It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the surprise of no one, Oregon recriminalizes drugs. Opinions?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Absolutely shoshanna many of us struggle. And your so right that your problems in black hole of addictions do not matter in the slightest, your only concern in that state is how to stay high, because the untrained mind cannot handle the stress of being sober and the realization of one’s problems becomes to much to bare.

There are many ways out of addiction but I found confiding in and helping fellow addicts through the AA and NA programmes to be quite helpful and enlightening. It’s a bit culty sure I admit that but the blanks are yours to fill in terms of higher power.

Through no small amount of self determination, the love of my family and being given the tools needed through rehabilitation and NA I’ve come to live and even love my sober life.

I’ve seen much if not most of the various forms of human suffering through substance abuse and am very thankful to have freed myself and my family from its influence.

a reply to: Shoshanna

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is pretty much progressivism in a nutshell.

Have an idea based entirely on feelings.

Don't give even 3 seconds of rational thought to the real-world consequences.

Falsely cry that anyone who doesn't endorse your harebrained idea is some kind of bigot. Bonus points if multiple types of bigotry can be falsely accused.

Implement idea.

Fail.

Blame others.

Repeat in 15-20 years when people have forgotten how bad it was last time.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I still think decriminalization should be the way to go. And police should just take away drugs if found.

It would save us billions in court costs and prison costs to tax payers. That could then be used if someone had addiction problems.

There's some more insight here into some of the issues Oregon faced.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
They realized their voter base was OD'ing or going to prison...they were losing votes.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So create a bunch of addicts that could get drugs legally and use at will , Not going to go well more crime more arrest more death . No way their legal system will be able to cope .

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
I still think decriminalization should be the way to go. And police should just take away drugs if found.

It would save us billions in court costs and prison costs to tax payers.

You can make the same argument to decriminalize anything. Keeping the peace is one of the few things the government is actually responsible for. I'm fine with my tax dollars going to that.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It would save us billions in court costs and prison costs to tax payers. That could then be used if someone had addiction problems.

www.usatoday.com...

Molly is still illegal in NY.

My neighbor ODs twice a month...at least.

Sometimes the same day.

And there is nothing they can do except save her everytime. She cant be charged with possesion when she ODs.

She is just 1 person in a town of 50,000. where there are at least 100 OD deaths a month and 1000s of doses of narcan used and charged to the taxpayer.

Neither option is good.

But at least in jail, the EMTs are not going to her house all the time.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boogerpicker
a reply to: xuenchen

Criminalized crimes huh? Sounds like breaking the law with extra steps.

. . . and bigger checklists 😁

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

Whatabout the new victims injured and killed? 😃 Who pays for all that (as long as you seem to be prioritizing "costs")? 😁

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Everything they do is for more tax dollars. They will now need more money for more processing and jail space, more treatment and personnel for the massive amount of people they will now be 'helping'. This doesn't include the fines, confiscation and such that will also stuff their coffers.

As much as I miss Oregon, I'm so glad I moved away 14 years ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of how the state I moved to would massively increase their loyalty to the left. Sigh.

Oregon was doing not too bad until the mid to late 80's when the whole damn Silicone Valley decided to uproot from California and invade the beautiful redneck state of Oregon.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The only reason Oregon is doing this is because it hurts politicians.

Housing is insane, businesses are leaving so the tax base has bottomed out.

Yeah, I live in Oregon.

It's a shame.

I was on a business trip out west and my wife and kids flew out to meet me in San Francisco and we drove up the coast on route 1 (mostly) to Seattle. We took our time and stopped a few times along the way. I remember Oregon being a really nice state. We stayed overnight in Portland and it was OK.

Mt Hood was excellent and the Columbia River was amazing. Beautiful country.

It was saddening to see what it turned into years afterwards...

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:03 PM
link   
No one would have cared if the druggies stayed home and cooked their brains there.

But they were out on the street driving around, robbing and burglarizing to feed their addiction, and ending up homeless living in tents on the sidewalk.

Private action became a public problem.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

www.usatoday.com...

Molly is still illegal in NY.

My neighbor ODs twice a month...at least.

Sometimes the same day.

And there is nothing they can do except save her everytime. She cant be charged with possesion when she ODs.

She is just 1 person in a town of 50,000. where there are at least 100 OD deaths a month and 1000s of doses of narcan used and charged to the taxpayer.

Neither option is good.

But at least in jail, the EMTs are not going to her house all the time.

Some places are cursed, like Detroit with Le Nain Rouge, it could have destroyed me if I hadn't left. I'm out here in the real Michigan that is just as harsh but far more harmonious and aligned with natural laws. Go back to the land you came from, you will be returning there in the end anyway. Don't get me wrong, meth and alcohol are big problems for many here in God's land, but those are the ones who stopped listening to the land, or maybe never heard it speaking.
edit on 4/2/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dave5426
No one would have cared if the druggies stayed home and cooked their brains there.

But they were out on the street driving around, robbing and burglarizing to feed their addiction, and ending up homeless living in tents on the sidewalk.

Private action became a public problem.

Creating new crimes and new victims and new expenses. 😬

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I always Thought Drug Legalization was all about Creating Addictive People who would then Die Faster and Reduce the Worlds Population . Is that Not a " Thing " Anymore ? ....Hmm....

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

And that does not fix the issue. Because when she gets out she'll do it again.

Ya need some sort of medical intervention. Jail and just tossing her back on the street fixes nothing.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Again. Take the money that you would use for incarceration and do rehabilitation.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BduardErnstein

originally posted by: watchitburn

Just another example of how democrat policies fail every time because they are destructive to civilization.
oig.justice.gov...
Here is what Ronald Reagan did to America’s ghettos in the 80s
Reagan & the CIA sold cocayne to black gamg leaders nationwide to fund illegal off the books wars. Was Reagan a democrat ?
I thought only democrats destroy society with their drug policies ?

The GOP are useless cucks, they've been beholden to the IC since Kennedy was offed. I don't like them, and never have.

And who do you think was running that crack stuff?
Reagan, or his VP Bush who was a former CIA Director?

I'm not a republican, I'm an anti-communist. And the left has gone full commie.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I always Thought Drug Legalization was all about Creating Addictive People who would then Die Faster and Reduce the Worlds Population . Is that Not a " Thing " Anymore ? ....Hmm....

Good Point.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join