It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been training for the propaganda mill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Droll, but expected.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

Well, I've been on ATS since the 1990's (?). At least well before 9/11.

And I have seen, and lamented, the transformation (or, perhaps, "de-evolution" would be a more accurate term) of the site from a truly unique forum for discussion of the weird and wonderful to an echo chamber filled with scared (and scarred) souls desperately trying to cling to a world that never really existed. It has been a sad, but instructive tenure, to be sure.

Call me a "shill" if you will, but I have come to regard ATS as a passable "window" into the fears and insecurities of a mindset that seems most comfortable (if that is the word) cowering in the deepest shadows of the dark cave from which the rest of humanity has long emerged into the promise of the vast world beyond.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

I couldn't resist.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Ummm...all true...and obvious...

I was speaking more to the Neo-cons...and progressives that have infested the GOP...from a governmental standpoint...

As far as the rest of my comment...it was more directed at those who avow disdain...for the media....and...the three letters...and...the Biden administration...yet continually use those same...ahem...resources...to back their arguments...
all while professing said disdain...from the other side of their faces...

Not being a herd animal...or in the military any longer...I abhor any form of lockstep...march...

I suppose that's why I clash so often with those I normally agree with politically...here...and yet find common ground with some of the leftward leaning members...when logic dictates...

I generally try to avoid...emoting...issues in the political realm...and in the force projection realm...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Well, I've been on ATS since the 1990's (?). At least well before 9/11.

Call me a "shill" if you will, but I have come to regard ATS as a passable "window" into the fears and insecurities of a mindset that seems most comfortable (if that is the word) cowering in the deepest shadows of the dark cave from which the rest of humanity has long emerged into the promise of the vast world beyond.

Ummm...Bwahahaha...tell me you don't actually believe that nonsense you just hyped/typed...?

One might ask...to whom do you refer...which group...or Nation...or Tribe...has...ahem..."Long emerged into the promise of the vast world beyond"...?

Please do enlighten us...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Cultivating one's reading comprehension skills can reap many and great rewards. Give it a try.

I commented on a particular "mindset" in my post; not a group, or Nation, or Tribe.

In fact, the thrust of the paragraph you have referenced speaks to the position that a certain subset of our species seems willfully resistant to any form of "enlightenment". Your response, in that context, seems to be something of what I believe is called a "Self-Own".

edit on 20-3-2024 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie

Anyway, I think ATS has been a training ground for government agencies. Teaching students how to psychologically combat conservatism, American values/morals, and patriotism. If you notice it seems young angry liberals come and go quite regularly, lasting anywhere from around 6 months to one year. They rarely stick around much longer. This is a training cycle for psyops for many governmental organizations, including foreign.

If this is true...and I am not doubting you...the angry leftist "students" who come here to learn how to fight conservatism....are consistently idiots and all deserve failing grades.

I haven't been impressed by a leftist here in over a decade.

Ph__e was sometimes so... IMO... he sure was a shill against true Science despite the love for his supposed skill set.

In the beginning with the science threads...interesting.
Towards the end, a sad lost sheep, baying faulty tired leftist talking points.

I took him down so many times...it got boring.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Ummm...sooo...you can't back your claim that you're part of the..."self owned"...enlightened mindset that..."long emerged into the promise of the vast world beyond"...?

You were the one that made the distinction...

Also...a mindset...doth require a mind...and any that claim...their mindset...is above the rest of the herd...enlightened even...

Merely thinks they cast pearls before swine...when in fact they reside in the same sty...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Ahhhh, the usual mightier than thou speech from Yousir.
If it was owned by an agency, listening to you is proberbly the reason why they can't be bothered with it anymore.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Ahhhh, the usual mightier than thou speech from Yousir.
If it was owned by an agency, listening to you is proberbly the reason why they can't be bothered with it anymore.

Ummm...Ahhhh...the reading comprehension thing again...

Had you comprehended...you would have understood that the premise of the post you responded to was stating that no one was any mightier...than any other...that we all exist and struggle in the same vein...

Or is that vane...?

The post I responded to was alluding that the mindset of some was better...er...and the further allusion by extension that the minds owning the mindset were also...better...er...

So...there is that...

YouSir
edit on 20-3-2024 by YouSir because: elipses always come in...three's...

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Anyway, I think ATS has been a training ground for government agencies.

Sorry, but I don't buy it.
If after the 3 amigos sold ATS and it was bought by an 'agency' then they'd want to keep it going, ATS generally has a broad spectrum of members and would be a perfect dip of the toe for someone learning about social media (and it's ebs and flows) before taking the 'full' plundge, but otherwise ATS is really tiny.
Why shut it down after just a year of ownwership?

Who doesn't believe that the government has been monitoring online forums/discussion boards from the "get go"?

ATS is just one of thousands.

I would have taken the OP more seriously if he/she didn't turn it into a Liberal Bash. And apparently anti-Jesus to boot.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I remember a time when it wasn’t expected that some one fall under left or right here. When everything wasn’t expected to get distilled into the American spectrum of politics school of thought.

I don’t see what either party has done for everyone in recent past. Aside from their verbal platform, their actual ones seem incredibly similar.

This culture war BS just has people at each others throats while the normal citizen continues to get priced out through inflation and death by a thousand cuts in losing freedoms.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Too many people have been here for far too long.....we'd know if it was being used in such a fashion.

That's not to say there haven't been coordinated campaigns over the years by various groups or organisations.

The majority of long term members are just a disparate bunch of people talking bollocks to each other because we enjoy it.
I suspect most people think we are strange.....I don't know and I don't really care.

I like ATS and I'll stay here as long as The Mods let me and/or it goes dark.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
There are several members who NEVER EVER tout anything different than the official government issued narrative. These people often stay and converse MUCH longer then other posters and ALWAYS insist on getting the last word or comment. They even comment on threads years old just so they can have the final wording on the argument.

These posters GLOW. An old boomer, a sheepish fellow, the lord of lies, and a super pro trans granny for starters

IF they are reading this thread they WILL chime in and let us get a fresh taste of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

If after the 3 amigos sold ATS and it was bought by an 'agency' then they'd want to keep it going, ATS generally has a broad spectrum of members and would be a perfect dip of the toe for someone learning about social media (and it's ebs and flows) before taking the 'full' plundge, but otherwise ATS is really tiny.

may i share a seat on this Lifeboat....

the only 'Agency' that may have interest would be Chinas' CCP thru Tik Tok...
ATS & 'conservative' members/thread originators are still cogs in-the-Matrix...with slightly different goals than previous aspiring Mods
Tik Tok is in need of keeping their 'secret Algor rhythm' safe from USA agencies and ATS might be the Piñata to hide in !

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Without exception, the flaming leftists still posting here are generally considered to be jokes and simple fodder for fun.

But it sure is funny to see them all too stupid to realize it.

Or too infantile to admit it or change anything.

It’s about 100 % true here.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Who doesn't believe that the government has been monitoring online forums/discussion boards from the "get go"?

I would have taken the OP more seriously if he/she didn't turn it into a Liberal Bash. And apparently anti-Jesus to boot.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh exhibit A.

I love when someone rushes in to prove absolutely whatever outrageous thing has been described.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The article describes Tausk's observations and interpretations of several persecutory delusions that plagued some of his patients who had been diagnosed with schizophrenia. They believed their thoughts and bodily sensations were controlled by a machine that defied their technical comprehension and secretly influenced them from a distance, often claiming that it was operated by a group of people who were persecuting them.

Tausk observes the gradual transformation of an influencing machine in a young female patient's delusions: Initially manifest in the exact form of her own body, the influencing machine became increasingly mechanical until it lost any resemblance to her physique.

The patients often show a remarkable interest in learning about current technology so that they can explain the operation of the influencing machine. Yet, even with the benefit of this understanding, the machine always has a mystical quality beyond explanation.

Tausk: On the Origin of the Influencing Machine in Schizophrenia.

Get it?

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: arcticshuffle

originally posted by: Annee

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh exhibit A.

I love when someone rushes in to prove absolutely whatever outrageous thing has been described.

Not even sure what that means.

How long have you been here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join