It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you rather...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I present to you the following scenarios.

I ask only that you consider both.

Scenario A

You know a secret.

Everyone you love has absolute faith in you.

Yet you know that you will deceive them all, but you cannot tell them.

This you must do, as it is an unavoidable point fixed in time, which only you bear the burden of.

Scenario B

You know a secret.

Nobody believes in you; no one.

Yet you know that you must commit the ultimate sacrifice for their sake, but they cannot see it.

This you must do, as it is an unavoidable point fixed in time, which only you bear the burden of.

Whilst I wish neither upon you, which of the two would be easier to live with?

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

It wouldn't matter what I think.

Both scenarios make a mockery of free will, there's no escaping the conclusion so I wouldn't see any reason to not disregard notions such as morality or consciousness.

Whilst I wish neither upon you, which of the two would be easier to live with?

I wouldn't be living I'd be acting, the performance was destined anyways.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Past present and future are merged within you.

You create the present moments and you control your future endeavors ...but the past you choose to hold onto or remember steers your choices in the current moment

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   

edit on 2/5/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: geazum

is there some way to auto ban this pinhead? He does the obligatory 5 posts with the dots, then the "Big news coming" with a spyware link, and then the savior begging for cash in exchange for a rim job by a Nigerian prince. it's the same MO each time. If you could delete the accounts right when the first "..." post is made, it would save the mods time to smack us regular folks around some.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

is there some way to auto ban this pinhead? He does the obligatory 5 posts with the dots, then the "Big news coming" with a spyware link, and then the savior begging for cash in exchange for a rim job by a Nigerian prince. it's the same MO each time. If you could delete the accounts right when the first "..." post is made, it would save the mods time to smack us regular folks around some.

Oh god...is this that loser who says he is the messiah but he can't save the world because we haven't donated enough money to him right!? I dont know just how pathetic you have to be to act like he does and no guy nobody is ever going to give you a dime cuz you're a worthless, do nothing, know nothing psychopath.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Well, in the second case, you'd be dead, wouldn't you? When we say 'the ultimate sacrifice' we tend to mean our lives. So in that case the first option would obviously be harder to live with. Because with the second you'd be dead.

But it's fairly easy. Self-doubt would be your main problem. And you could always explain later.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Two words: 'Kobayashi Maru'.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It's that free will thing again, you must do...no you don't must do...

"When in doubt, my dear fellow, do nothing" Tolstoy

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosOMegas

Oh god...is this that loser who says he is the messiah but he can't save the world because we haven't donated enough money to him right!? I dont know just how pathetic you have to be to act like he does and no guy nobody is ever going to give you a dime cuz you're a worthless, do nothing, know nothing psychopath.

Oh I don't know, it's worth a try. It seems to have worked for Trump.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I choose the scenario C. I will tell the secret to the first random person I meet, then that person will tell some other person and that other person will tell yet another person and then we will see what will happen.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

"To Thine Own Self Be True!"

We must do that which we, in our most basic, true, and most honest "heart of hearts", know to be correct....regardless of what others might perceive or judge of us.

But, to a more important point:

No point is ever "fixed in time", because Time, itself is fluid.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Is silence a deception? And how is this point in time established?
The second choice that demands the ultimate sacrifice, death I presume', is impossible to LIVE with, so naturally the first option is the only option.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

My word is my bond, and I have come to believe that honesty is the best policy. If I know a secret, and I've promised not to tell, then I won't tell, no matter what. I may admit to knowing the secret, but I will not reveal it.

I tell everyone I know not to tell me secrets if they don't want anyone else knowing. I don't want to commit myself to keeping the secret. Sometimes I speak before I think, and I don't want to accidentally disclose anything I shouldn't.

Life can be pretty simple when you don't feel the need to deceive anyone. BTW, I suck at poker.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

Your obsession with Trump seems to now be bordering on mental illness. Perhaps you'd be able to enjoy life more if you got some professional help?

Just a suggestion out of concern for your wellbeing, my friend.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

I thought your joke was humorous.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   
"May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears." Nelson Mandela

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You GO N.D!✌️

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

"Easier to LIVE with"?. Answers obvious. The one that keeps me alive.
edit on 02245929America/ChicagoMon, 05 Feb 2024 14:38:59 -060038202400000059 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You just stole the plot from Dr Who : The End of Time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join