It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V the miniseries and it’s relevance to where we are now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I have just watched v the miniseries, and I am blown away in the writing of this show.

Kenneth Johnson has clearly pointed out in 1983 that an initially a peaceful force has gained the trust of the population and lulled us into a false sense of security.

Then little bits of information leaks out, and an uprising begins and the now invasive force, starts the media manipulation, and discrediting scientists who speak out against the visitors, are now publicly discredited.

They start manipulating the media.

The visitors then offer to initiate Marshall law and the start restricting movements, and controlling access to the basics of using the phone.

Blacking out of media coverage, taking over businesses to produce the gas they need.

This seems mildly familiar to recent events and how everything is stage managed to suit an agenda.

This is well written and shows the strength of humanity against invasive forces.

I just am putting this out there to say the writing has always on the wall, and we keep falling for it.

It’s getting worse the controlled contrived script in real life is being pushed so heavily, and so many people can’t see it.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

you used the wrong word,

that an initially a peaceful force has gained the trust of the population and lulled us into a false sense of security.

you wrote peaceful, when you should have used deceitful. cause their intent from the get go was malicious wanting to take over, and being peaceful and offering help was to lull the ignorant into accepting and eventually giving control over, so everybody would want to eat rats.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   
There's always hope and resistance fighters against the forces of Tyrrany.

Fifth Column.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Would you recommend the newer miniseries or the original one?

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Apologies I did. Sadly we are becoming too submissive and people are too wrappedvupminntheir lives to see the big picture, and be distracted by Tok tik and social media.

It’s all fake, like those crap Ufo videos people on Facebook take as real.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I grew up in the mid seventies, and the original series had me intrigued, it was gritty, great acting, and raw. Characters still had memories of ww2 and were more believable.

The newer series looks to pretty, and the resistance were not really believable.

I like the 80 series more.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick
a reply to: 19Bones79

I grew up in the mid seventies, and the original series had me intrigued, it was gritty, great acting, and raw. Characters still had memories of ww2 and were more believable.

The newer series looks to pretty, and the resistance were not really believable.

I like the 80 series more.

I agree.
The 80’s one was so good when I was a kid.
Better overall but the special effects certainly didn’t age well. It’s almost comical. 🤣
Ymmv

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I saw only bits and pieces of the new series, we prefer the original and have it on DVD.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I remember thinking "How on earth did they get this on the air?"
Even more so with recent version.
Predictive programming at it's best.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So who is using the script the most and with detail? 😃

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I like the roddy Piper movie They Live or Alien Nation with James Caan...Seems similar to V Mini series...

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

The special effects weren’t the best though the story made up for it.

Though there are some great episodes of knight rider, one episode was about a massive paedophile ring. Big topic for a kids tv show.

MASH IS AWESIME, talked about ptsd, mental health before it was openly about.

Look at the drivel we have now.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

The special effects weren’t the best though the story made up for it.

Though there are some great episodes of knight rider, one episode was about a massive paedophile ring. Big topic for a kids tv show.

MASH IS AWESIME, talked about ptsd, mental health before it was openly about.

Look at the drivel we have now.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Drugstorecowboy56

They live was awesome, haven’t seen alien nation in years, you sparked my interest.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Drugstorecowboy56

THEY LIVE is a classic! We have that one too.

I never got to see Alien Nation proper, though I am familiar with the overall premise.

District 9 was good, as was Enemy Mine.

Last Starfighter comes to mind as well.
edit on 4/11/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:50 PM
link   

What really suprises me about the V series is UK television which replays everything to death never showed those series ever after they run back in the day on normal television .

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Weird I was just thinking about Enemy mine yesterday as I have not seen that film in decades

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

What really suprises me about the V series is UK television which replays everything to death never showed those series ever after they run back in the day on normal television .

that might be because lots of folks in the UK think the royals are a of bunch reptilians, and that would hit to close to home.

edit on 11-4-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

that might be because lots of folks in the UK think the royals are a of bunch reptilians, and that would hit to close to home.

We had a puppet show called spitting image back in the 80s and 90s and they slaughtered the royals and government figures big TIME
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Well worth watching some old shows on YouTube

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Maybe it’s too close to home truths.

<<   2 >>

join