It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Why Files Panspermia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 01:17 AM
link   
You can skip to 3:10 and miss the Ad. I personally feel there is much truth in Panspermia as our sensors and telescopes have detected all the building blocks of life in the universe where ever they are pointed to look. youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Tardigrades are the first animals on microscopic level.
Cute weird creepy things
can survive space.
interesting
13.25 time

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Just finished watching this and here is an OP on the vid! Octopi.

All hail our alien overlords.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax
and they grow back their limbs

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I think I am a convert to WF now
yet to see a bad one.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: alwaysbeenhere2
and they grow back their limbs

What if you cut their heads off?

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yeah, I think us eating them isn't the best idea we ever had.
Just doesn't seem right.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Yeah, I think us eating them isn't the best idea we ever had.
Just doesn't seem right.

One thing's for sure, I'll never eat another.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It does kind of put the abductions and probings in a new light though.

(Imagine) so you like to eat our primitive ancestors, do you? Stick it in him Shirley!
👍

a reply to: chiefsmom

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The why files rarely (if ever) disappoints and this episode is a real stand out, one of the best for a long time

And hecklefish never jokes about the Clinton’s, wise fish

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I'd watch the Why Files more often but I simply CANNOT stand that Heckle fish lol

edit on 2-2-2024 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I can’t stand Hecklefish, ruins the flow and isn’t really that funny. The Deep Dive episodes are better because he’s not on them from what I noticed.

Personally, I don’t think Aliens seeded the planet with life, but I do accept that they probably had a hand in creating us, and we don’t own the Earth.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
You can skip to 3:10 and miss the Ad. I personally feel there is much truth in Panspermia as our sensors and telescopes have detected all the building blocks of life in the universe where ever they are pointed to look. youtu.be...

Panspermia is a process based on abiogenesis but at different places and times in the universe. The origins of life are thought to be abiogenesis or panspermia but in reality is one and the same process with the only difference the place/time where life emerged from non living matter. Chances are very likely life has evolved independently in many different parts of the universe.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Venkuish1

Are we still guessing how exactly the compounds come together and form living cells?

What's the ratio we manage to recreate life, what's the actual chance you know that number that we managed to scientifically deduce from countless instances of creating life.... so much so we can have an guesstimate for chances of life forming?

As far as I'm aware, It's just our best guess and selling it as the truth of the matter is snakeoil salesman tactics not a scientifically honest one

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot
I dont know..
maybe try cutting your own off..looool

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Are we still guessing how exactly the compounds come together and form living cells?

What's the ratio we manage to recreate life, what's the actual chance you know that number that we managed to scientifically deduce from countless instances of creating life.... so much so we can have an guesstimate for chances of life forming?

As far as I'm aware, It's just our best guess and selling it as the truth of the matter is snakeoil salesman tactics not a scientifically honest one

The most plausible hypothesis and the only that has merits. There is plenty of evidence abiogenesis is the way life is created in the first place. We start with the Urey-Miller experiment for those who are not familiar with the subject and we ignore the creationist nonsense we have seen in some of the threads who postulate intelligent design, floods, miracles, resurrected from the dead, and the usual stories.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Ignore away but that's not really the motto around here..

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Octopussy FTW

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
Ignore away but that's not really the motto around here..

Deny ignorance is the motto so I encourage everyone to read because there seems to be many gaps in the basics. And abiogenesis is not a 'guess' but a scientific hypothesis based on facts. Hypothesis and scientific theory- like evolution. That's how it goes and as time passes a hypothesis can become a scientific theory. Most likely abiogenesis will become a scientific theory in the next few decades.

Speaking of guess work and fiction I will recommend the Bible or the Quran.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Most likely abiogenesis will become a scientific theory in the next few decades.

I wouldn't hold my breath... AI and ET might throw a curve ball into the scientific establishment.

As for lecture... a book called the new inquisition is a great read to understand the mass psychology applied by the scientific establishment which has been religions resource for a long time and is, since the illumination period and the subsequent separation of state and religion, just a division of power...
edit on 3-2-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join