It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the border deal is a joke, and not a funny one.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   
thehill.com...

A proposed deal on border security, announced after long and painstaking negotiations in the Senate, has stumbled out of the gate.

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) has declared the push “dead on arrival.” In the Senate — which is typically more open to bipartisan moderation than the House — at least 19 GOP senators have declared they will vote against the bill.

Once you dig into what this bill does, you find a glaring issue that just can't be ignored. There is a limit to how many encounters they can have in a given week. That number will likely change as this bill is debated. But the trigger here, is that if the "limit" is reached, they will shut down the border. Who is "they", and how will that take place? Am I to understand that the power to shut down the border has existed all along? Biden said he did all he could, and needed more money.

"I've done all I can do. Just give me the power. Give me the border patrol. Give me the people. The judges. Give me the people who can stop this and make it work right," Biden told reporters.

link to source

So either Joe is lying....again. Or everyone who drafted this bill did. It can't be both.

The border cannot be hidden anymore. Everyone now knows it's an issue, and the MSM gaslighting won't work any longer. And all this, just months before the election. An election Joe Biden claims to be the nominee for, yet, can't speak in full sentences without screwing things up.

So what's the deal? Can the border just be "shut down", or is that a myth, like Antifa?

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Saw a video where Al Sharpton is calling it an invasion at the border, but still blaming Republicans because they won't pass this horrible bill.

Kids don't count in the totals
Got aways don't count, its actual encounters
People from certain regions don't count in the total

link   
a reply to: network dude

It's just like nearly every other bill they pass; it has a flashy title that seems to go along with what you, the voter, wants to hear. That title is what they repeat over and over again with their own added commentary to try and win people over.

9 times out of 10, however, that title is descriptive of 2-3 sentences within the bill either right at the beginning or at the very end, with the rest of the several hundred pages (or more) being laws and funding for their pet projects..... funding for other departments, other countries, sometimes completely unrelated statutes and provisions that they sneak in.

Lucky for us, we're getting a little bit better at reading through things, as opposed to the oldie but a goodie - "YoU nEeD tO pAsS iT iN oRdEr To ReAd iT!" - from the Skeletal husk of the person that is Pelosi, for those that don't remember lol

Like you say though, this is an extremely interesting joke of a bill because based on their number "cap" in place on border crossers, NOTHING WOULD CHANGE!!! At best, the numbers would magically adjust and stay around the 5k mark for the foreseeable future.

Let's also keep in mind that the (abysmal) funding for the border goes more towards shelter, attorneys, judges, fees, food, etc to help them beat the law and stay in the country, as opposed to actual enforcement of the law and deportation/sending em back packing the way they came.

It's not just a joke, it's a punch right to the d*ck

link   
You know how concerned the general public is with this "invasion"....they aren't, no one outside of MSM is talking about it being an issue. It's only an issue in the largest cities and because it's an election year. I'd say 95% of the state of WI where I am doesn't care at all. Stop trying to make it a thing, it's a tired issue that comes up every 4 years. They can fix it, they just choose not to. It's not a left or right thing otherwise Trump and the GOP would have corrected it...right....

So lets move on to things that actually matter, like corporate greed squeezing US citizens bone dry. It isn't inflation, it's corporate greed.

originally posted by: network dude
thehill.com...

A proposed deal on border security, announced after long and painstaking negotiations in the Senate, has stumbled out of the gate.

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) has declared the push “dead on arrival.” In the Senate — which is typically more open to bipartisan moderation than the House — at least 19 GOP senators have declared they will vote against the bill.

Once you dig into what this bill does, you find a glaring issue that just can't be ignored. There is a limit to how many encounters they can have in a given week. That number will likely change as this bill is debated. But the trigger here, is that if the "limit" is reached, they will shut down the border. Who is "they", and how will that take place? Am I to understand that the power to shut down the border has existed all along? Biden said he did all he could, and needed more money.

"I've done all I can do. Just give me the power. Give me the border patrol. Give me the people. The judges. Give me the people who can stop this and make it work right," Biden told reporters.

link to source

So either Joe is lying....again. Or everyone who drafted this bill did. It can't be both.

The border cannot be hidden anymore. Everyone now knows it's an issue, and the MSM gaslighting won't work any longer. And all this, just months before the election. An election Joe Biden claims to be the nominee for, yet, can't speak in full sentences without screwing things up.

So what's the deal? Can the border just be "shut down", or is that a myth, like Antifa?

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mechtech87

It's not a left or right thing otherwise Trump and the GOP would have corrected it

He did. Then his efforts were overturned.

The problem with most people is their memory - if it didn't happen within the last week, it never happened at all.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mechtech87
You know how concerned the general public is with this "invasion"....they aren't, no one outside of MSM is talking about it being an issue. It's only an issue in the largest cities and because it's an election year. I'd say 95% of the state of WI where I am doesn't care at all. Stop trying to make it a thing, it's a tired issue that comes up every 4 years. They can fix it, they just choose not to. It's not a left or right thing otherwise Trump and the GOP would have corrected it...right....

So lets move on to things that actually matter, like corporate greed squeezing US citizens bone dry. It isn't inflation, it's corporate greed.

originally posted by: network dude
thehill.com...

link to source

if that makes you sleep better, you do you. But you really can't ignore reality in favor of whatever fantasy you wish to reside in currently.

www.pewresearch.org...

eta:
and go to a grocery store and ask to speak to the manager. (not in a Karen kind of way) but ask questions as to why they have inflated prices. Perhaps learn a bit about how commerce works. Then listen to the talking points you are puking up again.
edit on 6-2-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If you remember, and if I remember correctly, JFK closed the border down in the 60s so that those who here could assimilate.

It is not hard to close.and legally, they can.

If fact, this administration is not stopping the flow on purpose. They know Biden can't win, so they need the illegals here. I predict Trump will hit over 85 million legal votes...they need more bodies for the steal....I mean win.

And that is a textbook insurrection.

However, to any GOP staffers here, don't start the impeachment of Biden until after the election. You will give them fodder for the election.

Pelosi has set the bar They impeached Trump after the election for pure political reasons. You guys can do it, too. Whether he wins or loses, start the Wed after the election.

And since there is proof, lock him up after a fair trial, not the BS the dems pulled.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Anyone with a brain knows.

NO NEW BILLS ARE NEEDED!!!!

Just enforce the laws already on the books.

This is only about getting something else, and looking like they are doing something.

It needs to stop.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

no need for impeachment, the ruling was Trump doesn't have immunity for when he was in office. Know that that means? Joetato doesn't either. So just wait until Jan 21, 2025, and throw his old decrepit ass in jail. That is also now the norm, so it's not like anyone can say, "that's unprecedented!"

it's getting more comical as the days progress.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There are numerous issues with this bill. Among them is this huge glaring one:
Texas officials: Border bill would codify mass migration, strip states of self-defense rights

One provision in the bill would prevent judges in federal courts in any state from ruling on lawsuits filed by states, essentially neutering states like Texas, Florida, Louisiana and others whose federal judges have ruled against the Biden administration in lawsuits filed over border-related measures over the past three years. It states, "The United States District Court for the District of Columbia shall have sole and original jurisdiction to hear challenges, whether constitutional or otherwise, to the validity of this section or any written policy directive, written policy guideline, written procedure, or the implementation thereof." “Texas stripped of powers in border security bill," Abbott said in response. "This is unacceptable.”

www.thecentersquare.com...

Page 221 of bill here:

www.appropriations.senate.gov...

edit on 6-2-2024 by OnlyYouKnow2 because: Add links

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Wait another year?
Maybe vote our way out?
How about a full military takover of our entire political class today?
Pres, congress, judges, the banking system
Every single person.
This is far beyond a reasonable political solution.
Our system is under occupation.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Wait another year?
Maybe vote our way out?
How about a full military takover of our entire political class today?
Pres, congress, judges, the banking system
Every single person.
This is far beyond a reasonable political solution.
Our system is under occupation.

So would this be a military Junta in charge or a full "Starship Troopers" style of two tier citizen type of society?

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Horse sh1t. US code Title 8 section 12,
myattorneyusa... .com/scope-and-history-of-section-212f-presidential-authority-to-suspendrestrict-entry-by-proclamation

Statute
Section 212(f) of the INA reads as follows:

f. Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

Go to the 10 minute mark.

edit on 6-2-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

Oh, and by the way, so much for separating the border issue from aid to Israel AND Ukraine AND Taiwan into separate bills. That was a joke on us.
edit on 6-2-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Q&A with an Expert who has analyzed the bill, finds that buried in the numbers is a Trojan Horse. It sends billions of dollars to Sanctuary Cities and States to get those mayors off of Biden's azz, and pay for Schooling, Lodging, Clothing, and $1,000 @ month (NYCity) in spending money for the future Democrat voters. (Even as soon as Nov 2024, actually.)

I hesitate to give you the exact figure right now, but that’s a significant $10-plus billion will go to sanctuary cities who in turn pay for the contractors they hire to deal with the migrant illegal alien crisis.

Keep in mind, though, that over less than a year ago, actually, Sen. Lankford introduced a bill to ban any and all money going to sanctuary cities. You have Sen. Lankford on the record with, I think, about 20 other Republicans saying, “Here, here’s what we want to do with sanctuary cities. We want to end all money to them.”

Then, less than a year later, he comes out with the bill to give them the biggest payday of their lives. For that reason alone, this is a flip-flop of epic proportions.
Source: www.dailysignal.com...

THIS IS A GOLDEN GOOSE FOR ALL THE WRONG PEOPLE.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Biden has the authority to close the border now, to use existing laws and punish get rid off all illegals here now.

This bill, by both republicans and democrats, legalizes illegals.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I want to add, this bill is like calling it the "Fluffy Kittens For Jesus Act", but the contents are all about raping dead nuns.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

That includes "Asylum" "Seekers" too 😀

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   

edit on 6-2-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   
"Border Bill" co-author, Senator Lankford, will likely vote against his horrible bill tomorrow.

theconservativetreehouse.com... -legislation/

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

How can they shut it down? Its so long! Plus I'm sure they'll be floating thru the gulf on mattresses next. Only solution if they really want to lock it down is deploy the national guard from all states to take up positions on the border. There are not enough border patrol agents to do this job. Should have hired more of them instead of IRS agents I guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join