It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler and the Lance of Longinus in Hofburg

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   
There are more than a few places that claim they have an artifact that is really the Lance of Longinus (also called the Spear of Destiny), which is the spear that was thrust into the side of Christ after he died on the cross. Three of these places have artifacts with better claims on it than the others. The Vatican claims to have the spearhead. Sainte-Chapelle in Paris claims to have a fragment. The Imperial Treasury at the Hofburg Palace in Vienna also claims to have the spear. That is the one that I will be discussing in this thread because that is the one Hitler encountered.

According to one source, Hitler believed he was a reincarnated 9th-century feudal lord called Landulfo II of Capua, who had been excommunicated by the Pope for being a powerful magician. He also believed that he had owned the Lance of Longinus in this previous lifetime. I am trying to find other sources to confirm this as it's the first time I'm reading it.

The discussion .... is there really any power attached to the Spear in Hofburg Palace in Vienna? Look at Hitlers reaction to it ... is that self induced mania, the result of a sick mind, or did some evil actually influence him because of his obsession with the spear?

UNMUSEUM

The spear finally wound up in the possession of the House of the Hapsburgs and by 1912 was part of the treasure collection stored in Hofburg Museum. According to Ravenscroft it was in September of that year, while living in Vienna and working as a watercolor painter, that a young Adolf Hitler visited the Museum and learned of the lance and its reputation. Dr. Walter Stein, who accompanied Hitler on that visit, remembered, "when we first stood side by side in front of the Spear of Destiny it appeared to me that Hitler was in so deep a condition of trance that he was suffering almost complete sense-denudation and a total lack of self-consciousness."

Hitler later said, "I stood there quietly gazing upon it for several minutes quite oblivious to the scene around me. It seemed to carry some hidden inner meaning which evaded me, a meaning which I felt I inwardly knew yet could not bring to consciousness...I felt as though I myself had held it before in some earlier century of history. That I myself had once claimed it as my talisman of power and held the destiny of the world in my hands..."

Hitler saw the lance as his mystical connection with generations of conquering Germanic leaders that had come before him. On March 14, 1938, after he had risen to power as the chancellor of Germany, Hitler annexed the state of Austria and ordered that the spear, along with the rest of the Habsburg collection, be sent to the city of Nuremberg, heart of the Nazi movement.

Spirit Daily - quote taken from the book 'The Final Hour'

Whatever the case, staring at it, some kind of force obviously captivated that future Führer. In its presence he fell into what can only be described as demonic ecstasy. Standing in front of the velvet dais, his face would flush and his brooding eyes would shine with what one observer described as “an alien emanation.”

He swayed on his feet and “his whole physiognomy and stance (apparently) transformed as if some mighty spirit now inhabited his very soul,” recalled one of his few friends, August Kubizek.

Hitler knew there was some kind of great evil attached to the relic. He says as much in describing one visit to this beloved object, a visit that seems to have included the apparition of a demon at the museum. According to Hitler himself: “The air became stifling so that I could hardly breathe. The noisy scene of the Treasure House seemed to melt away before my eyes. I stood alone and trembling before the hovering form of the Superman — a spirit sublime and fearful, a countenance intrepid and cruel. In holy awe, I offered my soul as a vessel for his will.”

Ancient Theory Holy Lance Mystery

According to Trevor Ravenscroft, author of the book “The Spear of Destiny” (1997), Hitler’s obsession with the spear began when he first saw it. Ravenscroft claims that the spear became the “central pivot” of Hitler’s life and “the very source of his ambition to conquer the world.” Hitler believed that the spear had been possessed by many powerful rulers before him, including Frederick the Great of Germany and Charlemagne.

He wanted to own the lance, along with other powerful Christian relics such as the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail. Ravenscroft also claims that Hitler often visited the museum where the spear was kept and entered into a trance-like state where he saw his future glory as the ruler of the Third Reich.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I have seen the Indiana Jones documentaries.

But seriously, that's interesting.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
:

I found Hitlers reaction to be interesting.
Was it self induced mania?
Was it a mental illness taking hold?
Or was it really something supernatural that overtook him?

I put this thread in the supernatural forum for that discussion.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I heard about this story from someone claiming there were Nazi's in Egypt searching for it still, along with the Arc of the Covenant.

So many different takes on this artifact.

I suppose there are still occultist who believe they will be an invincible force if they only have the right combination of things for the use in their mysto-magical aspirations.

Himmler was very big on such an idea, and no doubt he influenced Hitler into believing the same.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Firstly you have to believe that a person called Jesus Christ existed in the first place. That is faith not actual evidence. Now virtually all religious artefacts can be traced back to the middle ages when masses of men were whipped up to defend the "holy land", hence travel to the holy land and religious fervour, especially for relics became popular and as such relics became a big money making scheme. If one cares to research around churches and cathedrals at their supposed relics you will find enough "wood from the cross" to make more crosses than one and different types of wood as well. More bones of the apostles than apostles and the very biggie the "Turin Shroud" plus the "veils of Veronica" there are 2 of them. All can only be traced to the middle ages, bbbuuuttt believers will say they were about earlier, That is just hearsay.
And don't give me "but they've proven the Turin Shroud is genuine" BS.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I think part of the legend was that if a person lost control of the Spear, their time was up.

Nuremberg fell to U.S. forces on 20 April 1945. 10 days later, Hitler was dead.

Interesting constellation of events if nothing else.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I loved the appearance of The Spear of Destiny early on in the movie "Constantine".

It was very well done and set the tone of movie perfectly.

One of Keanu Reeves better roles in my opinion.

edit on 3/4/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Man .. that's a freaky movie.
Don't give me nightmares!

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I hear they're making a sequel with Reeves on board.

Fingers crossed and patiently waiting here!

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   

One of my fav films too!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   
First saw Soear of Destiny at Milton Keynes Bowl supporting U2, along with Billy Bragg, REM and the Ramones. I quite like SOD to this day, although Kirk Brandon is an acquired taste.

As for the actual Spear of Destiny, if such should exist, I have seen numerous programs investigating it. The Spear to which this thread refers appears to have a Roman spear head contemporary with the time of Jesus at its heart, beneath all the additions. Is it likely the real spear? I don’t think anyone could ever tell.

It certainly had an impact on Hitler. Self induced I would think.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Very interesting thread FlyersFan. I'll have to look into this more. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

I hear they're making a sequel with Reeves on board.

Fingers crossed and patiently waiting here!

Great! I'll buy the popcorn!

edit on 3/5/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

(post by PeelingOnions removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeelingOnions
So the Nazis "nearly" won WW2 because of some powerful Christian superpower a forking lance acquired by stabbing around for some empire? That's the discussion?

Ignoring most of your post because it was childish.

I stated clearly what the discussion was.
This was put in the SUPERNATURAL discussion forum for a reason.
Nothing was said about winning WW2.

Again ... since your reading comprehension is so low ...

The discussion .... is there really any power attached to the Spear in Hofburg Palace in Vienna? Look at Hitlers reaction to it ... is that self induced mania, the result of a sick mind, or did some evil actually influence him because of his obsession with the spear?
edit on 3/6/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

(post by PeelingOnions removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PeelingOnions

No one is pretending anything. It's a "discussion" and I find it interesting even if you don't.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wasnt the spear used on Barabus and not Jeebus?

Asking for a friend.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeTheGoddess2
Wasnt the spear used on Barabus and not Jeebus?.

It's the lance that the Roman soldier stuck into Jesus side and pierced his heart after Jesus died, making sure that He was dead. Blood and water came forth. Blood from his heart. Water probably from his lungs being flooded with fluid after being severely beaten and then hung on the cross. I read a book on the crucifixion by a doctor and that's what he said he thought the blood and water was from.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
:

I found Hitlers reaction to be interesting.
Was it self induced mania?
Was it a mental illness taking hold?
Or was it really something supernatural that overtook him?

I put this thread in the supernatural forum for that discussion.

I'm of the view that any mania aside, Hitler was a medium of sorts. He certainly captivated if not virtually hypnotized a lot of followers.
edit on 3 6 2024 by AtomicBulldog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join