It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida surgeon general defies science amid measles outbreak

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jaellma2

Leaving a decision to the parents would be all good if all parents were reasonable. But some would rather have their kids undergo the nasty disease (and yeah measles is nasty, though not deadly) than vaccinate them. Some even go as far as organising chickenpox parties.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tarantulabite1

My sister-in-law is vaccinated and had Chickenpox as a kid and yet still managed to contract the disease an additional 4 times.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:49 PM
link   
A surgeon general should have at least middle school virus and vaccine knowledge. This is embarrassing.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: tarantulabite1

My sister-in-law is vaccinated and had Chickenpox as a kid and yet still managed to contract the disease an additional 4 times.

Same happen to my cousin as well ....she got it 5 more times after

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy

Leaving a decision to the parents would be all good if all parents were reasonable. But some would rather have their kids undergo the nasty disease (and yeah measles is nasty, though not deadly) than vaccinate them. Some even go as far as organising chickenpox parties.

So? There's a reason for that? Both measles and chickenpox are far less dangerous if contracted when young than when an adult. They can be far more serious as an adult. In most cases though, once you've had them, you never get them again. May as well get them over with while young when it's less dangerous. #logic

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: Thefineblackharm

Ahh yes. It's just a huge coincidence that cases plummeted after the introduction of the vaccine and only started to make a resurgence with the rise of the anti-vax movement.

Again, that graph started in 1963. Look at the ENTIRE graph - measles had been plummeting for quite awhile before any vaccine. In fact, all infectious diseases were going down, including ones there WAS no vaccine for such as scarlet fever. How did scarlet fever go away? There was no vaccine! Must be a miracle! Add to that list of diseases that basically disappeared, typhoid, tuberculosis (a short lived vaccine that never worked), yellow fever, others - ALL went down with NO vaccine. So, um, we don't KNOW how those diseases decline but the ones WITH vaccines, oh! it was the vaccines!

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625
A surgeon general should have at least middle school virus and vaccine knowledge. This is embarrassing.

Do you think he hasn't? Maybe you don't agree with his position/decisions and his criticisms in the way the pandemic was handled by the various authorities?

What are your degrees if you don't mind.

There is a big difference between not agreeing with someone's decisions and making bold statements he doesn't understand basic immunology or how vaccines work. There is no much evidence in your statement and it's best not to attack or defame others who are scientists and have much more knowledge and experience from you and other random online posters.
edit on 24-2-2024 by Venkuish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:33 AM
link   

edit on 2/24/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: vazumol

Anything to add to this thread?
What's your opinion about the surgeon general?
I remember this is the second time someone has put 6 stars right after my post. Coincidence?

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Venkuish1

Its the spam kid, or more likely bot.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   

He has defied no science at all. if he said "your kid is sick from measles, this vaccine will cure it from him right now" that would be defying science. if your kid catches measles, there is zero reason to suddenly go get them vaccinated as once you survive it you get natural immunity, which as we know now that the natural immunity is better to begin with.

Also, measles has a 0.1% CFR, one out of a thousand infected could maybe die. To be honest I now suspect it is the vaccinations for diseases with a fraction of a percent fatality rate that are a big underlying cause for general lack of health.

Why should we even mass vaccinate for things like Flu, Corona virus or measles if catching it means the general population have an over 99% chance of survival?? Vaccinations make sense for things like small pox and polio, which have double digit fatality rates and can cripple for life. but something with a thousandth of a percent general fatality rate?? We should have simply been allowing our human population to catch these low fatality diseases and develop the natural immunity to them. I asked an Ai bot a numbers question and here is the response:

The fatality rate of measles can vary depending on factors such as access to healthcare, age, underlying health conditions, and vaccination rates. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the estimated case fatality rate for measles is 0.1%, meaning that approximately 1 in 1,000 individuals infected with measles may die from the disease.

As of 2021, the population of the United States is around 331 million people. If the entire population of the USA became infected with measles and we use the estimated case fatality rate of 0.1%, we can calculate the approximate fatality count by multiplying the total population by the case fatality rate:

331,000,000 (total population of the USA) x 0.001 (case fatality rate) = 331,000

Therefore, based on the estimated case fatality rate for measles, if the entire population of the USA became infected with the disease, it is estimated that approximately 331,000 individuals could die from measles. It is important to note that this is a hypothetical scenario and actual fatality numbers would depend on various factors such as healthcare capacity, treatment options, and public health interventions.

Vaccinate the vulnerable, let the rest of us filthy apes enjoy the harmonious relationships we must develop with Earth to survive it properly. We have hospitals and natural remedies for a reason. He also did not advise against getting actual vaccines, just the genetic engineering ones clotting up peoples heats all over the world. His only sin is he did not promote a pharmacorp solution as their lobbyists have demanded for decades.
edit on 2-24-2024 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
that supports your argument for vaccination .... how again?

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Thefineblackharm

They declined as sanitation and hygiene standards went up. This is the reality and the actual key to good health.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I would still recommend children get vaccinated against the likes of measles mumps and rubella worldstarcountry for very obvious reasonings.

The chickenpox vaccine is not part of the routine childhood vaccination schedule. It's currently only offered on the NHS to people who are in close contact with someone who's particularly vulnerable to chickenpox or its complications. There are 2 chickenpox vaccines currently available.

My Sister-in-law is an exception to the rule, they happen.
edit on 24-2-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yea I had that too, it sucked. But I was never vaccinated for it. I was very young though, maybe two or three and barely remember. My mama says I cried but did not really scratch so much, which sounds impossible to believe because I tend to be a nervous scratcher when I am anxious.

I am not against inoculating vulnerable folks, but I think there has to be some symbiosis again with out planet. We are too clean for our own good, and a big reason for allergies and other auto-immune diseases.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join