It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions in first 12 weeks should be legalised in Germany, commission says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Abortions in Germany should be legalised within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, a government-appointed commission has recommended.

While abortion is rarely punished, it remains illegal in Germany, except for specific circumstances including when a woman’s life is in danger, or she is a victim of rape, while the prerequisite for any termination is a consultation with a state-recognised body.

To be honest I didn't know in most cases abortion is illegal in Germany. European countries are quite flexible and allow abortion up to 24 weeks into the pregnancy when the fetus becomes medically viable i.e able to survive outside the uterus.

According to the commission Germany's existing law isn't compatible with international standards and needs to be modernized. Following these recommendations there has been a lot of reaction on the pro and anti abortion camps.

I think the law needs to be changed and allow women to have legal and safe abortions without the danger of people getting indicted and risking fines or jail and I am talking about pregnant women and doctors/physicians or nurses.
edit on 15-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Well?

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well?

Well.. what?

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Consvoli

abortion is rarely punished

There are no consequences so what’s the big deal?

Immigration is really killing that country so it seems like a better use of time to focus on instead of this abortion non issue of no consequence.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Immigration is really killing that country so it seems like a better use of time to focus on instead of this abortion non issue of no consequence.

What does immigration has to do with abortion?
And how do you know what's best for Germany?

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli

What does immigration has to do with abortion?
And how do you know what's best for Germany?

The Germanic people are dying off as a bloodline and they not only as a country encourage immigration, they now want to abort more.

I say they should legalize abortion until the fetus is 18 years old.

Let's just cut to the chase, politically.

And have it be over with.

Unless of course German citizens have a problem with that and maybe fix things so that their government actually represents German citizens....

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I would not have a problem with abortions being legal within a twelve week time frame here in America. I approved of them being approved back in the seventies for I think the first trimester originally. But it didn't stay that way, they kept pushing it up all the time. I think if they would have left it at the first Trimester the law would still be standing.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I would not have a problem with abortions being legal within a twelve week time frame here in America. I approved of them being approved back in the seventies for I think the first trimester originally. But it didn't stay that way, they kept pushing it up all the time. I think if they would have left it at the first Trimester the law would still be standing.

In some states you can have an abortion in the 16th week in some others even in the 24th week which is considered the time the fetus becomes medically viable. Maybe for some pregnant women who don't learn they are pregnant until a few weeks have passed and don't have the money for the abortion the 12 weeks period will not work for them.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Maybe they are connected?Get Germans to abort as they flood the country with replacement third worlders.Within a generation or two Germany is brown.
edit on 15/4/2024 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Exactly.
You and Lumenari both get it 👍

I hope the people of Germany start opening their eyes.

Eta: When your government wants you to abort your babies, you should really ask why.
When your government wants to disarm you, you should really ask why.
When your government starts censoring your speech and actions you should ask why.
When your government wants you dependent on them you should ask why.

Protip: It’s not because they like you and want to give you more freedoms.

edit on 15-4-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I think Germany should do as Germany see's fit.
Exactly the same as America should do as America see's fit.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
The Germanic people are dying off as a bloodline

I know of a very well known historical figure who had that line of thinking.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 09:54 AM
link   

What are you talking about?

Roe V Wade made abortions legal nationwide up to fetal viability. It's always been that way. Nobody was "pushing it up all the time".

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   

please tell me how many muslims living in germany and how many ethnic germans? and how many refugees becoming citizens in the end? i know the numbers. you? comments like this are as old as the internet. by the way: the number of muslims in germany is sligthly declining. so no „volksaustausch“.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Roe V Wade made abortions legal nationwide up to fetal viability. It's always been that way. Nobody was "pushing it up all the time".

The law has now changed and different states have different abortion laws.

In France for example abortion has been made a constitutional right.

apnews.com...

If you think about it, the constitution says you have a constitutional right to terminate a pregnancy.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The law has now changed and different states have different abortion laws.

Yes, in 2022 the Scupreme Court of the United States overturned its 1973 benchmark ruling Roe Wade, which stated that women have a constitutional right to abortion until fetal viability in its Dobbs V Jackson. In so doing, the Court ripped the constitutional right away from The People and gave it to the States.

If you think about it, the constitution says you have a constitutional right to terminate a pregnancy.

Many states have enshrined the right in their Constitutions. It's just a matter of time until Dobbs is overturned as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Here is the original determination when the law was passed.

www.britannica.com...

States could make restrictions during the second trimester, but their power had limitations.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: malte86

“Demographic change in Germany is marked by low birth rates and a declining population size. Increased life expectancy, the resulting ageing of the population and the growing proportion of the population with an immigrant background affect Germany more than other industrial countries. Demographic change impacts almost every area of life and will significantly influence our society and economy in the coming decades.
www.bmi.bund.de...

The recent surge has pushed many German regions and municipalities to the brink. Local officials complain that they have neither the housing nor the personnel to handle the more than 250,000 asylum seekers who have arrived in the country so far this year.“
www.politico.eu...

Looks pretty rough to me gunter.
Aborting your German babies is not helping the German people.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: malte86

“Demographic change in Germany is marked by low birth rates and a declining population size. Increased life expectancy, the resulting ageing of the population and the growing proportion of the population with an immigrant background affect Germany more than other industrial countries. Demographic change impacts almost every area of life and will significantly influence our society and economy in the coming decades.
www.bmi.bund.de...

The recent surge has pushed many German regions and municipalities to the brink. Local officials complain that they have neither the housing nor the personnel to handle the more than 250,000 asylum seekers who have arrived in the country so far this year.“
www.politico.eu...

Looks pretty rough to me gunter.
Aborting your German babies is not helping the German people.

Is this an argument against abortion?
What you are trying to say is that Germans shouldn't have abortions because if they do immigrants will be running the country in 40-50 years.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

From your link:

During the second trimester the state could regulate abortion procedures to protect the health of pregnant persons, but it could not prohibit abortions altogether. From the end of the second trimester, which the Court identified as the starting point of viability the state could regulate or prohibit abortions in order to protect the pregnant person’s health or to preserve fetal viability.

That's what I said.

States could make restrictions during the second trimester, but their power had limitations.

The people doing the pushing were the people who wanted to restrict abortion more than Roe allowed, not the other way around, and were chipping away at the constitutional right until it was gone.

Dobbs was about a group trying to stop the Jackson Woman's Health Clinic from administering abortions after 15 weeks. Not at fetal viability which typically begins between 21-24 weeks. Texas ordered clinics to stop administering abortions at 6 weeks, and the Supreme Court let them, even before the Dobbs case was heard.

No, it wasn't pro-choice people pushing for more than Roe offered that sunk Roe, it was the constant chipping away at Roe by the far Christian Right that did her in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join