It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost pipe tincture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is a weird little plant that grows in shady areas in North America, maybe elsewhere. For my xmas present to me, I bought the tincture to see if it helps with any of my aches and pains. As that are what the claim is. Some say it is as effective as opiods but with very little addiction potential. I haven't received it yet, but I am wondering if anyone here has taken it and what the pain moderation effects were.

Here is a pdf on the plant:

www.americanherbalistsguild.com...

PS. Because of an accident about 15 or so years ago I am pretty much in a constant state of low level pain. I do not like opioids, being itchy and bitchy and constipated is not for me. However, if I wanted them I could probably have them. Anyway, that is why I am looking for such things.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My daughter mentioned ghost pipe tincture to me recently as a possible remedy for frequent headaches. I look forward to hearing about your experience with it.

edit on CST24pm2023-12-24T16:23:28-06:00k by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dust2023

I use the thc balm on my leg. Had to get a medical marijuana card to buy it but it really helps.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tjack
My daughter mentioned ghost pipe tincture to me recently as a possible remedy for frequent headaches. I look forward to hearing about your experience with it.

I will note here after I receive it and try it out.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enduro

I use the thc balm on my leg. Had to get a medical marijuana card to buy it but it really helps.

I have medical mj. You are correct, thc balm is good and long lasting compared to any other balm. My problem is deeper than my skin though. I have a crushed L1 and although I am not disabled from it. It pretty much hurts all waking hours. Not enough to ruin life, but enough to be annoying at times. I have used the thc balm on it and it does help, but not as much as opiods did. Thats the problem I have.

I cannot go the surgery route as I would be laid up in bed for up to a year. Not sure if I could handle that for a surgery that is not always successful.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I have been reading up on this as well (pain reliever & migraines) BUT have not used or tried .....speaking of can you share where you ordered your tincture from?

And YES please keep us posted on how it works for you...Thanks for sharing

All About Ghost Pipe (Monotropa uniflora)

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Subscribed for future updates

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Very interesting.....was wondering if it would be safe to use as well as options? My father is on lots of pain relief drugs, pretty sure some are opioid based. Trouble is if he stopped even one dose, he would suffer. Not that this would help your crushed vertebrae but would love my dad to try give up nightshades for even just a week to see if he notice any relief, but he is a stubborn Irish man.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dust2023

originally posted by: tjack

I will note here after I receive it and try it out.

Thanks. Sorry to hear about your pain, I hope it works for you.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   
That's interesting. I read somewhere many decades ago that everything we need is supplied already by nature; thereis bot a single 'natural' disease that doesn't have a nature-provided cure.

That always stuck with me, and now I find most of our pharmecuticals are synthasized from natural remedies.

We seem to be sepersting ourselves from the natural order of the universe, to our own detrement.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   
****disclaimer please read on and about anything I suggest to use, and always ask your doctor, if you take a lot medicines or prescriptions I'd probably avoid this all together, it is mostly for those trying to get off prescriptions****

FWIW Ive had 3 prescriptions I was told I would be on always and Im going on my 2nd year without using any of them

Chronic pain is a bitch and a half, my Dad who was a tough as hell SOB, had lower back issues. He was the first person I learned a little bit about DMSO from back in the 70s, now it's a bit mainstream but I'd see if you could use it in conjunction with whatever else you are using.

I have 3rd degree burn scars on both legs but my left leg is the worst had surgery on it a decade after the fire and my doctor said I'd likely have trouble with it once I got older, and he was right. First of all DMSO softens the keloid scar tissue, and it helps my condition, but it loosens up the muscles and tendons and inflammation. I get a better range of motion and less pain with use.

I find I do better with a rotation of different remedies and tinctures but the DMSO which is supposed to help get the medicine through the skin and into the blood vessels is one ingredient I always use, it doesn't take a lot either, but my ankle feels immediate relief I usually try and use it with an anti-inflammatory pain relieving essential oil and/or CBD or THC tincture.

Again it doesn't take a lot at all, Im a complete novice, but I do research and have had to experiment over the years I can't stand opioids have tried them over the years once or twice. Was in the hospital after a motorcycle accident in my early teens, and I'll never use them again unless I positively have to.

Good Luck

I believe your body will build up a tolerance if you use the same remedies over and over, try switching it up if you can.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Ok...but? Please ck all indications, reactions, counter-indications...of EVERYTHING you put in your body.

Don't be stupid or "trendy".... Both very bad for your continued good health...

1st Responder/EMT
edit on 12231931America/ChicagoMon, 25 Dec 2023 08:23:19 -060023202300000019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I use it regularly. I have chronic pain and it helps dull it somewhat when I am already on over the counter painkillers. It mostly helps me when I am having anxiety, anxiety attacks, headaches and sleeplessness. I find it is good in that aspect.

My thoughts: it's good for low grade pain, take the edge off, but again that's probably very b based on the individual. I keep reordering it, as it's just one more tool in my pain kit. I wouldn't put much hope into it, but it's always worth a try.

This is where I buy mine from: www.etsy.com... This is my favourite shop, and they are very careful to not over harvest

www.etsy.com... - I have purchased from here too

www.etsy.com... - purchased from this shop as well

Info on careful use: hlcskagit.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dust2023
a reply to: Enduro
I have medical mj. You are correct, thc balm is good and long lasting compared to any other balm. My problem is deeper than my skin though. I have a crushed L1 and although I am not disabled from it. It pretty much hurts all waking hours. Not enough to ruin life, but enough to be annoying at times. I have used the thc balm on it and it does help, but not as much as opiods did. Thats the problem I have.

I cannot go the surgery route as I would be laid up in bed for up to a year. Not sure if I could handle that for a surgery that is not always successful.

You may be interested in this thread I posted almost 8 years ago...

top topics

join