It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks are useless

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I read an article that said some states are going back to mask mandates in hospitals and my first thought was "Yeah, how'd that work out last time ?"

www.foxnews.com...

The reason I think they're useless is because of people. During the lockdowns, mandates and restrictions during Covid, I saw dozens of people not wearing them properly. They would walk into a store with it hanging around their neck or even more ridiculous, I saw people who would stop outside to talk to someone they knew and would pull their mask down to talk. I saw people who would pull their mask down to sneeze or cough and then pull it back up.
I saw this same thing dozens of time at least and that was just in my area.
Imagine that all over the U.S.

My wife said people would come in the hospital to see a patient and would wear their mask till they got in the room, then off they came. Of course everybody had to give a hug and kiss on the cheek when it came time to leave and then back on with the mask.

All that and not to mention people wearing homemade masks, some of them color co ordinated to match their outfit of the day and made of whatever material they had lying around.
The most ironic one I saw was a guy wearing one that said "Don't Tread On Me" across the front. I had to fight the urge to tell him to just go ahead and get a boot print tattooed on his throat.

We won't even talk about those 14 vaccines and the 57 boosters that "kept you safe".

There's a new variant going around and for 2 days last week I felt kinda rough. Was it the new Covid ? *shrug* Dunno. Didn't get tested. Just stayed home took some Mucinex and watched TV.

Fact of the matter is, if there's a virus going around, unless you are in an airtight room till it's completely eradicated, sooner or later you are going to be exposed.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The new variant is being blamed for the increased heart problems, clots and sudden death. In order to make it believable thay'll have to convince the sheeple that it's the new varient and not the vaccine that's causing the rapid rise in all case mortality.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Let the body create natural immunity to the viral invaders.

It might be a rough go, but ultimately you'll be more resistant to the realities of this planetary experience.

No one said life was easy and so many people are fearful of pain and death.

We are cautious and care about others, we got the initial shot and the booster, and wore our masks out of concern for our community.

If I find myself in a circumstance with a high concentration of mask wearers, I have my own to keep my breath at bay.

Some circumstances don't require them. Some people don't care, but we have to be true to ourselves during these times.

Personally I think it's bunk, fear drives people and rhe vaccines may be nothing more than distilled water for some populations, or heavy vaccines for others.

I'm not an authority about what's going on by any means, but the panic and fear is ridiculous.

Home of the Brave.

Be strong, don't panic and give in to fear.

Fear is the mind killer.

Will exemptions to extremely sensitive immune systems that require specialized and closed environments to care for them while they're here.

The sheer amount of folks terrified by the thought of having to endure a natural process is astounding.

PESTULANCE WAR FAMINE AND DEATH.

Something is going on beyond our control and if Mother Nature can't remedy the imbalance Men of War will take over.

edit on 1/7/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   

They were always useless.

I can't find the link for it anymore but there was a study done by NIOSH, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, following the 2009 Pig Flu outbreak that showed they were useless.

I tried showing it to my command when they ordered us to wear masks, but the covidiot theatre was already in full swing by then.

I'm just glad I was able to retire before they started forcing the clot shots.

I still see idiots driving around by themselves wearing masks, even here in Texas.
edit on 7-1-2024 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Shut up and drink the Kool-aid already!

Seriously, how many studies have been done now showing the masks everyone was/is wearing did ZIP to stop the spread of C19? Dozens? More?

If you can smell a fart or your wife's perfume with that mask on, it's useless against the common cold, let alone covid.

edit on 1/7/2024 by Klassified because: re word

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I havent been sick since 2019.

NO colds, flu or anything. Since Covid-19 I no longer touch a doorknob or anything in public unless I use my shirt sleeve. I also keep my distance from anyone who seems crusty.

I havent used a mask since 2020 so I have no opinion on that other than it keeps back bad breath as many here in South Carolina are in dire need of a dental plan.

Its like living n the UK.
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   
During the swine flu of Obama years, Anthony fauci told everyone that the masks are useless against stopping viruses, unless they are surgical masks.

We don't know if he was lying then...or he's been lying over the last 3 years.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   
When all this mask stuff started, I saw a doctor on TV say that wearing a mask to stop COVID was like putting up a chain link fence in the back yard to stop mosquitos. That's how small the virus is compared to the fibers in the mask. They just flow right through.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I still see idiots driving around by themselves wearing masks, even here in Texas.

Same here in Delaware. We look at them and just shake our heads ....

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I don't think you understand. By half ass wearing masks, putting lines 6 feet apart on floors of retail establishments, and reminding people to wash their hands, they were able to fully removed the Flu from existence for almost a full year. If you doubt that in any way, shape, or form, there are scholarly articles agreeing that the flu was removed by these actions.

Don't hate on the t-shirt material sewn in the shape of a mask.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So your concerned that people laughed in the face of government overreach and it’s school yard bully tactics therefore they are incapable of wearing a mask properly.

Your op is a storm in a teacup.

, a reply to: DAVID64

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I do stay away 6' from people to this day as the average American is crusty to me. I also wash my hands and I dont touch anything in public with my hands. That includes doors, restroom faucets, counters and I use my own pen.

People are filthy and with todays values in society one never knows who has their finger up thy arse. IMO our President does.

Been sick free since 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not bad for an old goat.

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Mask simply wont work , never did...

It`s been also shown that people who wear mask as the health officials want, have plastic in their lungs, from the mask ...
edit on 7-1-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
When all this mask stuff started, I saw a doctor on TV say that wearing a mask to stop COVID was like putting up a chain link fence in the back yard to stop mosquitos. That's how small the virus is compared to the fibers in the mask. They just flow right through.

That's not how the physics of a surgical mask or N95 mask works. The non woven fibers in the mask made of melt-blown polyurethane are spaced close enough to each other to act as a strainer for larger particles such as saliva droplets from speaking and coughing, etc., but virus particles are indeed smaller than the spacing between the fibers as the Doctor on TV said.

That's why those polyurethane fibers are manufactured with a built in electric charge on their surface. The electric field surrounding the fibers attracts the virus particles onto the fiber surface, traps them there with Van Der Walls forces, and actually deactivates them by slowly pulling the virus apart. Those fibers don't operate on viruses like a strainer, they operate basically as an electrostatic precipitator. I find it surprising that the Doctor didn't know this.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

You realize we're talking about the masks the average person wore the past few years, not N95s, so yeah, they flow right through just as the doctor said.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
They are useless because it is transmitted nearly 100% in an aerosolized state (actually latest info shows 95%). It doesn't matter if mask stops 100% of particles of droplet size, the main transmission is in an entirely aerosol state which means that those particles get through. It's basic geometry that they knew at the beginning, knew It was nearly 100% aerosol transmission. The CDC published that fact, then quietly buried it. They let the implication of droplet transmission take hold.

Then mask studies came out with blah blah percent of droplet size blah blah ibeing stopped by such and such mask type implying there was a correlation to transmission. Science failed right there. The facts of stopping droplets of size X were true, but that had almost nothing to do with transmission even if it stopped 100% of those droplet sizes, 95% of the transmission vector remained. A true N95 is the closest thing to stopping anything, and then you are running into the rebreather effect, so it's probably a wash and still only stops a small fraction.

Do it if you want, but don't push non evidence-based fear on others.
edit on 7-1-2024 by backin321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947
That's not how the physics of a surgical mask or N95 mask works. .

He was talking about the cloth masks everyone was putting on.
Useless. The virus flows right through.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So how do they recharge the electric charge on their surface?

What if the charge gets discharged?

☢️

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

You realize we're talking about the masks the average person wore the past few years, not N95s, so yeah, they flow right through just as the doctor said.

And every single mandatory masking at hospitals, doctors, etc., all had non N95 masks!!! 😀

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Let the body create natural immunity to the viral invaders.

It might be a rough go, but ultimately you'll be more resistant to the realities of this planetary experience.

I was very brave recently and flew from France to the UK. My first foreign trip in about 10 years. I saw ONE person with a mask on in Gatwick airport but that was all.

I survived the trip and no problems at all except suffocation as I was FORCED to walk through a hoarde of perfumeries stealing the oxygen at Gatwick Airport/Shopping Centre.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join