It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British patriot arrested for carrying British flag

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Absolutely outragious! Hate the smug smiles on the Palestinian protesters
F*ng pieces of work they are , they should be ashamed of themselves, but off course as good behaviour is punished nowdays , shame for those deserving is in the past.

Things better stop going the direction they're going or it will be NK globally:

Oh and the same thing happened in Australia just recently:

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:18 AM
link   

edit on 2/8/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

I doubt very much that these people were arrested for the display of their country's flags, because there is no law against it, and so officers of the law are not able to arrest someone on those grounds.

I believe the commentary on both these videos is a rather obvious misrepresentation of what was happening.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I doubt very much that these people were arrested for the display of their country's flags, because there is no law against it, and so officers of the law are not able to arrest someone on those grounds.

I believe the commentary on both these videos is a rather obvious misrepresentation of what was happening.

And then read the comments under the video and you'll know what the problem is in this day and age. Nobody questions it, everyone just barks loudly and shouts the usual slogans: Get rid of the government, foreigners are overrunning us, the police want to silence us proud patriots etc ...

It's not about truths or facts, just about channelling their displeasure and continuing to promote hatred and division. But to be fair i didnt found anything about this case, so we dont know the reason for this arrest.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:13 AM
link   
There might not be a law against it but it doesnt stop the bill nicking you, just like they did to that person singing gospel songs the other day...Came up with a line that you cant sing christian songs outside of a church.

Its getting to the stage where if you are a white native, you best ignore the cops and just gang up to take the law into your own hands cos the state hates you.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Just to point out the fellow speaking in the video for the first 12 seconds sounds a lot more Scottish than English.

As to my own feelings on the matter, i think they should all calm the feck down and go home, both sides.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The guy in the top video was arrested for racist and homophobic abuse, not carrying a flag.

Police respond to false claims man arrested for flying Union Flag.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
The guy in the top video was arrested for racist and homophobic abuse, not carrying a flag.

the question is: why didn't the poster research this before opening this thread? did he perhaps not care?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

They will indeed jail you if you refuse to comply with the wishes of the Police.

For real or imagined reasons, it matters little to that lot.

And thats just how they bastards roll.

Edit: By the looks of it the perp, as others have pointed out, was charged with racist and homophobic offenses.

So it's not like he was making it hard for them.

Good luck to him, as judges really don't like that in this day of age.

And tend to come down rather harshly on those who choose to commit offenses that surround racial, religious, or those of a homophobic nature.
edit on 8-2-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Thanks for clarifying and for the link.
There is a lot of false information (including pieces of news) in various threads but it's great when it is called out.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

They will indeed jail you if you refuse to comply with the wishes of the Police.

For real or imagined reasons, it matters little to that lot.

And thats just how they bastards roll.

Edit: And by the looks of it the perp, and as others have pointed out, he was charged with racist and homophobic offenses, so its not like he was making it hard for them.

Good luck to him, as judges really don't like that in this day of age.

And tend to come down rather harshly on those who choose to commit offenses that surround racial religious or those of a homophobic nature.

It is how they roll, but to my mind they seem far more worried about being accused of being racist or islamaphobic than being accused of being too harsh on white folks.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:47 AM
link   

That's on the mark buddy, same with social workers by all accounts.

But it doesn't change the fact that people who say and do stupid things tend to win silly prizes.

The fellow did himself no favors and now he may well have to explain his antics in front of a judge.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

No argument there.
The whole thing is rotten.
Moreso when a bloke like that is held up as representative of the average person in the street.
The cops are a mess and dare I say it, probably need disbanding and replacing with something else that actually protects the interests of the ordinary citizen rather than the "King's peace" which is what they currently do.

edit on thpThu, 08 Feb 2024 05:59:07 -060020242024-02-08T05:59:07-06:00kAmerica/Chicago29000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Best to be avoided really considering some of the things they have been know to do and the corruption within the force.

The thing is without a Police force to intervene the nation would tear itself apart.

There are good and bad sorts in all walks of life.

The problem with the Police is that they choose to close ranks and protect their own, even the bad apples.

So there can be no real trust between the public and the police.

And they only have themselves to blame on that score in this day of age.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Yeah, I watched that programme about Orgreave the other day.

I think a revolution is bloody long overdue.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   

It sounds like a plan mate.

And if i was a younger man.

Without all the emotional and financial baggage that goes hand in hand with family life i would probably wholeheartedly agree that revolution is long overdue.

But here is the thing, when the smoke clears, and the next shower of bastards have control.

What do you think would be left standing and who do you imagine would have to pay the price and clear up the mess?

If indeed Humpty Dumpty could even put the UK back together?

That's us, where it might not be a bed of roses, or anything reminiscent of the sort.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I think talking sense like that on this site oughta be banned

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Depends on the copper from my experiences.

You don't need to know the law much just better than the idiot on the other side of the conversation. Be respectful.

My favourite thing to remind them of is their duty to keep the King's peace and it never takes much conversation for them to relieve me of their presence.

The guy could've been flying a giant inflatable sex toy... It's not the prop that's the problem but the intent behind it and like you say if you're attempting to be baiting or attacking protected groups the courts tend to be a bit heavy. Easy cases are worth celebrating with those fancy clip on bracelets.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It is outrageous and beyond fixing. The entire government is a cesspool like the US and needs to be completely replaced.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Depends on the copper from my experiences.

It does indeed....and also what you have done.

You don't need to know the law much just better than the idiot on the other side of the conversation. Be respectful.

My favourite thing to remind them of is their duty to keep the King's peace and it never takes much conversation for them to relieve me of their presence.

Mark Twain said it best "Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who."

Police can fall into that category although they can also be far from stupid.

Like you suggest it depends on the bobby in question.

The guy could've been flying a giant inflatable sex toy... It's not the prop that's the problem but the intent behind it and like you say if you're attempting to be baiting or attacking protected groups the courts tend to be a bit heavy. Easy cases are worth celebrating with those fancy clip on bracelets.

Well good luck explaining it to a judge, if the jails were not bursting at the seams, or if he has any sort of previous, he could well be getting a little six-month holiday in hell for his troubles.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join