It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason of the Existence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 05:03 AM
link   
My biggest question was why something can even exist? Even vibrations or say universe, universes... I don't know if someone come up with this idea of mine
which came to me two days ago... I realized, "nothing" can't exist... If it existed it wouldn't be "nothing" or "nothingness" hence the eternal existence, everything and the eternal present time.

So this solves the question for me, where we came from what is God with the same principle, everything is here, no beginning no end. Like a playdough always changing and moving but just sitting until something decides to move. So its us. We are gods, including animals, trees. anything lives, and things have momentum. Even a rock sitting on earth still has momentum in space. And everything else that is written, rules, religions, its just us. So a God wrote them, changed them, and it believes in itself if one chooses to. Its up to that part of God to choose. But as I am sure as everything is connected, karma will find you now or later.
edit on 14-4-2024 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

The problem with karma is fatalism and its practical implications.

People believing that their current circumstances are entirely predetermined by their past actions.

And that they have no control over their future, leads to a sense of resignation, which quite frankly inhibits personal growth and change.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
The problem with karma is fatalism and its practical implications..

The problem I have with Karma is that it takes so long to happen, that the lesson you are supposed to learn from it can't be learned. If people instantly, or within a reasonable amount of time, had negative karma bounce back and bite them ... then I could understand Karma being something designed into our reality. It would have purpose. However, those who subscribe to the notion of Karma say that it might not hit back at you until even another whole incarnation. And then you are suffering and are clueless as to why. It seems like a really bad way to run things and not helpful at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I believe you reincarnate and then come to a point of understanding which would be capable of learning from that karma bounce which happens "if" you can get it. If you are not in the capacity to get it, it does not come to you as a lesson so you reincarnate again. Yes its such a time consuming thing in my opinion lol. So the experience wipe happens, and if you ef up during the new cycle then it even takes more time with more lives. Harsh. But hey, you get to get tired for a one life time lolx2

edit on 14-4-2024 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Karma is a mental concept like an omnipotent judge to keep those that have no common sense and no inherent morals by empathy in a manageable place.
very basic mechanisms of control... Most religions have them which tells us a great deal about their actual purpose...

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The problem with karma is fatalism and its practical implications..

The problem I have with Karma is that it takes so long to happen, that the lesson you are supposed to learn from it can't be learned. If people instantly, or within a reasonable amount of time, had negative karma bounce back and bite them ... then I could understand Karma being something designed into our reality. It would have purpose. However, those who subscribe to the notion of Karma say that it might not hit back at you until even another whole incarnation. And then you are suffering and are clueless as to why. It seems like a really bad way to run things and not helpful at all.

What lesson has this good acquaintance of mine learned through what the OP would call Karma?

She was forced to stand on her knees for hours with her legs and feet beaten as a child for "misbehavior". In her early 50's she had to have both knees replaced as a result. Then she got cancer. Last week she saw a Dr about her back. He said it can't be repaired because someone must have beat the hell out of her when she was a child. He said she will never walk upright again. In the process of all this she could not work, her business is failing, she forgoes eating to pay rent. Friends who bring her food, she tells not to because she doesn't feel any sense of self worth, she doesn't deserve help.

I guess the OP would call this Karma. Something she clearly deserved. Why did a little girl who was just an ordinary little girl, who grew into a productive, sweet, gentle person deserve this Karma? What a cruel notion. I'd kick that "god" and nasty cruel religion out of my life, which one is it, the one with multiple hands to hurt, the one that looks like an elephant to crush souls, or another eastern "god" that should be kicked to the curb as so evil as to be worth forgetting even exists.

Why doesn't my acquaintance call her relatives to help, well parents are dead - at least there is some karma, but her brothers so badly sexually abused her that she never married or had children because she could not bear to be touched. How is Karma a good thing?

I'm asking God, why. Of course she feels even God could never love her because her entire life has been one great punishment and for what? She never hurt anyone. At least the Abrahamic God cries with and for her because of the evil done to her because he gave humans free will and the freedom to choose. Karma is cruel because it says this little girl did deserve everything that happened to her because of what she did before she was even born. HUH?

edit on 4/14/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: addition

edit on 4/14/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: addition

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   

There are a multitude of issues associated with the concept of Karma.

End of the day it's a religious control construct.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

That's what I was going to say, karma just like any other form of judgement requires a modicum of knowledge and perception whether it's by the universe, a god or others.

I like to call it voyuerism.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

How is Karma a good thing?

In my opinion it's not a good thing or a bad thing.

It just is.

I've always believed that ultimately you get what you give.

In some form or another.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

Thank you for that story, it illustrates what I have been thinking lately.

My late grandmother used to say, "This life, one more and then what?" She was referring to this life, the next life in either heaven or hell, and whatever comes next. That's a cynical Christian view point, but it can be said of reincarnation to infinity.

One life can be a hellish experience, what can anyone learn from that. esp. if they don't remember one life to the next?

Also, why is a mortal human life is considered some kind of a lesson that needs to be learned before your soul can exit the reincarnation cycle? It seems like doing hard time for some evil you have done, a punishment rather than some lesson you can't seem to learn from one life to the next.

It could be like a scary carnival ride, filled with thrills and chills that end when you die and return to the other side, or it 's just lights out non-existence, the eternal grave.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The Lady Who Bought Eternity

A lady was once asked: "Would you like to purchase an eternity of everything, or would you like to purchase an eternity of nothing? And the lady replied: Well of course I would LOVE to purchase an eternity of EVERYTHING!! So she did...

And then a few billion years later she became quite bored with it and tried to return it.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CCoburn

Was her name Sophia?

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

I see your first paragraph as fundamental. Bottom line. It's not ''why'' we exist or ''how'' we exist nor 'where or when'' but THAT we exist. All of this. Climbing to any of what might be projected as edges of this existence, borders, where it might cease to be and looking out upon any feared or expected ''nothing'' demonstrates that ''nothing isn't there''. There, as you understand, is no nothing cuz it isn't even not. All remains all and this remains all. The ''I Am that I Am'' is the ''This that is This''

I have droppee considerations of karma out of my equations as I find them to be antiquated ''place holders'' for existential considerations not achievable by prior experiential parameters. That is, from my perspective, this earthly field grows, it widens in width, broadens in scope and deepens in depth as time passes and our opportunity for comprehension and experience of the This that is This grows with it. So this notion of karma may have been useful as an aspect of mans growth in comprehending reality it now serves as a stumbling block to further growth in this understanding. We might be better guided by ditching it while endeavoring to find just what it has been a ''place holder'' for.

edit on 99147452024Apr2024-04-14T17:47:10-05:001720242024 by BingoMcGoof because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Was her name Sophia?

I'd have to look that up. I'm thinking maybe that's a Gnostic feminine that has to do with creation. I'm not really that familiar with the Gnostic stuff, but if that's the case the feminine equivalent for me would be Isis.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Look its like they say in the bible. In the beginning there was nothing, and then God said…

Scientists describe an infinite thing as something that takes up all the space available to itself.

If there was nothing, then there was nothing spatially. So whatever did exist, took up all the space available to itself. Becoming an infinite thing. We know what that infinite thing is, because every finite thing is the same thing that infinite thing is. What is it we truly are. The monks and spiritually enlightened people will tell you “i am that which is aware”. That’s what the finite thing is, then thats what the infinite thing is. A singularity. An infinite awareness. Existing as nothing spatially. What can an infinite awareness do? It can imagine, do maths, do calculations, simulations in its mind, imagine a universe, play all the roles in that universe.
edit on 15/4/2024 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
Look its like they say in the bible. In the beginning there was nothing, and then God said…

Even the Jewish/Hermetic Kabbalah puts light at the source, not to mention e=mc² which is foundational to the universal framework.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

edit on 4/15/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

edit on 4/15/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Thing is in this day of age that word is kind of frowned upon in most developed nations, "Isis" that is

In some Gnostic traditions Sophia is seen as the creator of the material world.

Or as a being who fell from the divine realm leading to the creation of the flawed material cosmos.
edit on 16-4-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Thing is in this day of age that word is kind of frowned upon in most developed nations, "Isis" that is

I think about that every time I use it, and sometimes I even inadvertently begin typing it in caps.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join