It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dynamic pricing WTF

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So the new norm is dynamic pricing - Lunch hour burgers will cost more then 3pm burgers - This will leach into everything we buy Gas on Holidays etc ..............

Think about it during the colder months we will be charged higher prices for heat in the summer charged more for water and cooling .
Christmas charged more for anything we buy ,

This country has gone nuts ............

"In a recent earnings call, Wendy's, the second-largest fast food joint in the U.S., shared that it will soon begin piloting a “dynamic pricing” model, in which prices will fluctuate throughout the day depending on demand."

So soon Friday night Pizza will go up not to mention Friday night beers , Morning coffee ------------Isn't this price gouging ???????????????
edit on 27-2-2024 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I'm not seeing an issue.

Reflects well the definition of supply and demand.

If it fails, then it's the business that suffers. The consumer remains unharmed. Unless there's something I'm missing.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm not seeing an issue.

If it fails, then it's the business that suffers. The consumer remains unharmed. Unless there's something I'm missing.

Huh?? so you are good at paying a price for a burger at 11 am but paying $2.00 more at 12pm ?

link   
Similar in some bars near me, I support a free market, let consumers decide...I'd be absolutely against any orders from government dictating 'how' I charge, if the customers let me get away with it!🫣

link   

Am I forced in some way to buy the burger, let alone at the time you posted?

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I'm not seeing an issue.

I’m thinking his point is that the base price will most likely be what it is now. With the dynamic pricing only increasing and never decreasing to give us ‘deals’.

Kinda like inflation. It consistently goes up and rarely comes down.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

I'm not seeing an issue.

Huh?? so you are good at paying a price for a burger at 11 am but paying $2.00 more at 12pm ?

Actually, I'm not good with it, and if that happens, I won't be buying any inflated priced burgers. I'll eat at home. And I'd wager if this is a bad idea, others will do the same and they will get the message at bud light speed. (rimshot)

But it's not illegal, it's business.
edit on 27-2-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

link   

A $2.00 burger should be a $2.00 burger at anytime of day or night , Not just we sale more burgers at 12pm so lets jack the price up until 3pm .

link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Grocery stores have been playing that game for as long as I can remember.

Where the "sale price" isn't much if at all a difference from the normal price.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   

A $2.00 burger should be a $2.00 burger at anytime of day or night , Not just we sale more burgers at 12pm so lets jack the price up until 3pm .

My question was/is; is anyone forced to buy the burger?

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   

a reply to: KKLOCO

Grocery stores have been playing that game for as long as I can remember.

Where the "sale price" isn't much if at all a difference from the normal price.

Yeah, boxed wine has been on sale for a decade. ‘Regular price $27.99’ - ‘Sale price $19.99’.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

My question was/is; is anyone forced to buy the burger?

My point being were does it stop - My beer cost less a 5am then 5pm but they notice everyone is buying beer at 5am so the 5am price goes up also -

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It stops when consumers stop buying the product.

So, lets say the burger joint across the road from my burger joint does this.

I can choose to compete with them and offer no deviation in price, or perhaps even a "sale" price.

Like I said, as long as no one is forced to buy the product, I'm not seeing the issue here.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well darn, not that I eat out often, but Wendy’s was on the top of my list, I hope A&W doesn’t jump on the band wagon.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It stops when consumers stop buying the product.

So, lets say the burger joint across the road from my burger joint does this.

I can choose to compete with them and offer no deviation in price, or perhaps even a "sale" price.

Like I said, as long as no one is forced to buy the product, I'm not seeing the issue here.

But where is the justification other then deliberate price gouging "we got to work harder to serve more burgers at 12pm"

I get what you are saying but it shouldn't be allowed .

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I think inflation is more harmful than this business practice (which I think will be largely a failure FWIW).

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I just left a gas station that is charging 50 cents more per gallon because most of their pumps are broken. Dynamic!

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I get what you are saying but it shouldn't be allowed.

That's capitalism. The market decides if a ruse like this flies or dies. It's the power of the purse.

As has been said, as long as no one is forced to purchase from that business, there's nothing illegal about it. A local convenience store in my town switched to all self-serve registers last year except for sales that cannot be handled that way. I told them I would not be a customer AND an employee unless I get employee discounts. I haven't shopped their since.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   

So, any "dynamic pricing " that comes to my attention will prompt me to keep walking or driving til I find a place that will supply me what I'm looking for at a "non-dynamic price ." If I can't find any....I'll learn to live without whatever it was I needed or wait til a time when all dynamics are null and void.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Are you sure this is not to bring in customers at times that are usually slow? At least in my experience around 3pm fast food restaurants are dead, therefore dropping the price of a burger might bring in early diners during slower hours.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join