It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pot causing all the heart disease and strokes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: RAY1990

Weed is much, much stronger these days with stuff like Skunk, so I'm told.

It's not good for mental health.

It can be, and is sometimes, recommended to help improve mental heal. It's being recommended for things like PTSD, anxiety, and depression, and many people are benefiting from it.

Keep in mind, not everyone responds the same way to cannabis, so using it is only going to benefit some people.
edit on 7-3-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I've been studying cannabis for quite a while and the results are in. It's A. OK.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Dude, places like CO, OR, and WA have taken pot to new levels. They blow anything that Holland has ever done out of the water. Now when you order your buds you read the exact amounts of THC, CBD, smell, and what mood is reported by users... So it is Friday night and you want something that really winds you up with a great high, or you want to feel relaxed on Sunday and just meditate, they got it all down to the nats ass.

The analysis reports are primarily due to the growers and dispensaries testing their products for compliance and quality control, but customers like to know the values of THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids and terpenes.

Whether a strain is a sativa, indica, or hybrid can vary it's effects, but I would say that the difference is not super noticeable. Sativas tend to be a little less relaxing and people tend to prefer them for daytime use, while indicas are a little more relaxing (in-da-couch, they say) and people tend to prefer them for nighttime use. The same is true of different terpene profiles, but the differences are even less noticeable. It's nice to have options, but THC and CBD remain the main psychoactive chemicals in cannabis.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Trust the Science ?
NOT

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, smoking pot can raise the risk of heart disease in some people. They did identify a few factors in that that looked legit. One of those problems is in the cardiovascular system. It can raise the heart attack risk with long term use.

Smoking pot can also increase cancer risk for some kinds of cancers, but is beneficial in reducing certain cancer risks in some types of cancers too...it appears that that evidence is correct too.

In many people pot use can help with psychological problems, but in some it can cause psychiatric problems too. Some sort of psychosis formed by it's use is causing some people to have problems.

Cannabis does have medical benefits for some things but it can also cause problems too, remember, all meds have side effects, and cannabis is no exception.

Cannabis does have a dumbing down effect and makes people easier to control....the majority of people. It seems to me that the reason they are legalizing it for recreational use is because of this reason.

If it is used to treat a condition properly, pot is a good medicine, but for many it's side effects are worse than the disease that they are treating. I believe it should be legal to use medically, but question if it should be legal to smoke recreationally because it can cause problems for a tenth of the population or more. I am being conservative with that ten percent, but I want to be sure not to overestimate the bad effects.

Pot is not a pancea of medicine, it can help lots of people but also can hurt lots of people if it is used often.

That is my opinion from reading quite a few research articles on cannabis use as related to health. Most of the problems occur from smoking it, but some of the psychosis problems come from consuming it too. I knew people who get all weird and a little psycho when they smoke it, it used to make me friendly and happy. I guess it is worse of a problem now with the genetic engineering of cannabis to create way more potent strains. A lot of it is GMO these days. The THC does help some people, but the majority of the good cannabinoid chemistry that helps people does not cause you to get high.

Face it, when the government makes something legal these days, it benefits the government more than us. Notice it wasn't made legal till it became super potent and most of the strains are gmo.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
These studies have conflicting information and also, use the generic term for the item they are claiming causes damage.

As a licensed grower for several years in Oregon some time ago, I did a lot of studying on the plant and it's properties.

The report doesn't state:

If the 'pot' was from the species of Indica or Sativa or a combination. Within each strain are different varieties that each have their own levels of THC and Cannabinoids. Was the plant grown completely organic or not? Were desiccants used in the drying process? Was the harvested or final product 'enhanced' in any way?

Most people have no clue what they are inhaling, which is sad. Using the correct product can bring immense relief.

The study has absolutely no merit for it's claims without the specific information above included and, after looking at the data tables, none of this is addressed or acknowledged.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm Getting Really Tired of those Commercials your Referring to.
and that Damned Lume Commercial .
Holy Hell take a Damned Shower.

originally posted by: NorthOS
a reply to: annonentity

The pharmakeia that they’re pedaling is deadly by their own admission.

I hardly ever watch TV but a few nights ago we were watching a documentary and the commercials were unbelievable.

Not all but very nearly all were for drugs for various ailments. Each claiming to help or control things like diabetes and bipolar disorder.

If you manage to survive the multitude of side effects that they legally have to list here in Canada.

High blood pressure, low blood pressure, heart attack, blindness, nervous disorders, blood clotting, coma, and death to list a small number of bonuses they can provide.

These are long term tested and approved.

I think I’d rather smoke a spliff if I had Parkinson’s or MS.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   
With regards to the higher THC cannabis that is being produced these days, very often the CBD levels are not increased as much, throwing off the THC to CBD ratio.

With regards to the cardiovascular system, THC is a vascular constrictor, while CBD is a vasodilator. CBD also seems to promote relaxation and help balance mood.

With regards to the aforementioned, high THC cannabis patients and users may find it beneficial to supplement their cannabis use with additional CBD, like with CBD gummies for example.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Makes me think some users may be using the wrong doses for their bodies or health conditions, or overdosing because they can't wait a half hour to an hour before it kicks in; we all react differently to drugs.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Mental illness doesn't come from nowhere, it's developed so in my eyes it always comes back to upbringing and a lack of positivity in the individual. It's seemingly relatively rare for people to be born nuts or have a genetic predisposition that guarantees it.

The youth should be running about playing catchy-kiss or a slightly more grown up version of it at that age... Not worrying about existence and their place in it. I don't blame them for wanting to switch off in any way they can. Stuffs a lot worse than when I was a kid 20 years ago.

I think one of the main issues is that people are being diagnosed to death. Oh had a bad day here is some Prozac kind of stuff.

I also don't think we had it easier decades ago, we just were harder-skinned and took it and moved on. I'm at the very end of boomer and my kids are Gen Z and their lives have been much easier than mine had been on a social level.

edit on x31Thu, 07 Mar 2024 12:48:09 -0600202466America/ChicagoThu, 07 Mar 2024 12:48:09 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
With regards to the higher THC cannabis that is being produced these days, very often the CBD levels are not increased as much, throwing off the THC to CBD ratio.

With regards to the cardiovascular system, THC is a vascular constrictor, while CBD is a vasodilator. CBD also seems to promote relaxation and help balance mood.

With regards to the aforementioned, high THC cannabis patients and users may find it beneficial to supplement their cannabis use with additional CBD, like with CBD gummies for example.

I don't think it is the THC or CBD as much as the burning carcinogens that you get from smoking anything burning. I was thinking the same thing in maybe gummies or edibles. One problem is they typically use crap pots in them, so people would need to learn how to do it with the strains they like. Also, people who smoke pot stink on a crazy level. Kind of like a smoker talking to you from a foot away, but in this case, Their body reaks of pot, and act like it is nothing.

edit on x31Thu, 07 Mar 2024 12:47:34 -0600202466America/ChicagoThu, 07 Mar 2024 12:47:34 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MauiWaui

OP doesn't remember from grade school to indent paragraphs, and/or doesn't know how to with their phone. Tells you all you need to know right there.

Reference is bitchute, red flag, doesn't know how to properly link on ATS either.

And huge red flag is the title says ALL heart disease and stroke...even someone in the OP's demographic would say not all because some people got the jab. LOL!!!

Can you imagine if the OP was your doctor, nurse, or even dentist?

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Those are some reasons why patients and users are gravitating towards gently vaporizing cannabis, rather than burning and smoking it. Vapor doesn't contain the same tar and ash that smoke does, and research suggest it's gentler on the lungs and cardiovascular system, while also being less smelly.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

A rabbit and a mouse walk into a bar discussing pot.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Weed is much, much stronger these days with stuff like Skunk, so I'm told.

It's not good for mental health.

It depends entirely on the strain and the skill of the grower. It then depends on how you're consuming and if it's been processed.

People used to smoke hemp... The seeds are in budgie feed.

I'm not going to argue for or against anyone using anything since I believe in informed choice when it comes to what people put into their bodies. They're all going to have side effects when it comes to medication.

a reply to: quintessentone

And drunks get aggressive. Depends on the person, what they're taking and how their thought patterns operate. There's countless substances which can cause paranoid delusions. A blow to the head and pregnancy can cause psychotic episodes too. We're a bit more complex than "this is your brain on drugs" and then there's the question of dosage.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sendhelp

I bet you cant pass the Turing test.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well, young people are keeling over.

So they blame Cannabis.

I have used Cannabis my entire life.

It just couldn’t be their poison jabs.

The “Clot Shots” that they forced on the people is deadly.

Cannabis has never killed anybody.

PS. I am not advocating that anyone uses illegal drugs.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I'd blame energy drinks and poor diet first, stress even.

I don't think it was the vaccines because kids keeling over isn't exactly new because morbidly obese kids aren't exactly new.

Do they even exercise anymore? I'd keel over if I drank 2 monster and acted like a kid. That's a lot of caffeine.
edit on 7-3-2024 by RAY1990 because: Morbidly obsessed... Spelling mistake

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Cannabis has never killed anybody.

Cigarettes never killed anyone either...

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: whyamIhere

I'd blame energy drinks and poor diet first, stress even.

I don't think it was the vaccines because kids keeling over isn't exactly new because morbidly obese kids aren't exactly new.

Do they even exercise anymore? I'd keel over if I drank 2 monster and acted like a kid. That's a lot of caffeine.

There is this thing called moderation.... The body can take a lot if things are done that way... What about the guy who recently died because he was drinking caffeine drinks and drank like 128 oz of them...geez

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Young athletes dropping dead at an alarming pace is new.

edit on 7-3-2024 by IndieA because: Added Quote

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join