It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversations can be started with few words

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I find it funny how a site which promotes freedom of talking about a range of topics and generally on the conspiracy areas which now seem history lol.
I provide websites that showed the information and started a conversation with a couple of sentences to see if anywhere else in the world was experiencing the same kinda stories.
I don’t know that there had to a limit of words like an essay to have a post accepted.
I thought conversation didn’t need a word limit to start one lol.
How funny is that.

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Sat Mar 9 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hate to be "that guy" but we all agreed to the T&C when we made our accounts and all forums have OP requirements that are a part of that T&C.

Mods usually don't like 1 or 2 line OPs that have nothing but a claim or statement with no visuals, links, sources, or actual content of any kind.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: G1111B1234

Read other threads and see how it's done. Being new isn't a crime, but making piss poor threads isn't how you do things either.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   

College admission essay generally requires a minimum of 200 words. If you can manage 50% of that, it should suffice. Doesn't have to be professional if you can type coherently and courteously. But if you can't muster 5 sentences then maybe wait for someone else to compose a response and then join that dialogue. I've been around for a while and have found that most of the time I would rather join a dialogue than initiate one. There are more eloquent and amusing authors on this forum who I enjoy reading and reacting to, versus beginning a brand new dialogue and carrying it.

The long and short of it is, you are learning, you are encouraged to learn and you will be given many opportunities to screw it up and come back with better mechanical and philosophical knowledge of the forum. Don't give up.

edit on 8-3-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Hate to say it as well but I’ve seen other posts with less information and doesn’t get taken down in the past.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I don’t mind trying to write as much as needed but sometimes you don’t need a lot of words to ask questions or start a conversation and point proven was that it was getting a response and a conversation going.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I’ve read enough and seen enough with less than mine lol but I’ll keep reading

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   

link to some, and let's look.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Blimey been reading for years and years since early 2000s so your archives go that far?

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The trouble is that the site has members from all around the world, and what you might see as common knowledge doesn't mean that others will see it that way too.

Putting a link and quote from a news article might help you coversation move easier, I could say....

What about that M1 incident and that could mean a ton of things to different people. To some more interested in military stories for example they could be thinking about the M1 abrahams tank but the M1 was also a rifle, but it may have beensomething as simple as this...

Boy, 11, stopped after driving a BMW and towing a caravan on M1

An 11-year-old boy was arrested after being stopped for driving a BMW and towing a caravan on the M1.

Officers received a report a caravan had been stolen from a local holiday park near Thirsk, and was being towed away by a black BMW at around 3.30pm on Thursday.

North Yorkshire Police tracked the car, which was using cloned registration plates and travelling south on the A1.

The vehicle was intercepted on the M1 after it left the A1, at Hook Moor Interchange near Garforth, around 45 minutes after the report was made.

Thats just to show why you may want to add more than a sentence or 2.
Some conspiracies also have different interpretaions and theories, so just posting in a specific forum doesn't always mean people will know the subject without a little info'

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Just don't take it personal. Our mods are unpaid volunteers. They have good days and bad days like everyone else. Time is a factor too. At certain times of the day a thread might stay up that would otherwise have been taken down. Most here appreciate the mods. We recently got a bit of a taste what ATS without mods would be like and it was not pretty to put it mildly.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I put a couple of links to my post by hay ho , I’m not in a position to control what’s allowed or not , but I do think it’s a silly rule for a post .
In my defence I was nearly asking if the narrative of the news was the same in other places around the world.
I didn’t see how that could be taken any other way other than to answer the question. I do appreciate the help those though.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Oh I know , I was reading all through that as well. I understand that they may not get paid etc and use their free time , but still are we not allowed to question things ? After all isn’t what this site is about ?
I never mean any harm , I just like to know but also I like to question silly rules lol

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Most of the time we do try to look our for each other.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex
Millions of unemployed English and Philosophy professors out there …… and ATS gets overrun by volunteers all of a sudden.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I hope so otherwise what’s the point. I generally care and have done a site my self years ago called surveillance society with a friend. I do understand the length of work that goes into these things.
And I’ve also had hope with others that saw things for what they were and felt at least there are others but would never like the thought of that being wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   

currently, there is a serious douchebag who makes one line threads and links to some spyware/virus site as if it's a link to something news worthy. So many here are cautious about things that don't have a good explanation. But if you care enough to start a thread, then care enough to offer an explanation as to what you want to discuss, offer a link if it exists, and offer an opinion on the article.

The mods, as has been said, do this for free. And I think they get a kitten every time they ban someone. But don't give them a hard time, they are members here first, and moderators second.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Look at my post above so I don’t have to write it all again but I do understand.
Originally I did state it came from Sky news , I do have to remember that might not be in every country.
Ultimately it wasn’t anything that could be interpreted a wrong way and nearly was asking of the narrative was being spoken the same elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Name calling ? Now that’s something I haven’t done to anyone here! I’d appreciate it if you didn’t either. As you’re letting yourself down as a person.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   

currently, there is a serious douchebag who makes one line threads and links to some spyware/virus site as if it's a link to something news worthy. So many here are cautious about things that don't have a good explanation.

Yeah, thats a great example as to why make a thread with a bit more care.

The guy can sometimes join and post a dozen threads in a day before being kicked.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join