It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of all breaches data leak reveals 26 billion account Twitter, LinkedIn, etc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I just saw this ,and from what I've heard it's more than just Twitter, Telegram, linkedln , Venmo , but I don't know the full extent.

Infuriating. As if life is not stressful enough already:

NY post article from 3 days ago

edit on 26-1-2024 by ScarletDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

The largest amount of data exposed is from the Chinese instant messaging platform Tencent, with 1.4 billion records compromised.

Crikey.

Cheers

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Let someone try to steal my identity; they'll apologize and give it back within 24 hours.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Glad to say I don't have an account with any of those sites. My instant reaction is this is a cyber war and attack on our privacy...there really should be some sort of punitive damages done onto those outside hackers or those responsible for leaking information to allow for the compromise of accounts to occur.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You can enter your email to check if your data has been leaked and where:
cybernews.com...

I checked it and it's legit. My info on several sites outside of social media platforms was leaked.

First, I entered a made up email and it said it was okay for now.
Then I entered an email that I know and it was compromised. I again entered a bogus made up on the spot email address and again it said it was fine.
I then put in another email account I know and it was leaked as well. So.....

Either I have the worst of luck or the above site is at least legit as far as checking to see.

ITS NOT JUST SOCIAL MEDIA. ITS ALL OVER THE PLACE.

My info was leaked from an online mycology supply store I used for school 8 years ago!
🤷🏻

edit on 26-1-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

Let someone try to steal my identity; they'll apologize and give it back within 24 hours.

lol... Reminds me of the old Henny Youngman joke where he said his wife's credit card was stolen. "I didn't report it, because the thief is spending less than she does!"

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The title of the article and similar articles is a bit misleading because its not a new leak or some new exploit. What it is a collection of information from past leaks combined into a more consumable single source of truth for any bad actors out there. Not saying that its not relevant because of this but its not the same as someone hitting a 0 day and then dropping 10 million records.

Taken from the source.

The one glimmer of hope, though, is that the 12 terabytes of data, which appears to be a meticulous compilation of many breaches (COMB), does not contain anything “newly stolen.”

nypost.com... eaches/

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The title of the article and similar articles is a bit misleading because its not a new leak or some new exploit. What it is a collection of information from past leaks combined into a more consumable single source of truth for any bad actors out there. Not saying that its not relevant because of this but its not the same as someone hitting a 0 day and then dropping 10 million records.

Taken from the source.

The one glimmer of hope, though, is that the 12 terabytes of data, which appears to be a meticulous compilation of many breaches (COMB), does not contain anything “newly stolen.”

nypost.com... eaches/

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Let's pretend there's something some agency doesn't know about you just to satisfy an ego. We've all been compromised digitally long ago. The best you can do is act as unpredictable as possible but how possible is that even knowing you work, pay bills, do the same # every day.

Old news made new for jaws that don't like bubblegum that need to yap or fingers that need to poke a screen.

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

I checked out the site you mentioned and it says my data has been leaked 10 times, then offered to see me password protection. I've only visited three of the named sites.

I've been notified several times in the last three or so years that my data has been leaked from medical facilities (including the University of Washington, where I had surgery in 2013) and one time from my local credit union.

I just got a notice in the mail last week notifying me of another breach of medical information with instructions on how to join the class action lawsuit.

I'm too old to worry about #e like this; the worst they could do is steal my birthday. Actually, that would't be so bad.

I do feel sorry for younger people, though; as this keeps ramping up it's inevitable the the government will haveto step in to protect you all by taking total control of all information on the net.

1984 arrived 4 decades late. Who knew Orwell was a prophet and a seer?

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 05:02 AM
link   

edit on 1/27/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Wait until people learn that Sam Altman was fired from open AI because his new AI toy had cracked the hardest encryption there is , including bit coin etc according to Internet rumours

Nothing is safe online if it is stored , and now with open AI working for the military all that hidden lost bitcoin may be getting mined .

Seen things vanish or get deleted , you soon will ,I, am

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I wounder how they get the E-mails of Active people to steal what they have?

"You can enter your email to check if your data has been leaked and where:
cybernews.com."

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

They won't steal your identity, just create a new one! Maybe change to the opposite sex even.

new topics

top topics

join