It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Captured a Honey Bee Swarm Today (Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I was visiting my dad and he was showing me his honey bee hives in the backyard. He looked up above the fence and was surprised to see a wild swarm of honey bees. He thought it may have been a new queen leaving and taking the hive with her, but turns out it's not.

He wanted to capture the swarm and give them a new home and I decided to help & record him (mainly record). These bees were very, very docile and I think he got stung once. What's amazing is that I didn't get stung at all and. . . I had no shirt on and only flip flops. I stood underneath the swarm as he cut the branches and thousands of them fell all over me. I'm still surprised I wasn't stung.

Are any of you beekepers?

I always like to share my videos with you all here. I dont make any money from them or anything, it's just a hobby I have. Also, I had to edit the thumbnail a bit to get a little more captivating shot, because most of the swarm was already in the box when I got a close shot.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Gee, why did you relocate them to such a small housing unit? It should have been at least a fifteen bedroom three bath home.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If I try to do anything with a hive, the bees or wasps let me know to stay the hell away.

I had a wasp nest on the grarage eve next to where we park the car. I needed to leave a leak, so I started to pee right next to it and a wasp came down in front of me and flapped it's wings to make a sound like buzz-bizz-bizz-buzz. I looked up at the nest and saw the queen peeking out and about six or seven wasps did the same buzz-bizz-bizz-buzz thing. I backed up and the queen went back in and all the wasps went back to their business.

suppose if a giant decided to piss outside our door, my wife would send me out there to tell it to get the hell out of there and go do it's smelly job somewhere else. I felt so connected to those guys working on the nest...I guess working construction for many years I can understand the workers even when they are all Buzzed up.

edit on 14-4-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 08:47 PM
link   
A swarm of bees was flying to a new territory.
One of them in the middle of the swarm flew up to the lead bee and asked if they could stop for a potty break. The lead bee responds, hold it just a bit, there's a BP station up ahead.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheInvisibleRedneck

wOw....very kool

I give props to people who deal with these damn bees lol

Thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Very cool and thanks for looking out for the bees. I've been a big fan of bees ever since I was a child, i loved learning about them and studying them.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:49 PM
link   
America could use the help of "The Beekeeper" right about now.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The bees are smart enough to understand he is no threat. Bees are just amazing! Smarter than many people

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 02:31 AM
link   

You're fortunate to have wild swarms. Colony collapse in Europe has taken away many honeybees. I now mainly see bumblebees working the flowers and only an occasional honeybee.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   
We have a few wildflowers in the yard and it's always a good day when we have a little sweet honeybee going about their business when I sit and meditate on the side porch and just observe nature and her wonders.

As soon as I get my proverbials together and we get a good spring rainy season I plan to seed the property line with all manner of pollenator friendlly wildflowers as a gift to my Mother in Law and to enhance the beauty of the roadside.

When the greenery isn't maintained, it can look pretty feral out here in the winter, but luckily Nature knows what she's doing and Cycles will take their course, I just feel the compulsion to do my duty as a fellow part of Creation and help spread the Love.

I think there's a beekeeper around here somewhere...so I'll make sure they're good flowers.

Local honeybutter kicks some serious ass.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 06:31 AM
link   
he's got bigger huevos than i do, messin with a swam like that, in fact i'd say mucho grande huevos.
honey bee's can and will light your ass up.
not wearing a suit could enough stings and a country boy might not survive.
edit on 15-4-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The old man said they're full of honey, so couldn't really sting. Makes since, most they could really do was dive bomb us, 😂

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: texas thinker

Nice, 😂

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Beekeeper would be happy. You could probably get a hive or two. It's not really hard. Takes a few minutes a day, I think an hour or so on the weekends.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I had on flip flops and swimming trunks and a hat. Glad they were full of honey. He dumped thousands on me when he cut the branch and I was underneath holding the ladder. Still surprised I didn't get stung.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I've read about the honey bees problems. I'm glad it hasn't effected us so much. . . at least not that I'm aware of.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Bees are really neat. I had a swarm in my front yard one time. Looks like it was something out of a horror movie. I hear this crazy buzzing and saw the swarm outside. They finally settled on a tree. The swarm was calm. I called someone to come get them. He came over and gave them a little smoke. He trimmed the branch they were on. Put it in a bucket and took them with him.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

They are pretty cool. I think it's pretty rare to see a swarm like that, especially if there are no beekeepers nearby. It would be awesome if they built a natural hive in your land somewhere that didn't mess up your property. It would be awesome to get some honey from a wild bee hive.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I was talking to the guy that picked up my swarm. Apparently the bees swarm around a new queen while she goes to look for a place to stay. And this was the second bee swarm on my property. I had them in my attic and had to be removed.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Pretty wild

top topics

<<   2 >>

join