It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1936 all over again, with drones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Anyone well-read in history will recognise the significance of the year 1936. Besides being the year when Hitler sent troops into the Rhineland (which was supposed to be free of them), it also saw the opening of the Spanish Civil War. The Spanish Civil war turned into a proxy battle between Fascism and Communism, in which Hitler and Stalin could try out their battle methods. It wasn't World War Two, but an important step in that direction.

Now we have two proxy wars going on, in the Ukraine and in Iran-Israel. (Future historians may see both Russia and Iran as proxies of China). Hitler had been able to practice the new techniques of air-warfare. Now everybody is learning about the effectiveness of drones. Both sides of the question, in fact. The Ukraine has taught us how damaging they can be. Israel has just taught us how they may be stopped.

Students of war will also recognise the name Dreadnaught. The original Dreadnaught was a state-of-the-art British battleship built at the end of the nineteenth century, which almost instantly made all the other battleships of the world obsolete. Including the rest of the British navy, which meant that a new and more expensive arms-race was starting from scratch. It seems to me that the deployment of drones has set off a new Dreadnaught era.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI2

That last point particularly resonates.
It does feel as though we have entered a new, drone centric warfare model.

I have seen it in fiction lately too. (The Repulse series by Chris James spring immediately to mind)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 05:19 AM
link   

How do the bankers start a world war when most people would prefer to live in a world where they are able to raise a family?

Machines first.

People second.

Aliens for the finale?

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79
We've already discovered that people are capable of starting a world war without aliens, so they're not essential to the scenario.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

"Aliens for the finale?"

He was not speaking so much to that extreme but to the hardware of war being the wondrous UFOs that every government on earth would love to have at their disposal with which to rule. This is the primary reason governments have failed to recognize the existence of UFOs for so long--a terrific weapon of war.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:47 AM
link   

You're not wrong and it's been the general direction for 25+ years now. It all comes down to cost.

WWII had giants of the sea too but they were practically useless since their was so many cheap ways to hold them back and nobody wants to lose a huge investment which is often intrinsically linked with national pride. Israel predictably took most of these drones and missiles out of the sky but ultimately what was the cost if you weigh up everything needed for a successful defence?

Realistically the world is just catching up with American and Western technology, we've been working for years on cheap alternatives that will replace expensive take down methods and we're working heavily on AI and drone autonomy. DragonFire is only going to cost around £10 per shot... A swarm of stealthy miniaturised drones can completely change the capability of a small sortie.

By 2030 western versions will be operational, I can't say the same for our adversaries although I'd imagine Iran's efforts are going to force them to up their game. Again what Iran just demonstrated is 25+ year old capabilities for us. Iraq attempted to fight back when the 2nd Gulf war began but the eyes in the sky which includes drones and the long range armaments which included stealth platforms absolutely devastated them.

We haven't been static since then.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I agree as to a new drone arms race.

The movie "Barb Wire" painted the picture for us all back in 1996 as to where weaponized drones would go taken to the logical conclusion.

If in doubt see what happened to Charlie Kopetski.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think the most important thing to remember is the 2 world wars were started by western nations then dragged the rest of the world into the conflicts. But the difference between now and then is the vast majority of western people are more educated and informed about world situations and can make their own minds up about joining any armed conflict. So you only have standing forces that have to go when they are ordered, but world wars need vastly more men and materials and I don't think modern man will fall for the "they are our enemies" BS. only if, only if your own country is being invaded. Notice I said invaded not some BS about some foreign country/agent that is threatening your country ie. Bin Laden. Actual invasion.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
WWII had giants of the sea too but they were practically useless since their was so many cheap ways to hold them back and nobody wants to lose a huge investment which is often intrinsically linked with national pride..

Ah yes, that was an intermediate stage when battleships were made obsolete by aircraft carriers.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:55 AM
link   

And now swarm attack hypersonic missiles are making the aircraft carriers nothing more than a massive target.

"War never changes".

It simply evolves as we discover new and interesting ways to destroy one anothers toys from afar.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I know this is a strange thought. After all ATS is a conspiracy website. I've been predicting a war in mid to late 2024 for quite awhile now. Here is why.

TPTB easily control Biden through Jill and his handlers, as we have witnessed on many occasions. He can't function without his written instructions in hand or without a nearby handler to tell him which direction to walk in. TPTB love him because they ARE him. They have been dismantling the US with regulations that are economy destroying. Encouraging crime through defund the police to dismantle the safety of the nation and get people to cry for greater government control over their daily lives. Encouraging the destruction of the family by encouraging lifestyles that preclude having biological children, destroying families destroys the fabric of nations. Etc.

TPTB hate Trump because they can't control him. FYI: I was hoping for Scott, then Hailey

I have been saying that TPTB will do anything to make sure Biden wins.

I have said repeatedly on ATS a war will start before the election if things don't look good for Biden's reelection.

It looks like my predictions may be coming true.

A war time US President has NEVER failed to be reelected. The last ditch hope of the Democrat Party is a war just before the election.

They may be nervous that the ballots are being watched too closely this year after several elections in a row have cried stolen elections. Hillary said her election was stolen. Trump too. So now there is closer scrutiny than ever on the ballot box.

A war, even a minor one may happen just to keep the secret cabal controlling Biden in power.

Well, to be expected, I've been saying this for a long time now.

As for drones, well a drone war has fewer casualties. So more acceptable to TPTB in this day and age of birth replacement rates plummeting to keep the worker bees for TPTB alive.
edit on 4/14/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: format

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Yep. Aircraft carriers, submersibles and smarter armaments on both aircraft and vessels.

A similar story ran out on the land when it comes to tanks too which has been shown in a very classic way in Ukraine. A £150.000 Javelin destroying a £4.000.000 tank isn't really a contest especially when you count in the prerequisite training for both platforms.

Drones and AI are only going to accelerate that ethos which is "an idiot can operate this sophisticated piece of weaponry".

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

"A scrimmage in a Border Station— A canter down some dark defile—
Two thousand pounds of education drops to a ten-rupee jezail" (Kipling)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I agree as to a new drone arms race.

The movie "Barb Wire" painted the picture for us all back in 1996 as to where weaponized drones would go taken to the logical conclusion.

If in doubt see what happened to Charlie Kopetski.

Cant say I remembered anything about drones in that...musta been distracted by summat else

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

I honestly don't think the scientists developing the weapons or the soldiers using them are going to care too much about US politics.

Iran said "Stay away USA" not "we wouldn't have anything to do if you didn't exist with your puppet strings" do you honestly think the world just goes to bed when the good ol' USA ain't around?

Anyway, I don't want to drag the thread off topic.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie
The last ditch hope of the Democrat Party is a war just before the election.

Naaah. I think they'll go old school. Just knock Trump off so he can't win if he's dead. It's cheaper and a more sure and effective method of winning.

edit on 4/14/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Aye Barbs Blimps.

A smart drone/grenade followed him back to his fox hole which he says he obviously did not dig deep enough.

Just something that stuck in my nut and seemed relevant given the direction in which drone warfare is headed.
edit on 14-4-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SprocketUK

Aye Barbs Blimps.

A smart drone/grenade followed him back to his fox hole which he says he obviously did not dig deep enough.

Just something that stuck in my nut and seemed relevant given the direction in which drone warfare is headed.

Thats a band name right there! haha

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Like 1936?

Sure if you compare the treatment of Jews in Germany in the 30's to the treatment of Palestinians in Israel for the last 70 years.

Trying to draw lines between what Iran is currently doing to Israel to what the Nazi did to the Jews won't make much sense to anyone who actually studied history. As Israel much like Germany in the 30's are the aggressors here. Not the other way around.

edit on 14-4-2024 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980
If you look carefully, you will see that my analogy is not taking sides. The similarity is based on the fact that proxy wars are taking place, leading to the possibility that similar situations might have similar outcomes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join