It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarlett Johansson plays Sen. Katie Britt in a satire of her SOTU rebuttal on ‘SNL’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
How is it that women can so easily drag each other down based on superficial stereotypes? As a group of people who have fought so hard to rise above this type of attack from men and society at large you would assume a level of solidarity that rises above current politics. Its especially disheartening to see this coming from the left side of the country that supposedly spends a lot of it's time pushing forward women's issues.

Scarlett Johansson plays Sen. Katie Britt in a satire of her SOTU rebuttal on ‘SNL’

Scarlett Johansson – otherwise known as Mrs. Colin Jost – made a cameo appearance during the show’s cold open, playing Alabama Sen. Katie Britt in her much-talked about GOP rebuttal to President Joe Biden’s State of the Union address on Thursday.

With one hand firmly raised, Johansson dressed as Britt called out Biden’s “performative” qualities (while fervently denying any performance of her own), delivering her remarks from her kitchen.

”You see, I’m not just a mother,” Johansson said. “I’m a wife, a mother, and the craziest b—h in the Target parking lot.”

link

Is there something wrong with being a mom that it always seems to be used as a joke?

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
🤣🤣("Katie" starts at 2:27)🤣🤣

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=27326309]Dandandat3
Hahahahaha, triggered much? Why can't we pick on ourselves?
Stereotypes are there for a reason. No, not all super pretty white girls are nuts
, but I have held a few super good looking women in my arms, and let me tell you , yes, they were a little nuts.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
How is it that women can so easily drag each other down based on superficial stereotypes? As a group of people who have fought so hard to rise above this type of attack from men and society at large you would assume a level of solidarity that rises above current politics. Its especially disheartening to see this coming from the left side of the country that supposedly spends a lot of it's time pushing forward women's issues.

Scarlett Johansson – otherwise known as Mrs. Colin Jost – made a cameo appearance during the show’s cold open, playing Alabama Sen. Katie Britt in her much-talked about GOP rebuttal to President Joe Biden’s State of the Union address on Thursday.

With one hand firmly raised, Johansson dressed as Britt called out Biden’s “performative” qualities (while fervently denying any performance of her own), delivering her remarks from her kitchen.

”You see, I’m not just a mother,” Johansson said. “I’m a wife, a mother, and the craziest b—h in the Target parking lot.”

link

Is there something wrong with being a mom that it always seems to be used as a joke?

Haven't seen the Katie Britt video (watching that next) so I can't compare this satire with her performance yet. Crazy to see ScarJo doing her best manic HOA soccer mom going through a divorce impression, she really committed to "the bit" as it's called among artists. Can't tell if she's taking too much Xanax and Adderall or not enough. It's especially funny to people who desperately need to cope with that mood being their default status in life. Can't wait to see her do Megyn Kelly next.

Also, free speech for the win.

edit on 10-3-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Katie must have done a pretty good job to get them this triggered.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

How is it that women can so easily drag each other down based on superficial stereotypes?

I’ve never seen such a thing in American politics.

Everyone up until now has been so graceful and only focused on platform and issues.

Such a shame that a sketch comedy show has decided to cross the line into uncharted territory.

People should take a look at ATS, and how ATS has talked about women and men alike and learn a thing or two about decorum.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ironically, many of the "absurdly dramatic" reactions come across to me as absurdly dramatic.

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Is that before or after the mud pit forum was discontinued?

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Is that before or after the mud pit forum was discontinued?

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Michael Obama references since. Not that it bothers me, just pointing out how normal this is.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

❌ Making fun of women

✅ Making fun of democrat men wearing lipstick and wig

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Being a mom is not ''always'' made to be a joke nor is being a mom a joke in itself. Being a mom, a good mom, is one of the two most important responsibilities in the world, the other being a good dad.

So why was this ''mom'' held up for ridicule? Was it because she is a mom? I don't think so. Was it because this little rebuttal was pre written and likely pre recorded and not a rebuttle at all? Was it because the Republican Party decided to use this young woman instead of any one else? Is it possible she was being used as nothing more than a pretty face to deliver this message? Was it to pretend that women should only speak from the confines of their kitchens?

Britt was clearly acting, not acting like a mom but rather as if she was auditioning for a higher place in her parties political structure. Swinging from one emotion to another she over-acted each role in that audition. And the thing here is that she was not performing as a rebuttal to Biden, not acting to sway undecided voters to her message at all. What she was doing with that speech was auditioning to one audience and that audience was one man, Donald Trump. Could it be that we are seeing in the women who are advancing in the Republican Party only one criteria and that is their ability to play to Trump's vanity.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   

These DC politicians have earned all the mockery they get.

I don’t know why anybody would keep voting for any of them.

The fact that more than 50% of the population routinely votes for any of these thugs/frauds who all claim credit for what they aren’t responsible for, and scapegoat the opposition for bad news, does not bode well for the future.

I think it would be a good indication if more than half the population decides voting for politicians is an irresponsible choice.
edit on 10-3-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I think the other side wins when you react to the littlest things. Are you offended, or are you just against the other side? Jokes are jokes; sure they can have a hidden agenda, but it doesn't work unless you react to it.

I believe you need to find a sense of humor or ignore it. Not everyone has to cater to somebody's feelings, and it goes both ways. Get some tough skin and don't act like the people you say you dislike.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Even Katie didn't believe the garbage she was spewing. No conviction at all, well, except for the poor attempt to act like she did.

She was a disaster and will be the focus of ridicule for a very long time. Sarah Palin strike a chord. Who thought that putting her in a kitchen like a doting wife would come across positively in this time of women's rights being taken away? You think about Rubio and some other rebuttals from the Republicans, and you wonder how they keep topping themselves.

AND NO, no one has a problem with a woman being a mom or staying home. But in this case, she's not a mom who is the butt of a joke, she is a joke who just so happens to also be a mom.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Disgusted123

She had some strong gut reactions that she was channeling into a calm monologue which means monitoring her voice, language, posture and expressions and not belting it out like a mom at a PTA conference. She barely took time to digest the SOTU before preparing her video so her alarm bells were still screaming deep down and it shows.

Honestly the reactions are magnitudes more absurd than anything she said, people are really just looking for a reason to be offended at this point because frankly it's easier and cheaper than being honest and accountable about the actual state of our union.

In a word, deflection.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don’t think I got the creepy joke about tea… which started around 5:20

Was that supposed to be a joke about cannibalism???

An homage to The Book of Eli… Ring My Bell scene…

youtu.be...

edit on 10-3-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

lol… check out my necklace… for da church to da club…

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I saw Scarlett Johansson naked in a movie once.

She was hawt.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I would be remiss if I didn’t point out Britt’s quote around 15 minutes.

www.youtube.com...

“Never forget, our DNA contains the same ingenuity, that put Man on the Moon”

Nazi fraud DNA?

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:34 AM
link   
No Republican is going to say anything without being mercilessly mocked by the leftists in Hollywood.

unless they want to pull a Liz Cheney and bash Trump.

I stopped watching SNL years ago. mean-spirited and not at all funny. and relentlessly one-sided.
they used to be counter culture. now they're just DNC shills.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeyYouNotYouYou
a reply to: [post=27326309]Dandandat3
Hahahahaha, triggered much? Why can't we pick on ourselves?
Stereotypes are there for a reason. No, not all super pretty white girls are nuts
, but I have held a few super good looking women in my arms, and let me tell you , yes, they were a little nuts.

Ah, but when she laughed about the little nuts thing, I’ll bet you got mad ……

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join