It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next time they say global warming think about this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Heat can kill you as anyone who has spent time in the Mid-East or any desert can attest, however cold not only kills you but there is no shade to protect you from the icy fingers of a cold death.

IMO nothing shuts down a country or state faster than severe cold, snow and Ice. Many batteries (if not all the great battery powered vehicles) just stop working as their batteries freeze. As Texas found out last year the grid goes down with the so called renewables ceasing to function as far as supplying useful power during a severe cold snap...just when power is needed the most !

Since mid-December, a new wave of intense cold air has swept across China. Extreme weather conditions such as low temperatures, cold waves, heavy snow, and freezing rain are prominent throughout the country. The Shandong Peninsula, in particular, has faced three consecutive days of blizzards, with Weihai City recording a snow depth of 74 centimeters on the 22nd, breaking the record for the heaviest snowfall in Shandong province. Nearby Yantai City also set a local record with 52 centimeters of snow. Experts have identified the snow in these areas as "cold stream snow," (a type of snowfall that occurs when cold air streams interact with warmer, moist air). Many people are feeling overwhelmingly cold.

Children are getting Frost Bite as they are forced to sit in unheated school rooms as the electricity and or the heating is not working. Horrible conditions for those who are trying to survive..

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

as someone who moved from the great white north, to the sunny south, I can say, # the cold. It's nice here. Most of the time. There are a few weeks in the summer when it's really hot. Like oven door open hot. But it's not so much the heat, as it is the humidity AND the heat. But we have AC and windows/doors. So you just spend the heat of the day indoors and go outside in the morning and evening hours.

But with AGW/climate change/End of life as we know it, or whatever it's called today, I believe it's a cycle, and we will see things shift as they usually do. I think the AGW thing is a giant worldwide grift to transfer wealth and bring in the "New World Order" the WEF is driving towards. Since it's a global initiative and the MSM (worldwide) is largely all on board, the information flows one way and one way only.

Here is the sticker on that. No matter what I believe or what the most ardent Al Gore toe sucker believes, the Earth will do what it does without fear or favor to anyone. It's way too powerful to allow us to damage is any other way than superficially in our short industrialized space. We will likely destroy ourselves and things will start again as they have many times in the past. If I'm wrong, and the toe suckers are right, then nothing changes. Other than money being transfered.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

according to the warmers it's not getting colder, some say by 2030 it gonna be damn hot. so the question you have to ask yourself is, who am i gonna believe the lying warmers or the chilly bumps on my ass?

you remember when they use to say that global warming is gonna cause global cooling?

edit on 28-12-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

My wife and I were born in the Great White North and lived in Buffalo, New York where we would get blasted with snow off Lake Erie. I get the cold.

We now live in South Carolina. Were not on the ocean as we are inland. Our home has a walk out ground floor and is surrounded by soil on three walls. It has HVAC but we only turn the AC on for around one week on the ground floor as it is always constant and has pleasant humidity and temperature.

I am starting to see many here are now building a home with a basement. IMO its extremely energy efficient on both hot and cold days. Our homes energy bills proves that out.

Ones best bet to be free of whatever NWO is coming down the road is to produce your own energy. Either by damming a small stream or solar panels. I would tend to think they would use thermal imaging to see who has a fire. But if we reach that point millions from the cities will be revolting so whoevers in charge may be too occupied.

Also, plant your own crops as its time to return to farming .

Yes, its sucks they did this to all of us.

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Interestingly? Look up the definition of climate. It's self explanatory. Never the same no matter where, always changing, morphing...

I had snow in Biscayne Bay, Miami 1973 on the beach...and once had 70 on Christmas up here in the "D".

Nature affects climate. Man affects climate. Even climate...can affect climate. So does polluted chemicals in our air.

Climate, whatever and wherever is fragile.✌️

An add: even in a desert, 100% hot....has living cactus....who gets the minimum required for life from what little rain the desert gets.

As much as climate is constant...it's variàbles can change immediately w an up and down variant.

edit on 12232831America/ChicagoThu, 28 Dec 2023 09:12:28 -060012202300000028 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

It would be stupid to deny global warming, cooling etc. Facts prove it is real and it happens. The whole issue with climate change is blaming temperatures and weather cycles on man made issues. Do they contribute? Maybe... a bit here and there. But for 'in your face' facts:

Ice Core Reveals That Most of Greenland Was Green 416,000 Years Ago. Credit: Aline Dassel / Pixabay. A large portion of Greenland was an ice-free tundra landscape—perhaps covered by trees and roaming woolly mammoths—in the recent geologic past, new UVM-led research shows.

And as for Iceland,

Iceland consists of eight geographical regions, Capital Region, Southern Peninsula, West, Westfjords, Northwest, Northeast, East and South.[2] Twenty per cent of the land is used for grazing, while only one per cent is cultivated. Iceland has lost most of the woodland that previously covered large areas of the country, but an ambitious reforestation program is currently underway.[3] Fossilized tree pollen and descriptions by the early settlers indicate that prior to human settlement, now thought to have occurred from around AD 800 onwards,[4][5] trees covered between thirty and forty per cent of the island. Today, however, there are only small patches of the original birch forests left, the most prominent being Hallormsstaðaskógur and Vaglaskógur.

So, Iceland is freezing and getting more covered in ice and Greenland is losing it's ice, all because of global warming?

But what about thousands of years ago? Was it cow farts then? Or maybe goat gas? Shicken Chit???

Do humans need to do a better job of taking care of their water and their planet? Yessiree. We cause a lot of damage and destruction but climate change isn't part of it.

edit on th31202300000031bThu, 28 Dec 2023 12:29:43 -06002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There’s a mountain here that the old timers and before them said it was snow capped year-round. Now it’s snow capped a couple times during the winter, but quickly melts off.

Different note, There used to be freshwater springs all over, now due to sucking the aquifers down for agriculture specifically Corn and cotton, these natural springs are all dried up.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Finally global warming is here...It feels so good to have bare ground on Christmas and so far three days beyond in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We might get a couple of inches total through the end of December. The storms and cold are supposed to track way to the south of us....great news for most of us.

I no longer have a snowmobile, and I haven't skied for many years. The cross country skies and snowshoes can be happy in the garage, the plow truck is content sitting in the driveway too. The tractor with the six and a half foot snowblower on it and front end loader has not complained at all. The shovels are old and fine with not having to work. We buried my daughters cat in the pet cemetery on the twenty sixth this year, bare ground, usually there is a minimum of twelve inches of snow on the ground. The cat would have to spend the winter in the freezer waiting for spring usually.

I have no expensive snowmobile or winter toys to use to justify the expense of having them. Many people have lots of money invested in winter sports, they are feeling sad, but the majority of people are happy with the weather here.

It has been in the thirties here during the days and rain will supply the water to fill the lakes and streams. You do not have to shovel, blow, or plow rain.

I'm not complaining about that global warming promise finally coming to us. What is good for some is bad for others...I like the good coming for us. Heikki Lunta can go vacation somewhere else, he is not required to bring us storms here, we like to share Heikki with others.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Ya the cold sucks.

I try to tell myself it’s better than the heat because I can layer up.

If I get too hot I can only strip so far. Then the law and my wife would get involved.

Never convinced myself though.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Interestingly? Look up the definition of climate. It's self explanatory. Never the same no matter where, always changing, morphing...

I had snow in Biscayne Bay, Miami 1973 on the beach...and once had 70 on Christmas up here in the "D".

Nature affects climate. Man affects climate. Even climate...can affect climate. So does polluted chemicals in our air.

Climate, whatever and wherever is fragile.✌️

An add: even in a desert, 100% hot....has living cactus....who gets the minimum required for life from what little rain the desert gets.

As much as climate is constant...it's variàbles can change immediately w an up and down variant.

your life experience sounds much like most of us. The argument is can we make changes in things like banning gas stoves for the common people, and make the climate do what we want it to. I think that's fantasy and largely a scam on the simple minded. The climate will do what it does, regardless of what we do or do not do. If the DERP brigade just went at this from a ecological perspective and we all made efforts to live cleaner, and treat the environment like our homes, I can't help but think of how easy that argument could be made.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I would WAY rather die freezing to death in lieu of bur ING to death. Burning, you can't breathe the air around you, nothing. But freezing, you just move more and more slowly until it puts you to sleep and you are not conscious to fade away. You die as if you're just falling asleep for a nap!

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosOMegas

After seeing the casts of people flash burned alive at Pompeii I'd have to agree with you.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I feel ya! Winters suck here in MN but it's 38F today and just a few patches of remaining very light snow fall from several days ago. LOVE IT! It rained for about two days straight soon after the snowfall which helped a great deal and I couldn't help but think of the many feet of snow I would normally have to be dealing with if it were colder. I am extremely thankful for a break in the snow cycle. It will be a much shorter and tolerable winter for a change.

It isn't the cold so much as people are indoors and events and life go on. But the massive feet of snow all winter gets old fast. It doesn't disappear for many months and new gets piled on old so after awhile, it's simply a crap ton of snow. Don't get me wrong, I love the snow. Bit it's much more enjoyable when you don't have to travel or move it. I seriously can't wait to retire and have snowed in winters. I do have a used snow mobile I recently purchased for a paltry $200 so I'll have to make sure it runs well before I get cocky.

edit on th31202300000031bFri, 29 Dec 2023 16:40:34 -06002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I was on a rock tour of Japan in '72, lead guitar. My group was stunned at all the blue grey smoke that hung everywhere....just obvious polluted dead, dirty air. That "climate" was changed by pollution...

Including China, it's gotten so much worse with their lack of enviromental laws.

This...IS climate change, and no going back...

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join