It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate 'March Madness'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I hate 'March Madness'. Basketball ... hours and hours and hours of it ... day after day after day. Disrupting regular TV viewing. No other sport takes over the TV like this. I don't like basketball. I get that some other people do, but surely there can't be that many basketball fans out there that they stay home from work and watch it all day, day after day after day. I could see televising a game or two, but do they have to do them all? It seems like all of them. UGH.

Short rant. But there it is. "March Madness" is dumb and it sucks.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I don't anything march madness.

Get rid of cable TV and you'll never hear about it again.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   

If you have "regular TV viewing" then you have bigger problems.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boogerpicker

If you have "regular TV viewing" then you have bigger problems.

Yeah .. it's called being older with chronic illness so you don't get out much.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I love March Madness. The fact that is a multi-billion-dollar business means lots of other people love it too.

Go outside.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

This is where a DVD player comes in handy hehe. They're super cheap now that they're obsolete as are DVD's. I got my new one a couple months ago for 25 bucks at Walmart. Sony brand too so not even off brand. I get DVDs and even whole series of shows on DVD from a local buyback store and the most I've spent there on one item is 9 bucks for season 6 of king of the hill. Most movies on DVD there are one dollar.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker
I guess you missed the part where they said they were sick.
Have a little compassion, or don't.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The problem is not basketball the problem is TV...

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I haven't watched anything other than streaming services for over a decade. I get to watch what I want when I want...even then I typically watch education/current event stuff on youtube. Don't miss cable TV at all...there are even a bunch of free services you can access on Roku. I would give that a try and enjoy watching what you want in your schedule as opposed to the cable and networks schedule.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Oh man. And selection Sunday is the 17th. We haven't even picked the teams playing yet.

Not to fuel your anticipatory frustration, but with the interest Caitlyn Clark has brought to the woman's game, you are gonna be far more likely to see an unprecedented number of women's games on the regular networks as well.

I'm sure CNN or FOX News wouldn't mind a bump in their viewer numbers if ya switched over to them instead.

So who do you favor to win it all?

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Football is way over-rated IMHO.
Basketball breaks the mold for being over-rated.

I'd much rather watch soccer.......

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I hate 'March Madness'. Basketball ... hours and hours and hours of it ... day after day after day. Disrupting regular TV viewing. No other sport takes over the TV like this. I don't like basketball. I get that some other people do, but surely there can't be that many basketball fans out there that they stay home from work and watch it all day, day after day after day. I could see televising a game or two, but do they have to do them all? It seems like all of them. UGH.

Short rant. But there it is. "March Madness" is dumb and it sucks.

It hasn't even started yet? take a deep breath...we can get through this

Depending on your cable TV, do what we do for our Mom, program on your favorite non-basketball channels, she loves crime drama shows, and so on. It's a pain sometimes you have to redo it,but it is an option. I agree with DVDs or even Amazon Prime or Netflix but other services no doubt have where you can sign up for a month and cancel any time.

But I thought March Madness was only on CBS and ESPN...

What's your chronic illness BTW...

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I’m not a sportsball fan but I knew march madness had something to do with basketball. It takes over all the stations all day? Hell no. Turn off the tv. It’s just brainwash programming anyway.
Commercials disguised as infotainment.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Cut the cable and go to streaming.

You'll end up paying less and depending on your plan, no commercials. New movies tend to pop up on there before cable too.

Yes, basketball is extremely popular. Basketball is the highest-paid sport in the world, with an average annual NBA salary in 2023 of nearly $10.5 million.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The basketball games are on FOUR channels. CBS, TNT, TBS and truTV. Don't watch those channels and you will be OK.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I just hate non shooting sports lol

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: boatguy12
The basketball games are on FOUR channels. CBS, TNT, TBS and truTV. Don't watch those channels and you will be OK.

I watch a lot of TBS.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
What's your chronic illness BTW...

I have a few ... won't disclose them all ... but one I"ll tell you of because I've said it before. Sjogrens. I always feel like crap, and it's really uncomfortable. It has neurological involvement which sometimes happens with Sjogrens. The other illness' I"ll keep to myself.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

The problem is not basketball the problem is TV...

Yip I turned my television on for the first time since Xmas day and after 20 minutes of flicking through the channels turned it off again , I much prefer the radio now

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Same here, got cable for free, with the 6g wifi high-speed glass Fibre internet.
I'm was happy ripping my pipe before and I'm an even happier pirate now..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join