It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Israel Protesters in CHICAGO Chant 'Death to Israel and 'Death to America'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well ... last week it was the Islamic Republic of Dearbornistan in Michigan.
Now this week it's Chicago that has useful idiot Hamas supporting American morons
chanting 'death to America'.

These 'peace activists' cheered when they heard that Iran launched a missile attack
upon Israel. Just goes to show that they don't really want peace. They just want
dead Jews.

It should be noted that the chants were in FARSI, not English.

Chicago Activists Cheer Learning Iran Launched Attack on Israel - Chant Death to America

Self-described anti-war activists in Chicago cheered after learning that Iran had launched hundreds of drones and missiles at Israel on Saturday.

Earlier in the day at that same event, before the Iran attacks, one agitator led chants in Farsi translating to "Death to America" and "Death to Israel," according to a Free Press reporter there.

Freedom of speech? Sure. Everyone gets it.
But it's against the law to call for the death of America and the destruction of our government.
Doing that should have consequences.

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

edit on 4/15/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Also in Chicago news…..

Gang member with one gun kills more people in one shooting than Iran, who used 300 aerial weapons.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The problem with a law like this is that it's so broad. You could literally lock up most of America with a law like this. ... which is prolly the point. They don't use the law until they have a political reason to do so. You know like jan 6. ...but death to America? Nah their cool with that.

Dadblamn lawyers.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   

No matter what, every war or conflict the US is in any way involved in will have critics. On the extreme level there will even be sympathizers for our enemies.

WWII is long over, yet Nazis still have demonstrations. Many of whom are likely celebrating this as well.

That said, I think these extremes are a small minority. Their speech is in fact protected, and it was a Jewish lawyer with the ACLU who argued for the freedom of speech for Nazis noting-

Because we believe that the constitutional guarantees of freedom of speech and press would be meaningless if the government could pick and choose the persons to whom they apply. The ACLU's responsibility-since its founding in 1920-has been to make sure that all are free to speak, no matter what their ideas.

I doubt saying death to America is illegal considering it’s not a direct threat to an individual or a statement that the people chanting it are actually going to do anything. People wish for the deaths of others all the time.

That said, it’s not going to help their cause and is a good way to speed run your way onto watchlists.

None of this is defending their abhorrent position, only free speech. But I’m sure many haven’t made it to this part of the comment and I’ll be labeled some kind of sympathizer.
edit on 15-4-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Let them speak. They are telling everyone what side they are on.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You say you don't think it's against the law, but the law quoted in the OP says even just the "desire" is illegal.

Again, they can pick and choose who to prosecute but pretty much everyone could be locked up under a law like this.

Dadblamn powers that be.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

That’s why so many vehemently defend speech, especially the kind they dislike.

If you can’t say death to a country, then what happens when on the internet someone says we should just nuke a country? That’s a statement I would always disagree with, but I don’t think you should go to jail for it.

It’s a slippery slope.

I bet the one guy who said it is on a list now though.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's going to be a hot Summer and smoldering Fall this year.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Great time for popcorn.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

...and these are the democrat voters Biden is pandering to for votes.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

If many of them are immigrants that swore the oath of allegiance wouldn’t that be a different issue?

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

If many of them are immigrants that swore the oath of allegiance wouldn’t that be a different issue?

This news story has one guy chanting death to America.

Again, slippery slopes.

So do we say the whole group is responsible for him.

I certainly don’t subscribe to Islam or any organized religion for that matter. But they have the right to.

There are extremist sects of all the abrahamic religions that I strongly disagree with. But I haven’t ever said they shouldn’t have the right to speech.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Freedom of speech? Sure. Everyone gets it.
But it's against the law to call for the death of America and the destruction of our government.
Doing that should have consequences.

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Funny, that's what they've accused Trump of doing on J6, and they're still arresting and prosecuting people. I wonder how many of these radicals will be held accountable?/sarc.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Also in Chicago news…..

Gang member with one gun kills more people in one shooting than Iran, who used 300 aerial weapons.

Just one shooting (of many) this past weekend in Chicago, left a 9 year old girl dead, and 10 others wounded, including children.

www.cbsnews.com...

It was perplexing watching how easily the father conversed with reporter after reporter, over the loss of his little girl.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole
It's going to be a hot Summer and smoldering Fall this year.

The last one for awhile, if Donald Trump picks a good Attorney General this time.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I was just talking with someone about these sorts of protests yesterday. I just don't see the natural logic in it. I would think that a protest would be something designed to raise awareness and SUPPORT for one's cause, not to inconvenience and endanger normal, hard working individuals who have no say in international affairs.

There is this wonderful prayer that I love. It's called the Serenity Prayer, and probably many of you have heard of it. It goes like this:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference

If I could make the whole world peaceful, I would. But, I can't. C'est la vie.

Here's something fun to leave you with...

edit on 15-4-2024 by ElCura because: d

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Only when it's a general threat.

If public officials are threatened, well, that's somehow (D)different.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Freedom 👏 of 👏 speech👏

It doesn't mean protecting the people you agree with or admire, it means protecting the people you don't. Open forum and debate or fascism are the choices.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Sure .. like I said .. Freedom of Speech.
BUT .. their speech actually breaks the law.
Instigating overthrow of the US Government isn't allowed by law.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join