It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geddy Lee in Conversation with Alex Lifeson - My Effin’ Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   
While Alex has been off making music Geddy wrote a book about his Effin’ Life which was released last year , the book release was supported by a number of shows where Geddy was in conversation about his Effin’ Life with different "interviewers" , the lucky folks of Toronto got to see what I post for you here , two old blokes talking for an hour.

It's easy to see how Rush lasted so long , their love and respect for each other is evident as is their shared pain at the loss of Neil , if you're a Rush fan this is for you.

Neil Peart , Rock in perpetuity.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Rush, now, like Queen 2 years ago, is being forced down everyone's throat.

Rush sucks. Besides Tom sawyer and yyz, there's nothing worth speaking about, niel pert this, niel pert that. He's a great drummer in a mediocre band like slas as a guitarist in guns n roses. Could've been better anywhere else.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeofPoseidon

Millions of fans and legends of Rock would disagree. But to each his own taste. Apparently you have none.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeofPoseidon
Rush, now, like Queen 2 years ago, is being forced down everyone's throat.

Rush sucks. Besides Tom sawyer and yyz, there's nothing worth speaking about, niel pert this, niel pert that. He's a great drummer in a mediocre band like slas as a guitarist in guns n roses. Could've been better anywhere else.

Well you’re certainly entitled to your opinion. I actually loathed Rush until the last 15-20 years. When you really just listen to each part of their music and how technical all of it is, I’m not sure how you don’t appreciate it. It’s not music I dance around to, or get pumped listening to. It’s music that gives me an appreciation for the whole process. It’s almost like “prototype rock”. But each his own, I definitely respect your opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That was great, thanks for posting!

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeofPoseidon
If only Neil and Slash would have listened to you, imagine the incredible music they would have made!
Alas, the world will never know what could have been.

Such is life

top topics

join