It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The refrigerator of the future has been created in Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Sounds pretty interesting. How much would it cost to make a refrigerator out of the alloy and the cost of the magnets for it? What amount of energy is needed to run the unit? Would it be more or less than a high efficiency fridge we have available? How about life expectancy of the unit?

Still a lot of questions that need to be asked about it's feasability and overall cost.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The complaints in here are hilarious. Someone in 1881 figured out the physics so any time anyone in the future finds a way to use any other kind of science, such as material chemistry, to supercharge physics for a benefit, it is the dude in 1881 that gets the credit.

The Wright Brothers didn't invent anything, the first flight should actually be credited to DaVinci or isaac Newton.

I wonder why modern science is an abject failure.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: RussianTroll

Sounds pretty interesting. How much would it cost to make a refrigerator out of the alloy and the cost of the magnets for it? What amount of energy is needed to run the unit? Would it be more or less than a high efficiency fridge we have available? How about life expectancy of the unit?

Still a lot of questions that need to be asked about it's feasability and overall cost.

There is also a refrigerator that used SOUND WAVES to cool stuff down as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDuckEnergy

What are you talking about?

About 15 years later Green et al. built a device which actually cooled a load other than the magnetocaloric material itself and the heat exchange fluid. The major breakthrough, however, occurred in 1997 when the Ames Laboratory/Astronautics proof-of-principle refrigerator showed that magnetic refrigeration was competitive with conventional gas compression cooling. Since then, over 25 magnetic cooling units have been built and tested throughout the world. The current status of near room temperature magnetic cooling is reviewed, including a discussion of the major problems facing commercialization and potential solutions thereof.

www.sciencedirect.com...

And thats from 2008.... Ive already linked the newest articles in this thread.

The prototypes are already nearly 30 years old

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   

As a child, I often read about Newtons first flight in the amazing flying machine he built in 1685. It was much better than da Vinci's piss poor 1481 effort.

And i too am thoroughly sick and tired of modern science's abject failures, whilst typing on my mobile telephone that connects to Wi-Fi.

Down with everything

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

No where in their research paper did they claim to invent what you are talking about. They simply used material science to make an alloy that effectively makes magnetic freezing actually applicable (in theory). It is like if someone solved cold fusion.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Did da Vinci or Newton actually fly, as in "first flight?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

"As a child, I often read about Newtons first flight in the amazing flying machine he built in 1685."

Where did you read that?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

Ah. Was that, sarcasm?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Abject failure?

How so?

You are on the internet.

Who made that possible?

The only abject failure I'm seeing is your education system.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join