It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encoded information is evidence of Intelligent Design

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
How can you have encoded information without intelligent design? Atheists and materialists think we come from a mindless soup of chemicals. Most people reject such a notion. This is why atheists and agnostics only make up 7-8% of the population.

According to sociologist Phil Zuckerman, broad estimates of those who have an absence of belief in a deity range from 500 to 750 million people worldwide.[5] Other estimates state that there are 200 million to 240 million self-identified atheists worldwide, with China and Russia being major contributors to those figures.[3] According to sociologists Ariela Keysar and Juhem Navarro-Rivera's review of numerous global studies on atheism, there are 450 to 500 million positive atheists and agnostics worldwide (7% of the world's population) with China alone accounting for 200 million of that demographic.[6]
en.wikipedia.org...

It's no surprise that most atheists are in communist China. Atheists substitute God with Government.

As humans, we can identify design features. The design features in the universe are clear in different areas but for this post I'm going to concentrate on information. First, what is a design inference? Mathematician and Philosopher William Dembski gives an example in the video below.

He talks about how a Quant recognized Bernie Madoff's scheme using odds against chance. He noticed Bernie had 3 downturns in 89 months when the average downturns for most funds was 29-30 downturns over 89 months. The odds against chance was like 1 in 50 billion. So from this calculation he concluded the Bernie was running a ponzi scheme.

The point is, in every case we infer Intelligent Design when the odds against chance are so great except with the universe. When it comes to the universe, the godless will say anything can happen even though we see precision and fine tuning throughout Creation. The Bible says this:

Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

That word framed means to put in place or put together. Many Christians pursued science because they wanted to discover the laws God used to Create the universe and the Fingerprints of God's design are all over the place.

How do we create bits of information? Just about everything we do in the modern world is built on 1's and 0's and eventually qubits if they scale up Quantum Computers. Where do these 1's and 0's come from? They come from an intelligent mind encoding sequence with information.

If I say if my porch light is on I'm home but if my porch light is off then I'm not home, I have encoded a bit of information on the sequence of porch light on/off. Another intelligent mind that knows the encoded information in the sequence can decode the sequence and if they see my porch light on stop by if it's off they keep driving.

The sequence of the porch light on/off is just a medium I use to encode information. It's the same way in a computer.

In a computer, information travels over wires. The easiest way to convey information in a wire is to consider it "on" or "off", based on how much electricity is going through it. An "on" wire represents a 1, and an "off" wire represents a 0.This small piece of information is called a "bit", and it's the smallest piece of information that computers process.

How much electricity is "enough"? That depends on the transistor and its threshold voltage. If an engineer uses a transistor with a threshold voltage of 4.5 volts, then any voltage of 4.5 or higher will turn the transistor on. At lower voltages, the transistor stays off.

bits

So it's the same as my porch light. Just like the bit of information doesn't come from the porch light but my intelligent mind encodes a bit of information in the sequence porch light on/off, in a computer it's based on high voltage 1 low or no voltage 0. Qubits are the same and you have to create qubits with things like magnetic pulses to encode 1 and 0 on its superposition.

You then have to have the precise architecture to then encode these 1's and 0's with information that allows you to watch YouTube, use GPS or surf the internet. Think about that. All of those encoded 1's and 0's are created by intelligence by manipulating a medium to give you a sequence of on/off or 1/0. We see this with DNA and the genetic code.

When you look at the genetic code, it's an encoding/decoding system. The sequences a,t,c and g are put into 3 letter codons and encoded with information about a amino acid or stop/start to tell the DNA sequence when to start and stop being read. How can anything natural tell machinery to start reading encoded information?

Remember, this is just information. The actual amino acid doesn't come into play until the polypeptide chain. So just pure information governs the order of amino acids in a DNA sequence and this information is encoded onto 3 letter codons that have redundancy to protect information as it's being copied.

CONT'D

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Look at the amino acid Valine(val). You see the letters GTT, GTA, GTC and GTG. This is redundancy to protect the coded information as it goes through a communication channel from the DNA sequence to the polypeptide chain. It's used by intelligent designers to protect encoded information. How did anything natural encode pure information onto the sequence of four codons? That can't happen without an intelligent mind. It's no different from the example of the porch light on/off or bits in a computer.

What are the odds of a protein forming by chance? Remember, the Quant was convinced that Madoff was running a scheme because he had 3 downturns in 89 months vs most funds who have 29-30 downturns in 89 months. There was like a 1 in 50 billion chance this was anything natural. Let's look at some numbers with a protein.

The Odds of a Cell Forming Randomly by Chance Alone

…in nature every amino acid found in proteins…has a distinct mirror image of itself; there is one left-handed version, or L-form, and one right-handed version, or D-form…The probability of attaining, at random, only L-amino acids in a hypothetical peptide chain 150 amino acids long is…again roughly 1 chance in 10^45.

The results of a paper he published in 2004 were particularly telling. Axe performed a mutagenesis experiment using his refined method on a functionally significant 150-amino-acid section of a protein called betalactamase, an enzyme that confers antibiotic resistance uopn bacteria. On the basis of his experiments, Axe was able to make a careful estimate of the ratio of (a) the number of 150-amino-acid-sequences that can perform that particular function to (b) the whole set of possible amino-acid sequences of this length. Axe estimated this ratio to be a 1 to 10^77.

If we assume that a minimally complex cell needs at least 250 proteins of, on average, 150 amino acids and that the probability of producing just one such protein is 1 in 10^164 as calculated above, then the probability of producing all the necessary proteins needed to service a minimally complex cell is 1 in 10^164 multiplied by itself 250 times, or 1 in 10^41,000.

cyberpenance.wordpress.com...

It's easy to make a design inference with evolution.

Finally, I want to talk about quantum mechanics. Quantum mechanics shows there's clear purpose in the design of the universe. The Bible says:

Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

That word framed means to put in place or to put together. So the Word of God(Jesus) framed the universe. This is why many Christians got into science. They wanted to discover the laws God put in place to Create the universe.

With quantum mechanics, it's clear that the universe was designed to store, process, transfer and compute quantum and classical information.

We use quantum superposition to encode qubits

We use quantum entanglement to correlate quantum information and build quantum error correcting codes.

We use quantum teleportation and quantum tunneling to transfer quantum information, build quantum gates and quantum algorithms and eventually a quantum internet.

We use counterfactual communication in quantum cryptography

Like I said earlier about the computer, we have to create bits by encoding them on a medium. You then have to have the precise architecture to encode those bits and qubits with information.

God designed or framed the universe with the precise architecture(quantum mechanics) to store, compute, process and transfer quantum information and on top of that classical information.

M.I.T. Professor Seth Lloyd says the universe is a quantum computer. Physicists Susskind and Preskill say that spacetime is a quantum error correcting code. Recent research says that quantum gates can form outside of black holes.

Quantum computers and black holes

The geometry of spacetime around a black hole behaves like a quantum computer, and it can encode photons with quantum messages, according to a new paper in the journal Annals of Physics. The author suggests that this means quantum computers could be used to decode some of the mysteries of the universe.

www.journals.elsevier.com...

Also, scientists have said an advanced civilization could use black holes as quantum computers.

Physicists Say Aliens May Be Using Black Holes as Quantum Computers
www.sciencealert.com...

Again, there's clear evidence of Intelligent Design with information. Chuck Missler used to say In the Beginning was the Word(information).

Remember, Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographicpart2
Look at the amino acid Valine(val). You see the letters GTT, GTA, GTC and GTG. This is redundancy to protect the coded information as it goes through a communication channel from the DNA sequence to the polypeptide chain. It's used by intelligent designers to protect encoded information. How did anything natural encode pure information onto the sequence of four codons? That can't happen without an intelligent mind. It's no different from the example of the porch light on/off or bits in a computer.

What are the odds of a protein forming by chance? Remember, the Quant was convinced that Madoff was running a scheme because he had 3 downturns in 89 months vs most funds who have 29-30 downturns in 89 months. There was like a 1 in 50 billion chance this was anything natural. Let's look at some numbers with a protein.

The Odds of a Cell Forming Randomly by Chance Alone

…in nature every amino acid found in proteins…has a distinct mirror image of itself; there is one left-handed version, or L-form, and one right-handed version, or D-form…The probability of attaining, at random, only L-amino acids in a hypothetical peptide chain 150 amino acids long is…again roughly 1 chance in 10^45.

The results of a paper he published in 2004 were particularly telling. Axe performed a mutagenesis experiment using his refined method on a functionally significant 150-amino-acid section of a protein called betalactamase, an enzyme that confers antibiotic resistance uopn bacteria. On the basis of his experiments, Axe was able to make a careful estimate of the ratio of (a) the number of 150-amino-acid-sequences that can perform that particular function to (b) the whole set of possible amino-acid sequences of this length. Axe estimated this ratio to be a 1 to 10^77.

If we assume that a minimally complex cell needs at least 250 proteins of, on average, 150 amino acids and that the probability of producing just one such protein is 1 in 10^164 as calculated above, then the probability of producing all the necessary proteins needed to service a minimally complex cell is 1 in 10^164 multiplied by itself 250 times, or 1 in 10^41,000.

cyberpenance.wordpress.com...

It's easy to make a design inference with evolution.

Finally, I want to talk about quantum mechanics. Quantum mechanics shows there's clear purpose in the design of the universe. The Bible says:

That word framed means to put in place or to put together. So the Word of God(Jesus) framed the universe. This is why many Christians got into science. They wanted to discover the laws God put in place to Create the universe.

With quantum mechanics, it's clear that the universe was designed to store, process, transfer and compute quantum and classical information.

We use quantum superposition to encode qubits

We use quantum entanglement to correlate quantum information and build quantum error correcting codes.

We use quantum teleportation and quantum tunneling to transfer quantum information, build quantum gates and quantum algorithms and eventually a quantum internet.

We use counterfactual communication in quantum cryptography

Like I said earlier about the computer, we have to create bits by encoding them on a medium. You then have to have the precise architecture to encode those bits and qubits with information.

God designed or framed the universe with the precise architecture(quantum mechanics) to store, compute, process and transfer quantum information and on top of that classical information.

M.I.T. Professor Seth Lloyd says the universe is a quantum computer. Physicists Susskind and Preskill say that spacetime is a quantum error correcting code. Recent research says that quantum gates can form outside of black holes.

Quantum computers and black holes

The geometry of spacetime around a black hole behaves like a quantum computer, and it can encode photons with quantum messages, according to a new paper in the journal Annals of Physics. The author suggests that this means quantum computers could be used to decode some of the mysteries of the universe.

www.journals.elsevier.com...

Also, scientists have said an advanced civilization could use black holes as quantum computers.

Physicists Say Aliens May Be Using Black Holes as Quantum Computers
www.sciencealert.com...

Again, there's clear evidence of Intelligent Design with information. Chuck Missler used to say In the Beginning was the Word(information).

Remember, Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

So I guess people didn't have any Way, Truth, or Life before Jesus came along?

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The only truths any Person should ever need won't exist outside the self.

Cool bunch of words and science though and Kudos for the effort.

Enjoy the ride.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have very little to no knowledge of religion and I am not a religious person. However, it is clear to me that the world / universe is designed. As an engineer, I see a lot of correlation in the work that our team does daily with what already exists in nature. We live in a world where scientism is the new religion. Scientists consistently come up with explanations that are significantly more unlikely than the simple explanation that the universe is designed. In my opinion as an engineer, and I don't pretend to convince anybody, there is plenty of evidence that the reality we inhabit is the product of mind.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What kind of intelligent design results in children developing cancer?

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Here we go again!

Same arguments that are demonstrably false and show the complete lack of merits for creationism. Several pages on this thread if anyone wants to have a look at.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-1-2024 by Venkuish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographicpart2
How can you have encoded information without intelligent design? Atheists and materialists think we come from a mindless soup of chemicals. Most people reject such a notion. This is why atheists and agnostics only make up 7-8% of the population.

According to sociologist Phil Zuckerman, broad estimates of those who have an absence of belief in a deity range from 500 to 750 million people worldwide.[5] Other estimates state that there are 200 million to 240 million self-identified atheists worldwide, with China and Russia being major contributors to those figures.[3] According to sociologists Ariela Keysar and Juhem Navarro-Rivera's review of numerous global studies on atheism, there are 450 to 500 million positive atheists and agnostics worldwide (7% of the world's population) with China alone accounting for 200 million of that demographic.[6]
en.wikipedia.org...

It's no surprise that most atheists are in communist China. Atheists substitute God with Government.

As humans, we can identify design features. The design features in the universe are clear in different areas but for this post I'm going to concentrate on information. First, what is a design inference? Mathematician and Philosopher William Dembski gives an example in the video below.

He talks about how a Quant recognized Bernie Madoff's scheme using odds against chance. He noticed Bernie had 3 downturns in 89 months when the average downturns for most funds was 29-30 downturns over 89 months. The odds against chance was like 1 in 50 billion. So from this calculation he concluded the Bernie was running a ponzi scheme.

The point is, in every case we infer Intelligent Design when the odds against chance are so great except with the universe. When it comes to the universe, the godless will say anything can happen even though we see precision and fine tuning throughout Creation. The Bible says this:

That word framed means to put in place or put together. Many Christians pursued science because they wanted to discover the laws God used to Create the universe and the Fingerprints of God's design are all over the place.

How do we create bits of information? Just about everything we do in the modern world is built on 1's and 0's and eventually qubits if they scale up Quantum Computers. Where do these 1's and 0's come from? They come from an intelligent mind encoding sequence with information.

If I say if my porch light is on I'm home but if my porch light is off then I'm not home, I have encoded a bit of information on the sequence of porch light on/off. Another intelligent mind that knows the encoded information in the sequence can decode the sequence and if they see my porch light on stop by if it's off they keep driving.

The sequence of the porch light on/off is just a medium I use to encode information. It's the same way in a computer.

In a computer, information travels over wires. The easiest way to convey information in a wire is to consider it "on" or "off", based on how much electricity is going through it. An "on" wire represents a 1, and an "off" wire represents a 0.This small piece of information is called a "bit", and it's the smallest piece of information that computers process.

How much electricity is "enough"? That depends on the transistor and its threshold voltage. If an engineer uses a transistor with a threshold voltage of 4.5 volts, then any voltage of 4.5 or higher will turn the transistor on. At lower voltages, the transistor stays off.

bits

So it's the same as my porch light. Just like the bit of information doesn't come from the porch light but my intelligent mind encodes a bit of information in the sequence porch light on/off, in a computer it's based on high voltage 1 low or no voltage 0. Qubits are the same and you have to create qubits with things like magnetic pulses to encode 1 and 0 on its superposition.

You then have to have the precise architecture to then encode these 1's and 0's with information that allows you to watch YouTube, use GPS or surf the internet. Think about that. All of those encoded 1's and 0's are created by intelligence by manipulating a medium to give you a sequence of on/off or 1/0. We see this with DNA and the genetic code.

When you look at the genetic code, it's an encoding/decoding system. The sequences a,t,c and g are put into 3 letter codons and encoded with information about a amino acid or stop/start to tell the DNA sequence when to start and stop being read. How can anything natural tell machinery to start reading encoded information?

Remember, this is just information. The actual amino acid doesn't come into play until the polypeptide chain. So just pure information governs the order of amino acids in a DNA sequence and this information is encoded onto 3 letter codons that have redundancy to protect information as it's being copied.

CONT'D

We do come from chemical materials and there is no evidence for intelligent design. There has never been any evidence to show the existence of a designer and creator of the universe. It's an assertion made by creationists and religionists.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: madscientist3000
I have very little to no knowledge of religion and I am not a religious person. However, it is clear to me that the world / universe is designed. As an engineer, I see a lot of correlation in the work that our team does daily with what already exists in nature. We live in a world where scientism is the new religion. Scientists consistently come up with explanations that are significantly more unlikely than the simple explanation that the universe is designed. In my opinion as an engineer, and I don't pretend to convince anybody, there is plenty of evidence that the reality we inhabit is the product of mind.

Unlikely you understand evolution and the origins of life.

Creationism has no merits and evolution is one of the most successful scientific theories showing clearly how life evolved.

Not a shred of evidence for intelligent design.

Scientists consistently come up with explanations that are significantly more unlikely than the simple explanation that the universe is designed.

What are you referring to?

Scientists don't come up with random explanations but are driven by evidence, data, experiments, observations, mathematics and mathematical models.

On the other hand creationists come up with the most unsubstantiated claims and 'explanations' in the absence of any evidence. That's why creationism can only be taught within the context of religion because it has no basis in reality and science.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
The only truths any Person should ever need won't exist outside the self.

Cool bunch of words and science though and Kudos for the effort.

Enjoy the ride.

Agreed.

Perhaps the " outside " world, is merely projection ?

Might help to explain why one that believes in science : sees science as truthful, while one that believes in an exterior God : sees evidence of that God everywhere.

Because each reflection perceived : is unique to the one that perceives.

This works with or without a belief system.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Scientists do come up with random explanations for phenomena. Again, you are using ideas and concepts clearly attributed to scientism, which is another form of religion. I am not a creationist by any means. Neither am I a believer in alleged scientific ideas put forth by science as unreasonable explanations. I agree. Maybe perception is what creates reality. I don't know. I think scientists should just say "we do not know; we are still looking into it" rather than come up with explanations that make no rational sense. I am more inclined to believe, again, just a belief, that it is the mind which creates everything else.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: madscientist3000

But "the universe was designed" isn't an explanation of how. It's the why behind the how. Science explains how, religion explains why. Or at least attempts to. This is how all science fiction works.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I understand. You can try to explain how and get it all wrong. Then you come up with science fiction ideas, as science often does as they try to explain how. Reality may very well be metaphysical, beyond the understanding of both science and religion. You can try to explain how all you want. It does not mean it is correct. I know a scientist who claims that reality is similar to computer software and he has come up with all sorts of mathematical models and even wrote a software to demo it. Fascinating concept, but no way to prove it.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographicpart2

Atheists substitute God with Government.

All of the time you spend obsessing over atheists and yet you still know next to nothing about them. All of the atheists I know have less trust in government than the religious folks I know. They certainly do not worship government. I do know those who put an almost religious amount of trust in our modern academics and scientific institutions though, so maybe that's the angle you should be coming from, but then, you seem to put a lot of stock in our modern sciences as well when it suits you in your crusade against atheists.
edit on 1/23/2024 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
I agree.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The malevolent kind.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Twinkies and hormone disruptors omnipresent in what we consume was not part of the intelligent design. We defy the design, and consequences are a result. We live in an objective world with cause and effect. If you consistently consume poison, what do you expect? If you smoke cigs and drink alcohol during pregnancy, what do you expect?

"the people die for lack of knowledge"
edit on 23-1-2024 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This all just gets silly AF.

It's biomimicry. It must be intelligent design because hey, we encode things therefore encoding things is evidence of intelligence?!

Strange Loop 101.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDiscoKing
This all just gets silly AF.

It's biomimicry. It must be intelligent design because hey, we encode things therefore encoding things is evidence of intelligence?!

Strange Loop 101.

if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

If it looks designed, acts designed, and sounds designed...
edit on 23-1-2024 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

One that has no control over the use of the ingredients for creation or environment after the creation perhaps.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join