It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Reparations Lobbyists Call on White Churches to Pay Billions To Build Low Income Housing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone think it's possible that quite a few of the slaves were eaten for food during the end of the Civil war?

Especially when their owners lost all reason to protect them anymore?

It's possible they were replaced by Africans who wanted to live in a comparatively wealthy country with room and free land. There's oppression everywhere, not just America.

edit on 25-3-2024 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   
How come they never ask other black people for reparations?

If I'm not mistaken African tribes had a big part in supplying slaves to the trade. And weren't there at least a handful of black slave owners?

I'm being rhetorical because the whole thing is silly.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enduro
How many people died fighting to free slaves? I’d say sorry no reparations , blood paid that debt in full.

We are living in a country partially built on slave profits.

Export tariffs formed a large part of the federal budget before income tax and the South was a large exporter.

I have read somewhere they gave the country a trade surplus it would not have otherwise had but I can't find a reference recently.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Reparations is dumb and here's why. Black people owned slaves. Yes. Black people even owned white indentured servents. Yes even in America during the times of slavery in America and they even bought slaves themselves and actually in the middle east and Africa itself the slave trade was pretty hot going all the way back before America even existed to antiquity if you don't believe me Google it.

So how do we determine which black people actually should get reparations since the long history of slavery includes black people as slave masters?

Yes a much smaller amount than white slave owners but still a relevant number.

The whole idea of reparations is just more race based division tactics from the controllers.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It is my opinion, government intelligence plants get these motions started for the sole purpose of keeping the population divided.

To answer your question, should the churches pony up the money? Hell naw.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
A Boston Task Force is trying to shake down 'white churches' in Boston for billions of dollars, telling them to 'atone' for slavery and pump $15 Billion into the black communities. Specifically they are calling for these 'white churches' to give $5 billion of cash payments to Boston’s black residents simply for being black, and $5 billion to invest in new 'black' financial institutions, which of course are segregationist and racist.

NY Post - Boston Reparations Lobbyists Call on White Churches to Pay Billions To Build Low Income Housing

The Boston Task Force on Reparations called on “white churches” to step up and pay the black community back for racial inequities that root back to the trans-Atlantic slave trade, according to reports. The Boston Globe reported that black and white clergy members met in Roxbury for a press conference intended to be held outside, though it was instead held in the basement of the Resurrection Lutheran Church on Saturday because of rain.

In February, the Boston activists called for the city to “fully commit to writing checks” and for a $15 billion payout since the city’s wealth was built on slavery. “We call sincerely and with a heart filled with faith and Christian love for our white churches to join us and not be silent around this issue of racism and slavery and commit to reparations,” Rev. Kevin Peterson said.

“We point to them in Christian love to publicly atone for the sins of slavery and we ask them to publicly commit to a process of reparations where they will extend their great wealth — tens of millions of dollars among some of those churches — into the black community,” said Peterson.
Specifically, in a letter obtained by the Globe, the group calls on churches to provide cash payments while also helping to create affordable housing and back new financial institutions “in black Boston.”

One form of payment would be $5 billion of cash payments to Boston’s black residents, another would be $5 billion to invest in new financial institutions, and the remaining $5 billion would go toward addressing the racial disparities in education and anti-crime measures. The amount is more than three times the annual budget in Boston, which was set at $4.28 billion for fiscal year 2024.

So ... should these 'white churches' in Boston suck $15 Billion from their 'white' congregations and hand it over to black people because they are black, and hand it over to the black people so they can run their own separate financial institutions? Slavery ended 160 years ago. No one today is wealthy because of it. No one today was a slave, nor their parents, nor their grandparents, nor their great grandparents most likely. In 1860, 76% of the country did not own slaves, and half the country sent people to war to fight against slavery, many giving their lives. Those that did own slaves lost their wealth in the civil war. Many of the people alive today in the United States didn't even have ancestors who were in this country back then.

There is no reason for any so called 'reparations', let alone shaking down 'white churches' to get their congregations to hand over money to black people simply because they are black. There are plenty of tax payer funded programs in this country for poor people and people of color to help them. They also have to want to help themselves.

reparations (plural noun)
the making of amends for a wrong one has done, by paying money to or otherwise helping those who have been wronged:
"the courts required a convicted offender to make financial reparation to his victim"

Well, I have some collecting to do ... not from a white, or black church either ... I shall call them "personal reparations", as well as from religion in general.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Why don't they just demand the money from the Democrats? They were the party of slavery in the civil war, and they were the KKK afterwards.

Seems more logical than a bunch of churches.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Nope. Purely a 'divide and conquer' tactic, pushed by those in power.
Absolutely disgusting.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Boston Activists Pushing White Churches to Pay Reparations is Absurd, says South Side Chicago Pastor

Activist leaders in Boston demanding "White churches" pay reparations to the city's Black community "is really absurd," said a pastor from the South Side of Chicago.

"They're playing on people's guilt and shame and trying to shame them into doing something, trying to guilt them into doing something," Pastor Corey Brooks told Fox News. "I don't want anybody doing anything for me out of shame and out of guilt."

Brooks said he has always opposed the idea of reparations entirely, but for church leaders to ask other Christians to pay reparations around the Easter holiday "is really absurd."

"As Christians, we're taught to believe that we're one. We're not Black and White," Brooks told Fox News. "So here we are, when we're supposed to be celebrating oneness and coming together in unity, and now we're looking at our brothers and sisters and saying to them, ‘You owe us. We're victims.’"

"That type of mindset, that type of theology, that type of idea only takes us backwards," he added. "It never takes us forward, and it’s very contradictory to what the Bible says."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join