It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Lions vs Dallas Cowboys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Anyone watch that game last night? I am still pissed off today about it.

In my opinion, the Lions got screwed by the officiating at the end of that game.

I know the Lions have been the doormat of the league for decades but they seem to have finally turned it around and to lose a game like that because of a bad call is just ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So are the Lions done then now? I see on their schedule that there is one game left with the Vikings, but it says TBD.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CataclysmicRockets
So are the Lions done then now? I see on their schedule that there is one game left with the Vikings, but it says TBD.

No they are not done, the game against the Vikings is the last game of the regular season but is says TBD because the NFL might change the time of the game.
They always seem to do that based on what games might be a better game to watch instead of 2 teams that are out of the playoffs and have a meaningless game.

The Lions have already made the playoffs but last night’s loss could very well affect playoff seeding format that determines who plays who.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Bengals fan living in Michigan checking in. I’ve sort of adopted the Lions as my second team over the years and I love what Dan Campbell has done with the franchise. The Lions were completely screwed last night on that call and official Brad Allen still hasn’t had the balls to admit it. The lions coaching staff and players did everything right in reporting the correct eligible receiver before the play and the official still got it wrong.

That said, I think Campbell should have went with an extra point after the two point was called back. Take your chances in overtime.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

No they are not done, the game against the Vikings is the last game of the regular season but is says TBD because the NFL might change the time of the game.
They always seem to do that based on what games might be a better game to watch instead of 2 teams that are out of the playoffs and have a meaningless game.

The Lions have already made the playoffs but last night’s loss could very well affect playoff seeding format that determines who plays who.

Yep, I was just reading about it. We could see a lions vs Rams game. Which would be cool to see Stafford against Goff, Considering they each both played for the other team.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Bengals fan living in Michigan checking in. I’ve sort of adopted the Lions as my second team over the years and I love what Dan Campbell has done with the franchise. The Lions were completely screwed last night on that call and official Brad Allen still hasn’t had the balls to admit it. The lions coaching staff and players did everything right in reporting the correct eligible receiver before the play and the official still got it wrong.

That said, I think Campbell should have went with an extra point after the two point was called back. Take your chances in overtime.

100% they did it right and got screwed.
Yeah I love that Campbell has that gunslinger mentality as a head coach but sometimes you just need to play it safe.
The Lions did a good job of keeping Dallas in check for most of the night with the exception of CeeDee Lamb.
I would have liked their chances to win in OT

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Also, I can’t stand the Cowboys but Jimmy Johnson’s speech for the Ring of Honor was awesome.

link   

Yep, I was just reading about it. We could see a lions vs Rams game. Which would be cool to see Stafford against Goff, Considering they each both played for the other team.

Yeah that would be crazy to play the Rams.

link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Also, I can’t stand the Cowboys but Jimmy Johnson’s speech for the Ring of Honor was awesome.

Yeah that was pretty cool.

Jerry Jones is an ass, Jimmy Johnson should have been in the Cowboys Ring of Honor a long time ago.
I know they had a feud by why wait 30 years?
edit on 31-12-2023 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

The refs screwed them on the 2pt play.

The guy that caught reported as an eligible receiver before the play and they called a penalty (delayed too) anyway.

Complete BS.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I like to troll team message boards
a LOT of posters are convinced that the NFL, and its officials, are purposefully manipulating calls and non-calls
to keep games close, and to favor certain teams.

and lately the NFL has gambling links all over. commercials, score updates with over/unders, etc.

maybe coincidental. maybe not.

for most of my life the NFL has kept any kind of gambling connections at arms length. not so much these days.
as if they weren't raking in enough $.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coelacanth55
I like to troll team message boards
a LOT of posters are convinced that the NFL, and its officials, are purposefully manipulating calls and non-calls
to keep games close, and to favor certain teams.

and lately the NFL has gambling links all over. commercials, score updates with over/unders, etc.

maybe coincidental. maybe not.

for most of my life the NFL has kept any kind of gambling connections at arms length. not so much these days.
as if they weren't raking in enough $.

I know what you are saying but I am not saying it’s rigged completely but they need to hold the on field officials to a higher standard instead of saying “Oh well, games over now, nothing we can do”
Award them an extra draft choice for the bad, game changing call by the officials or something like that.
In my opinion that ref should be fired over that call.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Why should the Lions be treated differently.
Been screwing the Red Wings for many years, both in officiating and drafting.

edit on Sun Dec 31 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: i kant speelll

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   
0-16

Never forget

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Same thing happened to the Colts at the end of the game this year against Cleveland. I don't care which sport or what level, you have to play well enough to keep it out of the refs' hands. The human element is the X factor. Coaches, players, officials are not flawless. Some of that stuff is ridiculous, but that's why you never coast, never take a play off. The second it's out of your hands is when you lose.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
0-16

Never forget

It’s funny that the coach of the Lions, Dan Campbell, was a player on that 0-16 team.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Our poor Lions are like R's.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

That Michigan v Alabama game though...I may watch that

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Anyone watch that game last night? I am still pissed off today about it.

In my opinion, the Lions got screwed by the officiating at the end of that game.

I know the Lions have been the doormat of the league for decades but they seem to have finally turned it around and to lose a game like that because of a bad call is just ridiculous.

They may be popular and have lots of fans, but I'd never vote for them.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You would think that a multimillion dollar organization like the NFL would have full time referees.
Especially since gambling is so huge today and it’s critical to maintain integrity.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 07:13 PM
link   

With the explosion of legal gambling over the past couple of years, and a season full of "questionable" referee calls, have some refs been put on their payroll? It appears so but we'll never hear anything unless the Feds get involved. These days they are probably the middle men....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join