It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucker Carlson in Moscow; reaction of Western and Russian media

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WaESN
You have to remember that outside of the USA (ie nearly the whole planet and most of the people thereon) no-one knows who this Tucker guy is, nor cares.

in certain circles around the globe (pro-trump, pro- russia, pro everything that hates exactly the same things) he is very popular. a soft agitator who has made a lot of money with fear and paranoia. let's see, maybe he will actually behave like a journalist and ask putin a lot of unpleasant questions. about the reason for his special operation, for example.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Putin is not a good person. Not a leader worth emulating but he is a leader of one of the largest nations on Earth.

My question is that why are folks who agree with the above so worried about what he may say to an American journalist?

The spirit of the 1st amendment seems to waver for some folks.

because there is a danger that he will fall for putin, willingly or unwittingly, and allow putin to plant his lies and propaganda in the minds of many viewers. i'm looking forward to the interview. it won't end the war but it will certainly be entertaining - even if people in ukraine for no reason are bombed to death by russian rockets in the meantime.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: malte86

So Tucker shouldn't interview Putin because it scares you.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   

So Tucker shouldn't interview Putin because it scares you.

Thanks.

It doesn't matter what i want, he'll do the interview. And hopefully not screw it up. Although English is not my first language I think I explained the meaning behind "fear" at the end of the sentence.

But Putin himself seems somewhat afraid, because he basically does not give interviews to critics.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   

It would seem that "critics" is fickle and subjective.

Based on history anyway...

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Shadows of Power

Characters:

Vladimir Putin (P)
Tucker Carlson (T)
Translator (TR)
[The setting is a dimly lit room with a heavy atmosphere. Putin and Carlson sit across from each other at a large table. The translator stands nearby.]

T: Good evening, Mr. Putin. Let's address the elephant in the room – the ongoing conflict in Ukraine. There are widespread allegations of war crimes committed by Russian forces. How do you respond to these accusations?

P: (calmly) Mr. Carlson, these accusations are based on misinformation. Our forces are only defending Russian-speaking minorities in the region, ensuring their safety.

T: (skeptical) But the evidence, Mr. Putin, suggests otherwise. There are reports of civilian casualties, attacks on hospitals, and the use of prohibited weapons.

P: (defensively) The information you receive is often biased. We are conducting a thorough investigation into any alleged incidents, and I assure you, Russia does not condone war crimes.

T: (leaning forward) The world is watching, Mr. Putin. The evidence is mounting. What will it take for Russia to be held accountable for its actions?

P: (evading) Accountability is a two-way street, Mr. Carlson. Let's not forget the role of external actors in fueling the conflict.

[As tension escalates, the translator works diligently to convey the heated exchange between Putin and Carlson.]

TR: (translating) President Putin emphasizes the need for a comprehensive examination of the situation and highlights external factors influencing the conflict.

T: (exasperated) External factors or not, innocent people are suffering. Can you deny the suffering of Ukrainian civilians caught in the crossfire?

P: (leaning back, sternly) The suffering is regrettable, but our actions are a necessary response to protect our interests.

[As the conversation reaches a critical point, the room darkens further, creating an eerie atmosphere. Suddenly, a loud, distant explosion is heard, shaking the room. The lights flicker, and the translator looks alarmed.]

TR: (startled) What was that?

P: (calmly) Probably just a minor disturbance. Let's continue.

[As they try to resume the conversation, the room becomes enveloped in shadows. Strange, ghostly figures appear in the corners, and an unsettling feeling permeates the air.]

T: (nervously) What's happening?

P: (smirking) Just a manifestation of the chaos in the world, Mr. Carlson. The consequences of meddling where one shouldn't.

[The ghostly figures approach, and the room descends into chaos. The lights flicker wildly, and the sounds of distant screams echo. The translator, overwhelmed by fear, collapses. Putin remains composed, watching the horrific scene unfold.]

T: (desperate) What have you done?

P: (sinister) This is the cost of challenging power, Mr. Carlson. Remember, the shadows cast by those in power can be darker than you imagine.

[The room becomes engulfed in darkness, and the chilling laughter of unseen forces echoes, leaving Putin and Carlson in a surreal nightmare with no escape.]

Source: ChatGPT

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It would seem that "critics" is fickle and subjective.

Based on history anyway...

Critics: People who ask him why he attacked a sovereign country. Questioning him about his cyber armies. Inquiring about human rights, press freedom, and asking why people in Russia are not allowed to demonstrate against the war. I mean this war is worth criticizing or not?

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Even if I agree, would it be journalism if Tucker's framing only matches yours?

The problem is that his and my country has the exact same issues.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Even if I agree, would it be journalism if Tucker's framing only matches yours?

The problem is that his and my country has the exact same issues.

Because you're lucky to be able to protest anything and everyone in your country as long as you do it non-violently. You're free to choose who rules you. there are media for all tastes. And you can buy what you want and see what you want. What kind of problems do Russia and USA have that all other countries do not have?

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Because you're lucky to be able to protest anything and everyone in your country as long as you do it non-violently.

This is untrue. Demonstrably.

You're free to choose who rules you.

I'm going to assume that you didn't mean rule and that you mean govern. Even still, very VERY arguable.

And you can buy what you want and see what you want.

Again, arguable.

What kind of problems do Russia and USA have that all other countries do not have?

I think you provided a good list to get started.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You said: "Tucker Carlson isn't qualified to be VPOTUS."

I didn't know there WERE any meaningful qualifications for VPOTUS, considering some of the total trash VPOTUSes the US has already had hahah ... and I don't need to name names

Mr. Carlson is indeed probably better than many, considering.
edit on 6-2-2024 by Fowlerstoad because: .

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

All you need is a bottle of fake tan, half a brain and to be rich and entitled.

or a clueless buffoon backed up by some other billionaire.

All the wrong stuff for a position of great power.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I agree that Tucker one Fox was more often a commentator rather than a journalist.
Now he has his own show, it definitely slants to journalist.

But that shouldn't be a problem as long as people can tell your opinion from facts.
This happened today (journalism) - I think it's wrong/great (commentary).

The problem is when commentary/opinion/lies are really disguised as journalism.

Like Rachel Maddow saying they weren't going to show Trump's speeches because they were afraid of disinformation.
That's not journalism either.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 09:54 PM
link   

edit on 2/6/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Link / source for it ? oh but nobody cant trust Russians claiming anything , so it`s " trust me bro" as usual .

Everyone said Russia lied about the basketball player until she herself confirmed it was the truth too

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
Until the Russians or the Chinese, personally Putin or Helmsman Xi, and at least all the Ayatollahs with the merry fellow Kim...

Quick question. Helmsman Xi, is that a JH15 reference?

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SamOlschyt
Hello. I didn't understand what JH15 is. I called Qin Jin Ping "the helmsman" because that's what they call him in China. A reference to Mao Tse Tong, who was called the "great helmsman", the man who is at the helm of the boat called China.

By the way, Tucker Carlson’s website contains an interview with Putin (PDF), or rather excerpts from the interview.
edit on 7-2-2024 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 04:30 AM
link   
psv4.userapi.com... EJVgCLvxmmPQZJETS6LeX6gRbA4dvB6BicGhhZpClG0S04lCM22RtsV3yroB5rgx6LloYtZdwuep1AL0oN22aqIcrBUbFcomks5V3oRcZ5dn_dK83LXW35hOFwSl-0

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Neither of your links features the Putin interview

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

All you need is a bottle of fake tan, half a brain and to be rich and entitled.

or a clueless buffoon backed up by some other billionaire.

All the wrong stuff for a position of great power.

I'd see a doctor if I were you. Probably a doctor that helps with head issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join