It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened The Last Time Two Eclipses Formed A Giant X Over New Madrid Fault Zone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: watchitburn
That's an interesting coincidence, but I'm not sure how it would influence plate tectonics.

I was thinking more supernatural than natural plate tectonnics.
But I'm always looking for omens so ...
Omens are found on dvd & blu ray available online.
There is an event every month here on earth .
Is the Taiwan earthquake a result of the pre-eclipse ?
Looking to the moons , planets & stars to predict the future is primitive thought that is good for a laugh , but no one of sound mind would pay any attention to it .
Astrology is for crazy cat ladies who have tarot reading channels on YouTube.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
a reply to: FlyersFan

My money is on the Yellowstone super volcano going nuclear.
The Yellowstone super volcano is a man made super weapon that our government built during the Hoover Dam construction as cover .
Secretly Bechtel built the super volcano at night so few could see what was going on .
Biden became president, because the Democrats have the eruption code & Trump is trying to get that code .
There is also a secret sequence of events that could trigger the Yellowstone volcano. If 7 trains derail in a month , 3 bridges hit by ships in a month , three fires started by space lasers & any eclipse.
Things look very doomish , but you know this already .
Thats my theory

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 09:38 PM
link   
There is a thousand more things we do not know yet than we know now. There could possibly be some relevance to this, but I do not know if there is.

I guess we will see shortly, better than waiting ten years to get an answer to this. I may be dead in ten years, who knows...again I can not say I know or do not know if I will be alive tomorrow yet along in ten years.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Well, there was a very large earthquake in Taiwan today. Magnitude 7.5.

Maybe a precursor of things to come.

It's going to be an interesting few days until April 8th, that's for sure.

Luckily, I'm well stocked with food, beer, popcorn, good music and a very good generator.

Nothing out of the ordinary, just the usual for me.

I do need a good chair to put out on my deck though. The one I have there now sucks. It was a housewarming gift.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 02:44 AM
link   
History doesn’t repeat itself but it Does rhyme.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Accordingtomathematics

History doesn’t repeat itself but it Does rhyme.

That's a great Mark Twain quote.

I think the actual quote is "History doesn’t repeat itself but it often rhymes".

often/does - same difference anyway.

I'm a huge fan of his.

Well done for your first post!

edit on 4/4/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well, might as well add my 2 cents about the eclipse and the Apocalypse.

As pointed out in the thread the 2017 eclipse along with the 2024 one makes a X across the US. So let me point out the prophecy in the book of Daniel about the nation that looked Greek to him that gets broken 4 ways at the start of the end times of Daniel.

Important note. While the prophesies of Daniel supposedly were fulfilled back in the BC era there's a problem. Bible prophesies can repeat. Also Daniel's prophesies also come with the caveat that they are end time prophesies. What happened in the BC era wasn't the end times. So how were the prophesies fulfilled?

Moving on. Anyway the prophesies of Daniel 8 and 11 put together gives us 5 events that happen just before the 7 year agreement of Daniel 9. Specifically these.

1. A country that looks Greek to Daniel is attacked by 4 nations/kings from the middle east.
2. 3. and 4. Said country that looked Greek counterattacks and conquers 3 nations in the middle east.
5. Then that country is broken 4 ways. Which then becomes part of the kingdom of the north of Daniel 11. And begats the "little horn". Who is the Anti Christ of the Bible.

So I propose that the eclipses are a sign of the impending US breakup. Which will happen in the next year roughly after the impending destruction of Iran.
edit on 4/4/2024 by ntech620 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech620
Which will happen in the next year roughly after the impending destruction of Iran.

I don't see why Iran wants nuclear weapons so bad. Israel isn't going to let that go unnoticed.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 09:10 PM
link   

New Madrid has a relatively long inactivity period. But the motion and compressive stresses that cause intraplate quakes aren't as tuned to stress in any one specific fault.

The faults responsible for the NMSZ are embedded in a subsurface geological feature known as the Reelfoot Rift, which likely formed during the Cambrian Period. The Reelfoot Rift was first described by Ervin and McGinnis (1975) and believed to be of late Precambrian age. The rift failed to split the North American continent, but it has remained as an aulacogen (a scar or zone of weakness) deep underground.

This relative weakness is important, because it would allow the relatively small east–west compressive forces associated with the continuing westward continental drift of the North American Plate to reactivate old faults around New Madrid, making the area unusually prone to earthquakes in spite of it being far from the nearest tectonic plate boundary.

Basically, the plate drags along the mantle, building up stress released through weak spots. Always equally as likely.

At any point in time, there is always a 10% chance of a 7.0-8.0 in the next 50 years.
edit on 4-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

That's an interesting coincidence, but I'm not sure how it would influence plate tectonics.

Maybe through the earth's magnetic field? But do eclipses effect the magnetic field?

Umm, no. Can you explain the physical mechanisms you think might cause the magnetic field to affect tectonic activity and also why an eclipse might have an impact on the magnetic field?

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: McUrnsalso

May be I'm not thinking right but surely solar eclipses are going to follow an arc, with the moon and the sun following the same directional path...

I'm kind of thinking that it would be impossible to form an 'X'. If it did, we'd all be in some serious doo doo...

Well the Earth wobbles for one thing. That wobble gives us the Equinoxes and Solstices. That is what is happening.

Umm, no! The wobble causes precession which leads to changes in the projection of the earth's rotation axis on the sky. It causes the pole star to change over millennia. The period is about 30,000 years. Astrologers marked major periods by the position of the sun at the vernal equinox in teh zodiac. Historically it was called the "first point of Aries" but moved into Pisces a couple of thousand years ago and that led to christians using the fish as a symbol. When the Fifth Dimension sang about the "dawning of the age of Aquarius" in the 1960s it was a reference to the vernal equinox moving into Aquarius but the timing was not accurate.

The equinoxes and solstices are caused by the tilt of the earth's axis relative to the ecliptic which is the plane of the solar system.
edit on 5-4-2024 by liberalskeptic because: (no reason given)

(post by liberalskeptic removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Do people even realize that solar eclipses happen 2 to 5 times every year around the world?

Ever thought about pulling the data from any of those eclipses to see if they caused any crazy events?

Or is it an American thing? That because it's happening in America, it must be this grandiose world changing event.

Ignorance and eclipses go hand in hand.
Read up on how Columbus fooled native Jamaicans into thinking God was angry during a lunar eclipse.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link