It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Boeing bashing by 7 news Australia.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 02:29 AM
link   
7news Australia seen to be on a vendetta they are heavily focused on negative stories on Boeing.

7news.com.au...

A seven year old Boeing! suffered a drop in altitude on its way to New Zealand Auckland.

www.skynews.com.au... rror-midair-moment-which-left-50-injured/news-story/0a86d1640bcbff1b41520bacc9add9d7

Though any flight I take I always wear my seatbelt whilst sitting. Some people head butted the roof, stupid idiots.

Seven years old, who knows if the maintenance is properly carried out and by certified parts manufacturers. Who knows what the culture is at this airline.

Looking at Latams recent safety issues in the past few months, it looks as though blame is being steered towards Boeing.

Safety: www.aeroinside.com...#

Though all these latam have been on airbus aircraft.

Though you can’t blame the maker, it’s hard to get a good mechanic service technician, who does a good job these days.

I don’t trust mechanics to work on my car, I do it myself.

edit on 12-3-2024 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Just amazing really.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick

Though you can’t blame the maker, it’s hard to get a good mechanic service technician, who does a good job these days.

I don’t trust mechanics to work on my car, I do it myself.

Yes, you can and should blame the maker. If there is no accountability, what is the use of having any regulations whatsoever? Good on you for working on your vehicle yourself. But the majority of people haven't the slightest clue on how to change a tire let alone work on more integral parts of an engine or replacing a transmission. I hope you don't have the same forgiving excuse if you were having open heart surgery.

But this article addresses some of the problem.

After two crashes that killed 346 people in 2018 and 2019 and five years of ensuing design changes and regulatory scrutiny, the 737 MAX is grounded again after a mid-air blowout of a fuselage panel on January 5. After loose bolts were discovered on other MAX 9s, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) grounded the planes and opened an investigation into whether MAX is safe to fly, accompanied by a stern warning, saying, “This incident should have never happened, and it cannot happen again.”

Boeing has also experienced repeated problems in design and production with its newest jumbo jet, the 787 Dreamliner. Such frequent, repeated crises point to a deeper issue than isolated engineering mishaps. The underlying cause of these issues is a leadership failure that has allowed cultural drift away from Boeing’s once-vaunted engineering quality.

hbswk.hbs.edu...#:~:text=The%20underlying%20cause%20of%20these,in%20aircraft% 20design%20and%20safety.

When one is responsible for carrying millions of people across the planet, they damn well better be responsible to do it safely.

Regarding the suicided whistle blower, I don't know why anyone is questioning this.

Isn't is normal to shoot yourself dead in a truck in a hotel parking lot?

Boeing whistleblower John Barnett, 62, was found dead in his truck in a hotel parking lot in South Carolina over the weekend.

Barnett blew the whistle on alleged safety problems at the aircraft manufacturing giant and had been giving evidence in a lawsuit against the company in recent days.
www.independent.co.uk...

/sarc
edit on th31202400000031bTue, 12 Mar 2024 05:15:00 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I was holding back on the snark but I'm thinking the U.S. should be sanctioned as whistle blowers clearly aren't safe or protected.

In all seriousness it makes me wonder if "killed himself" also had additional information on more problems at Boeing and was about to go public about those - like in the defense and space sectors. Possibly through other whistle blowers that wanted to stay anonymous.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex
Precisely.

While Boeing is most known for commercial aircraft. They are a huge defense contractor and anything that threatens the MIC will not be tolerated.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Interesting stats on changing a flat or oil on a vehicle.

I was 100% confident that I could change the tire on my GF's vehicle when I got a flat driving it to the store. Holy Crap! That jack with the handle and the way it turned and the gravel road I was on, I was cursing the engineer who designed that stupid thing. I was able to change that tire though. I need to change the oil on my pick-up, that will be easy peasy.

Now, bolts on a commercial aircraft would be something I'd need to look into, but I imagine torque would have a lot to do with it, and perhaps the application of some kind of heavy-duty "Locktight" product to keep nuts from loosening. I should think that problems with loose bolts shouldn't be occurring if they were putting it together properly in the first place.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It almost seems like the Boeing company is under attack. I have to wonder who they ticked off, or if a 'new' company will be coming soon and all of the 'old' Boeing data will somehow be lost in the transfer....

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Boeing is okeing murder at this point. Will avoid them like the plague. Should have just kept up with standards/maintenance instead.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Define the makers fault in this instance. Boeings having issues with both the 787 and the 737ax.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   
These issues seem like maintenance and repair errors.
If it isn’t a manufacturer error and Boeing isn’t doing the maintenance why is Boeing taking such a hit?
Is Airbus behind this?
Is this how Airbus takes a larger market share?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness
Boeing is okeing murder at this point. Will avoid them like the plague. Should have just kept up with standards/maintenance instead.

What about this right here? Some kind of self inflicted wound or something.
GTFO
edit on 12-3-2024 by Astrocometus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Cvastar

Well the door that recently blew off was a from a new aircraft. Thanks to Astrocometus for the link so I didn't have to go looking in my notes.

This follows an incident in early January when an unused emergency exit door blew off a brand-new Boeing 737 Max shortly after take-off from Portland International Airport.

A preliminary report from the US National Transportation Safety Board suggested that four key bolts, designed to hold the door securely in place, were not fitted.

Last week, the FAA said a six-week audit of the company had found "multiple instances where the company allegedly failed to comply with manufacturing quality control requirements".
www.bbc.com...

Simply reading past news items regarding Boeing and it's problems are the nails in their coffin. They can fix this though. Blaming others isn't the answer. Regarding the repairs on older models, it's their responsibility to make sure proper parts and procedures are in place with their contractors. This isn't a toaster. It's plain to see the ball(s) have been dropped at multiple levels. It's Boeings job to ensure their product is safe at every level. If they CAN'T do that in certain instances, they need to supply evidence that justifies blame on other entities. Claims that it isn't Boeing's fault could be very valid. They need to substantiate, that's all.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:55 PM
link   

It's a seven year old plane. You think Boeing has been responsible for every bit of maintenance on that plane in the last seven years? Or that nothing is going to break in that time? Once the plane is delivered maintenance becomes the responsibility of the airline, outside warranty items, or special cases.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You want to blame Boeing for new aircraft problems, absolutely. As they should be. But blaming them for planes that are years old, that they haven't touched since they delivered them, makes absolutely zero sense. The 777 that the wheel fell off on was 22 years old. The wheel failed going by the pictures I saw today. The 737 that the door opened on landing was 22 years old. The aircraft with the engine problem was 15 years old, and the engine had very little to do with Boeing other than them offering the airlines a choice of engine type.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:53 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

BMW/Mini rid the oil dipstick yeats ago. Who the F does that?

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Man I wished this was the case. Look back in the 90’s. Every single airplane crash, the lawyers sued and won against the airplane manufacturers.

Now rarely do airplanes crash. They have to get their squeeze from somewhere.

This thought process hasn’t changed.
edit on 13-3-2024 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well the FAA is finding fault with the manufacturing process and Boeing and Spirit (Aerosystems) failed in 33 of 56 audits.

Citing a document on the findings, the Times added, “the F.A.A. saw Spirit (AeroSystems) mechanics apply liquid Dawn soap to a door seal ‘as lubricant in the fit-up process.’” Spirit AeroSystems makes and installs the door plugs on MAX 9 planes.

www.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Well the FAA is finding fault with the manufacturing process and Boeing and Spirit (Aerosystems) failed in 33 of 56 audits.

I think you meant to write this instead:

“The plane maker passed 56 of the audits and failed 33 of them...”

Not sure why the "Times" decided that them using Dawn soap as an assembly lubricant was such a major finding, liquid soap is used as a lubricant in many assembly processes and in every day life. Unless it is strictly called out in any sort of documentation that they specifically cannot use that, there is no significant finding there.
edit on 13-3-2024 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join