It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Discovery?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Noah's Ark - Apparently, some folks claim to have found it on Mount Ararat in Turkey, nestled among the snow like a giant wooden popsicle. So, what do you guys think? Real deal or another case of wishful thinking with a side of altitude sickness? Did Noah really park his boat on a mountaintop, or is this just a mirage shimmering above the hype? Would be interested to know what you guys think? Clearly it's soemthing there is a wooden strucutre frozen inside www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: komangwidiatmika

Very cool! And it really is a wooden structure!
The Why Files just did a show on Noah’s Ark and they destroyed Ron Wyatt’s reputation, but I don’t think they mentioned this finding

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: komangwidiatmika
Noah's Ark - Apparently, some folks claim to have found it on Mount Ararat in Turkey, nestled among the snow like a giant wooden popsicle. So, what do you guys think? Real deal or another case of wishful thinking with a side of altitude sickness? Did Noah really park his boat on a mountaintop, or is this just a mirage shimmering above the hype? Would be interested to know what you guys think? Clearly it's soemthing there is a wooden strucutre frozen inside www.youtube.com...

This has already been done to death on here, if you do a search on YouTube you can find documentaries less than 12 years old, Even if it is the ark and proves the bible correct there is those that won’t accept the data and continue to look further.
It’s unbelievers of the holy bible looking for the ark.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   
12 yr old video?
And just so happens they were marketing a movie?

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Digital1010

I doubt unbelievers are looking for any 'ark'. They might however investigate a claim that it's been found.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Lol. Kinda sounds like a cave wall. Thought the Chinese were smart. And this news clip looks a bit dated.

Anyway...

OMG WE FOUND WOOD ABOVE THE TREELINE, IN THE WALL OF A CAVE! Almost like it's made of calcium carbonate, or limestone, and possibly hollowed out. Like a pocket of space behind the rock wall. Or just a normal sounding cave wall. But no, it's frozen wood. Lol.

Also Mt. Ararat is a freaking STRATAVOLCANO. Last large eruption 3rd millenium BCE. (Unless you count 1840) And there would never be caves exactly like this everywhere upon its face.

And I don't mean to harp on the same point again, but 13,000 ft (4000 meters) feet of elevation is not possible. Hasnt it been proven there's only enough water on Earth's surface (useful water) to raise sea level by less than 1000 feet of elevation? Seems like it falls 12,000 feet short, even in a hot earth waterworld scenario.

And no, there's only magical ways on conjured water to get there. Leave Turkey's Mt. Ranier alone!

- NONbeliever (as unbelief requires this ridiculous parable have been instilled at face value at some point)
edit on 25-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I remember they were rock stuff common in that area. They found that out after they looked a little closer at the surrounding area?

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I don’t believe that is the ark, but in your argument that it’s not you stated that the mountain is a Stratovolcano, and that it’s too tall for the flood myth.

Does not a Stratovolcano rise in height throughout the ages? Some over 10,000 feet. Is it not possible the mountain, in those days, was not as tall as it is today?
edit on 25-12-2023 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   

У Вашого Avitar теж гарні гори!

Could it be that Caveman liked wood paneling?
Could the Ark have been built on top of said volcano?
Could said STRATAVOLCANO have risen over 1000's of years.

Whenever "experts" are trashed my bunny ears pop up. Why, because those doing the trashing NEVER use science or tests to debunk the person they are trashing. They just trash, walk awat and the subject is rarely ever revisited.

Has the wood been Carbon Dated?

Щасливого Різдва! Ми влаштовуємо старосвітську польську вечерю на Різдво
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Is it kosher to suggest the Ark may have been a Mothership collecting genetic material from prevalent lifeforms to reconstruct them after the planetary catastrophe has passed so as to preserve Life in service of the Creator God's or is that taking the discussion too far into hypothetical territories?

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Lol.

These experts obviously weren't familiar with cave composition..

I actually dislike that part of my avatar because I couldn't get the AI to render her body type naturally, so I went Comicbook universe with it.

Still free AI rendering loves not listening to prompts like "natural".

But thanks anyway.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I actually hate that part of my avatar because I couldn't get the AI to render her body type naturally, so I went Comicbook universe with it.

All my nieces on both sides are natural just exactly like the Avitar. My brothers and our wives had discussions about that as to just WTF where did those come from as its NOT in the familys DNA.

My MENSA Department Chair dual PhD in Microbology and Genetic Engineering brother surmises that its from all the hormones in the USA milk and chicken that his kids ate growing up. Same for my other side of the family nieces.

We used to live in New York State and moved to Georgia and now live in South Carolina. Natural down here are supersized biggins and have been so generationally. Again just like the Avitar.

So depending on where one lives the graphics are accurate and proportional.

I also know the goods on trump but I am not allowed to write about it here

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Well, the comic-con avatar is a winner then. It's attention is going to make me uncomfortable and I may regret it. Replaced the "rockstar" avatar. I just like creating them. This one has my favorite background so far.

a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Does not a Stratovolcano rise in height throughout the ages? Some over 10,000 feet. Is it not possible the mountain, in those days, was not as tall as it is today?

It's indeed a 'new' volcano. But new is 1.5 million years old. About 3 times the age of Mt. Ranier. But it's last eruption that could have been relevant here is...

Pyroclastic flows from the northwest flank of Greater Ararat killed many people and destroyed at least one Bronze Age settlement in 2500-2400 BCE. Such activity in the past 4500 years indicates that Mount Ararat continues to pose a hazard to the sparse population of the surrounding area.

So by 'flood' on Mt. Ararat they really mean is did The Mt. St. Helens thing and destroyed a settlement.

All active stratavolcanos grow over time. Mt. Ararat has grown around 7,700 feet in 1.5 million years (from the highlands). About 6 inches per 100 years if averaged out. Doesn't work that way, but... It has also lost some of its ice cap the last 50 years. And nobody knows why! (Sarcasm)

But then Mt. Ranier has grown to 14,000 feet in 500,000 years. So rates are just a matter if eruptions outpace collapse.

Definitely not growing much in such a short slice of its life.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   
actually thats not a bad hypothesis at all a reply to: GENERAL EYES

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
oh awesome thanks man im gonna check that out I love the Why Files a reply to: Myhandle

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   
interesting point - i did watch another video though where they clearly showed wood inside a reply to: stosh64

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The Noahs Ark story is a MYTH. It did not happen. The story was taken from the earlier Sumerian stories and changed and adapted by the Hebrews to their own culture. Easily debunked. So no ... nobody found Noahs Ark. It never existed.

Arizona.edu - Forget About Noahs Ark, There was no World Wide Flood

Most biblical and ancient Near Eastern scholars argue that the flood is a mythical story adopted from earlier Mesopotamian flood accounts. These earlier accounts include the 17th century BCE Sumerian flood myth Eridu Genesis,[5] the 18th century BCE Akkadian Atra-Hasis Epic,[6] and the Epic of Gilgamesh,[7] which are some of the earliest known examples of a literary style of writing. The most complete version of the Epic of Gilgamesh known today is preserved on 12 clay tablets from the library of Assyrian king Ashurbanipal (685-627 BCE). This extant Akkadian version is derived from earlier Sumerian versions. In the story, Gilgamesh and his companion, a wild man-beast named Enkidu, travel the world on a number of quests that ultimately displease the gods. After the death of Enkidu, Gilgamesh embarks on a journey to learn the secret of eternal life by visiting the immortal flood hero, Utnapishtim. Utnapishtim tells Gilgamesh how the god Ea (equivalent to the Sumerian god Enki) revealed the gods' plan to destroy all life with a great flood, and how they instructed him to build a vessel in which he could save his family, friends, and livestock. After the flood, the gods repented for destroying the world and made Utnapishtim immortal.

These flood stories appear to have been transmitted to the Israelites early in Israel's history. Contact between the Assyrians and the Israelites is known from the conquest of Israel and its capitol, Samaria, in 721 BCE by Assyrian King Shalmaneser V (727-722 BCE),[8] and from the attempted conquest of Jerusalem by the Assyrian King Sennacherib (704-681 BCE). These stories were apparently modified to conform to a monotheistic faith, but retained characteristics such as the destruction of nearly all living things via a flood, the salvation of a select few people and animals by the construction of a boat, and the regret of the deity for the flood, prompting a promise not to do so again. Thus, like many of the early stories in Israel's primordial history,[9] the flood story appears to be an adaptation and integration of a previously known myth into the theology of Israel.

edit on 12/25/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Send forensic anthropologists and paleontologist to analyze the structure up close and acquire samples.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Rumour has it that the ark is somewhere in Turkey but we don't even know if the ark has existed. It seems very unlikely an ark can survive a biblical flood with all the known species of that time.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
Hasnt it been proven there's only enough water on Earth's surface (useful water) to raise sea level by less than 1000 feet of elevation?

Yep. Not enough water in the Earth or on the Earth for Noahs Flood to have happened.

Arizona.EDU - Not Enough Water in/on Earth for Noahs Flood

So, allow me present some scientific evidence: there could not have been a worldwide flood as described in the Bible because there is simply not enough water in the earth's atmospheric system to produce such a flood.

According to data from the U.S. Geological Survey, the amount of water in the earth's atmosphere could not possibly cover the earth.[11] In fact:

One estimate of the volume of water in the atmosphere at any one time is about 3,100 cubic miles (mi3) or 12,900 cubic kilometers (km3). That may sound like a lot, but it is only about 0.001 percent of the total Earth's water volume of about 332,500,000 mi3 (1,385,000,000 km3)

If all of the water in the atmosphere rained down at once, it would only cover the ground to a depth of 2.5 centimeters, about 1 inch.

Additionally, because only 1.7% of the earth's water is stored underground,[12] there is not nearly enough water in groundwater storage beneath the earth's surface to account for the amount of water necessary to flood the entire earth to the extent described in the Bible.

Simply put: there is not enough water in Earth's atmosphere to raise the ocean's levels over an inch, much less to cover Mt. Ararat with water from 40 days of rain. There is simply not that much water in the system.

Thus, in order to even entertain the possibility of a worldwide flood, one has to bypass all laws of physics, exit the realm of science, and enter into the realm of the miraculous, which many biblical literalists are willing to do. It is hypothetically possible that, say, the polar ice caps melted. This could raise the ocean levels beyond the 2.5 centimeters that all the earth's atmospheric water could were it to all rain down, but even then the thaw would only slightly affect the world's coastlines. Additionally, all scientific evidence points to larger polar ice caps in recent history, not smaller.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join