempt at genocide ever embarked upon. Either Israel are totally incompetent at this genocide business or they are not actually genociding anyone.

Screw the dumb toothless court and their virtue signalling.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Putin just laughs))))

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Israel is not a signatory of the Rome Statutes which is the basis for the ICC so really it's just talk as Israel can tell them to go away.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Israel is not a signatory of the Rome Statutes which is the basis for the ICC so really it's just talk as Israel can tell them to go away.

Now tell me what you wrote about Putin in a similar situation)))))

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll
????????? you tell me, I'm 74 and can just remember yesterday.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Good. Then The IDF can assist in rounding up all The Hamas murderers 😀

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
????????? you tell me, I'm 74 and can just remember yesterday.

I understand that there are many of these on the forum))))

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
They didn't say that though , they found it is "plausible" that Israel has committed acts that violate the Genocide Convention.

Again ... The ICC did NOT rule that Israel committed genocide. It said that some of the ACCUSATIONS are capable of falling within the provisions of the (Genocide) Convention. It said that it's PLAUSIBLE that Israel’s actions fall within the scope of the Convention.

Plausible. Not that they did it.
Definition of plausible ... seemingly reasonable.

There is no evidence to substantiate the accusations and therefore there is no ruling that they committed genocide.

'PLAUSIBLE' ... very subjective and not at all definitive. You can't charge people/countries on 'plausible'. The bottom line ... ICC investigated and came up empty handed and passed down a ruling of no charges of genocide.

And I'm saying that since just two months ago they said that there was no ruling of genocide on the part of Israel, and they had no evidence to support the claim, then I doubt that just two months later they are going to have anything of substance to change their mind with and start issuing arrest warrants. They might. But I doubt it.

UPENN Explaining International Court Justice Ruling

PWH: Does this ruling confirm the accusation that Israel is committing genocide in Gaza?

Burke-White: No. In fact, this ruling could never have done so, because though this decision is binding, it is merely the first step in a much longer judicial process that is expected to take years to complete. This initial decision was in response to South Africa’s request for provisional measures and does not represent a final ruling in the case. Cases before the ICJ are long, often taking many years. But in circumstances of extreme urgency where the rights of either party may be irreparably harmed while the case is under consideration, the Court can order countries to take actions that “preserve the respective rights of either party.” Such provisional measures do not involve an actual decision on the merits of the case and hence could never confirm the accusation that Israel is committing genocide.

The Court also took a very cautious approach to this case and was careful not to suggest that Israel is committing genocide. The closest the Court came was to observe that “at least some of the acts and omissions alleged by South Africa to have been committed by Israel in Gaza appear to be capable of The Court also took a very cautious approach to this case and was careful not to suggest that Israel is committing genocide. The closest the Court came was to observe that “at least some of the acts and omissions alleged by South Africa to have been committed by Israel in Gaza appear to be capable of falling within the provisions of the (Genocide) Convention. It is worth reading that sentence closely and noting that the Court merely restates South Africa’s allegations, rather than reaches a conclusion of its own. So too, many different violations short of genocide itself might “fall within the provisions of the Convention,” such as the failure to prosecute perpetrators or instigators of genocide

It is, however, significant that the Court has found it at least plausible that Israel’s actions fall within the scope of the Convention. ” It is worth reading that sentence closely and noting that the Court merely restates South Africa’s allegations, rather than reaches a conclusion of its own. So too, many different violations short of genocide itself might “fall within the provisions of the Convention,” such as the failure to prosecute perpetrators or instigators of genocide.

It is, however, significant that the Court has found it at least plausible that Israel’s actions fall within the scope of the Convention.

edit on 4/29/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

The ICC is just as much of a joke as the UN.
They’ve had orders to arrest Putin for close to a year now or more.
Good luck.
They’ll need it.

Putin is just a crazy old man like Biden. That is why he hasn't been arrested yet. JK.

Seriously though, just because they haven't touched Putin means nothing. These Israelis are committing Genocide! Killing thousands of innocent women and children.

The ICC will pick em up before the ink is dry on the warrants.

You know, rules for thee and not for mee and all....

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Вы хотите тронуть Путина? Попробуйте. Это будет последним желанием в вашей жизни))))

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

In the end everything falls under its own weight. Israel has been committing systematic ethnic cleansing in Palestine for decades with impunity. They forgot (or they believe themselves above good and evil) that this time their aberrations have been seen by the entire world and there is no turning back.

Israel is crumbling from the inside out.

Gaza will be the grave of Zionism.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Translated via web to

"Do you want to touch Putin? Give it a try. This will be the last wish of your life"

nice, threats to other members are frowned upon, are you Putins bodygaurd?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join