It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory regarding the strangeness surrounding the April 8 eclipse...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

But, hey, when the talking heads in the box tell you to go, you'd better just shut up and obey.

Right?

Seems the general population is getting stupider and stupider by the day.

:
edit on 2024 3 30 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 11:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The schools are closing because some little kid is going to look at the sun.

The school districts do not want liability.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Schools are closing because some school boards don't want to deal wirh the kids all staring up at the sky getting flash burns / snow blinded.

Stocking up on food is for the areas that will see the full totality of the elispse and local, social, and mass media have advertised it as such.

Here in Southern Ontario the niagara falls region is a prime hot spot to witness the totality, the region already gets large number of tourists to begin with and they predict over a million visitors to the region just for that one day alone. So they've warned residents there to stock up on food for a day or two and juat not bother going out because it'll be crazy with traffic and such, I live in that region and I'm going to be booking the day off to avoid the traffic. I KNOW it'll be crazy, because even during regular tourist season traffic is nuts.
edit on 31-3-2024 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I heard somewhere that the last time a solar eclipse occurred alongside a comet passing there was a large earthquake.
Since this path of this eclipse travels the San Madrid fault line this may be why the National Guard will be on standby in some areas.

Found a link:

The Great Comet - San Madrid 1811-1812

The great comet of 1811 was first spotted in March of 1811 and its intensity increased through December 1811. Some recordings show it had a tail 25 degrees long and a head 50% larger than the sun. It's intensity was brightest on Oct, 1811; it faded away by April, 1812. This comet was the most visible celestrial sight that occurred in 2000 years. Like other great comets, it was a cause of great concern. Adding to their fears was the fact that in September of the same year, there was a total eclipse of the sun that moved across the tri-state lands, including the New Madrid region.​

edit on 31-3-2024 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Wykydtronn

The path of totality is closer to the center of the US, so because of the location, there may be more people traveling to these events?

I live in an area of NY that will be at 97% totality around 3:25pm on 4/8.

There are 3 major highways near me that I'm sure will be clogged with eclipse gawkers and other vermin.

Since my birthday is only a few days after this, I plan on getting hammered and sitting outside on my deck with a few friends and some good eclipse music.

Any thoughts on the music to play, ATS?

Maybe some Pink Floyd or Tom Petty or Iron Maiden or Soundgarden as they all have songs that reference an eclipse?

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat
a reply to: Wykydtronn

The path of totality is closer to the center of the US, so because of the location, there may be more people traveling to these events?

I live in an area of NY that will be at 97% totality around 3:25pm on 4/8.

If you're that close, it would be pretty easy for you to go see totality. A lot of people think "oh 97% is close enough" but really 97% doesn't look much different than 80%. The difference between 97% and total is enormous though. It's quite a sight.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

I live in western New York and they have closed down every school in the county as well as declared a state of emergency. They're saying more people will travel to our neck of the woods than ever in the history of tourism. I don't know how it's playing out elsewhere but they're prepping us here to be ready for pandemonium. I have an Airbnb booked and am heading to the hills. I also plan on looking directly at the eclipse, naked.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not their problem anymore. That's the point.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Maybe a Major Solar Flare During or Directly after the Eclipse.
Maybe an Alien Invasion etc on and on guess we will find out on the 8th.

a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus
This is simply their cover to implement the rest of the plan that
will send the world into complete and total domination.

The world is more than just the US.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

This may come as a bit of a shock for some.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Astrocometus
This is simply their cover to implement the rest of the plan that
will send the world into complete and total domination.

The world is more than just the US.

And the eclipse will cover more than the US.

But it will travel from TX to ME and cut a cool swath along the way.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Have you been asleep. Hamas has repeatedly said they would attack thw US during the eclipse. Not strange thing a viable threat....a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My mom called me today. Apparently all the old folks are scaring each other shirtless about something called Three Days of Darkness. She called me because in my family I am the nutty one so she thought I might have an idea about what it is.

I looked for it on Youtube, and found a large number of insane videos about the topic. Too nutty, even for me.

Bing search for "Three Days of Darkness"

The "Three Days of Darkness" is a prophecy that has captivated the imaginations of many Catholics throughout history. According to this prophecy, the world will experience three days of complete darkness, during which time demons will roam the earth and the faithful will be called upon to endure great suffering and trials123. The prophecy is attributed to the Italian mystic Bl. Anna Maria Taigi2. The three days of darkness will be on a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and the earth will be covered in darkness and hell will be loosed on earth3.

Told her not to worry. The eclipse is perfectly normal and in the Northern Hemisphere anyway.
edit on stpSun, 31 Mar 2024 15:09:15 -05000933b2024k by Springbok because: removed word

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

True, but it only covers the North American subcontinent, and I was commenting the "plan that will send the world into complete and total domination".

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kvia2023

Do you have a source for that?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 08:20 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of religious ties to this eclipse. Some believe as this Eclipse passes through 8 cities named Nineveh this is America's Last Chance to Repent. The path goes through Glenn Rose, Tx. A place 5 Red Heifers were collected and sent to Israel for Sacrifice. Some think the October 7th attacks were to prevent this. I believe they have until Passover to complete the Sacrifice this Year. a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Schools are closed all over Ohio in the path.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join