It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he purposely conflated Pelosi with Haley

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 10:42 PM
link   
thehill.com...

Trump says he purposely conflated Pelosi with Haley: ‘It’s very hard to be sarcastic’

Oh, I see now, he wasn't doing a brain slip here, he was being sarcastic.

“So it’s very hard to be sarcastic when I interpose. I’m not a Nicki fan, and I’m not a Pelosi fan. And when I purposely interpose names they said, ‘He didn’t know Pelosi from Nikki, from tricky Nikki,” Trump said during a rally in North Charleston, South Carolina, Wednesday.

Oh, now that explains it. He made that comment on Jan. 19th and only now, 26 days later he has had to finally come out and explain his little sarcastic joke. Did anyone else pick up on this humor of his until now? Anyone?

“I interpose and they make a big deal out of it. I said, ‘No, no, I think they both stink, they have something in common they both stink.’ Remember this. When I make a statement like that about Nikki that means she will never be running for vice president,” he continued.

Glad to have that straightened out.

One other thing though, three times he used variations on the verb, interpose in that short excuse for his earlier comments. I was hard put to understand him. See, I have never heard the word ''interpose'' used in that manner. So I looked it up and here is what I found

www.merriam-webster.com...

a
: to place in an intervening position
b
: to put (oneself) between : intrude
: to put forth by way of interference or intervention
: to introduce or throw in between the parts of a conversation or argument

So apparently, he has found a way to use the word ''interpose'' that is beyond even the scope of Websters Dictionary.

edit on Wed Feb 14 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: staff edit to use SOURCE TITLE

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Just another example of Trump's 4 dimensional chess. Way too sophisticated for normal people to comprehend.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Whew, I’ve been losing sleep over this, thank gawd it finally got cleared up.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   

LOL .............I am Amused to See Another Clueless Liberal Loose their Sheet Over Mr. Trump's Little Jokes....

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Now that's sarcasm. Poor deflective sarcasm but none the less, sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yeah, well, if that is all ya got Z. A picture of a person that is now constantly used to visually exemplify the angst conservatives like to attribute to anyone who can see though the boss joke that Trump is.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

Yeah, well, if that is all ya got Z. A picture of a person that is now constantly used to visually exemplify the angst conservatives like to attribute to anyone who can see though the boss joke that Trump is.

Hey , If the Shoe Fits . I am a Realist . You should Try it Sometime . It Clears the Mind of Deceptions ...

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 12:42 AM
link   
JRB says

I know what the hell Im doing!

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Yet, you cannot offer any realist or sound commentary on the topic presented. Trump claimed almost three weeks later that he was being sarcastic. Can you explain how it was sarcasm? He can't other than to say so because he thinks that by saying he was joking that he can get away with it with his followers. He does that all the time as an excuse. He also explains that he was interposing. Do you agree with his use of that word to explain what he was doing? He apparently dosen't. Can you explain that to me? Those are the topics of this thread. Can you stay on this topic or shall I just quit paying attention to your off topic insinuations.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare
Trump is the topic of this thread, not the other guy. Do you care to discuss Trumps failed excuse of ''sarcasm'' or his use of a verb that in no way explains what he was doing or saying? Carewhat? Do you care? Try it, Try addressing the topic rather than just jumping off topic with whataboutism.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 02:14 AM
link   

"Interpose"

Because he can't say "trans-"....

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 02:28 AM
link   

One one hand we have a guy who may or may have not used the term "interpose" wrong.

The guy in office though, can't even remember who is alive and who is dead......

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Granted you're right. Then what? Impeach for an incorrect use of language?

What do we do then about Brandon, who confuses alive people with dead ones, doesn't remember his own son, can't remember presidents names or where he is? Do we just. . . . Pretend that's not happening?

What do we do about the fact that prosecutors have noticed that he's a senior, brain addled cabbage, and his own DEFENCE SEC' isn't even talking to him!!!?

What do we do..... OH I know! We'll pick on Trumps use of a word, weeks later, for lols?

Priories anyone?

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Was Trump being sarcastic when he said he'd tell Putin to roll into Europe if he didn't get their last buck?

Trump is a menace. And those who support him ARE deplorable.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Careful with that bigotry.

No one is calling you pedo loving, gender confusing, Satanic appeasing malcontents.

The current pres literally sniffs children. What will it take for you Dems to realise evil when you see it.a reply to: Disgusted123

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Oh, I see now, he wasn't doing a brain slip here, he was being sarcastic.

Worst sarcasm ever , not sure even Trump got it.

Upper age limit for a leader should be 65 , before sarcasm sets in.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Trump says he purposely conflated Pelosi with Haley

Don't care.
He tried to joke around.
It fell flat.
If he was actually mixing things up by mistake it would be happening more.
Like with Biden. That's a mess.
Trump is obviously not suffering from dementia or alzheimers.
(That being said ... I think both BIden and Trump are too old for the job.)

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 04:43 AM
link   

One other thing though, three times he used variations on the verb, interpose in that short excuse for his earlier comments. I was hard put to understand him. See, I have never heard the word ''interpose'' used in that manner. So I looked it up and here is what I found

www.merriam-webster.com...

a
: to place in an intervening position
b
: to put (oneself) between : intrude
: to put forth by way of interference or intervention
: to introduce or throw in between the parts of a conversation or argument

So apparently, he has found a way to use the word ''interpose'' that is beyond even the scope of Websters Dictionary.

Now look up "debanking"...like SNL should have.
edit on 15-2-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I get what he was doing.
Haley = Pelosi.

It's just like the way leftists keep calling Trump "Hitler".
edit on 15-2-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join