It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Economist - "Everything Bubble' Will Burst in 2024, Everything will Crash

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is just ONE economist, but his prediction is interesting. According to him, we are in a bubble for everything .. market, banks, real estate, etc. And he says that 'everything bubble' is going to burst in 2024. An everything crash. This guy is actually hoping for it so everything goes back to what he thinks is 'normal'. Everyone with a 401K probably would be hoping for just the opposite. A lot of retirement age people are counting on their 401Ks to survive retirement.

US Economist Predicts 2024 Will Bring Biggest Single Crash of Lifetime

Since 2009, this has been 100% artificial, unprecedented money printing and deficits; $27 trillion over 15 years, to be exact. This is off the charts, 100% artificial, which means we're in a dangerous state," Harry Dent told Fox News Digital. "I think 2024 is going to be the biggest single crash year we'll see in our lifetimes."

"I'm the guy that's praying for a crash while everybody else is not. We need to get back down to normal, and we need to send a message to central banks," he continued. "This should be a lesson I don't think we'll ever revisit. I don't think we'll ever see a bubble for any of our lifetimes again."

Dent, who spent the majority of his career analyzing proprietary research, credited his against-the-grain prediction to overvalued markets and excessive stimulus spending. While recent rallies have overwhelmingly provided investors with mild recession expectations, Dent remained firm that an "everything bubble" will burst next year.

Somewhat related - ATS Thread - Real Estate Investor Warns US Is Entering Greatest Correction of His Lifetime

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
This is just ONE economist, but his prediction is interesting. According to him, we are in a bubble for everything .. market, banks, real estate, etc. And he says that 'everything bubble' is going to burst in 2024. An everything crash. This guy is actually hoping for it so everything goes back to what he thinks is 'normal'. Everyone with a 401K probably would be hoping for just the opposite. A lot of retirement age people are counting on their 401Ks to survive retirement.

US Economist Predicts 2024 Will Bring Biggest Single Crash of Lifetime

Since 2009, this has been 100% artificial, unprecedented money printing and deficits; $27 trillion over 15 years, to be exact. This is off the charts, 100% artificial, which means we're in a dangerous state," Harry Dent told Fox News Digital. "I think 2024 is going to be the biggest single crash year we'll see in our lifetimes."

"I'm the guy that's praying for a crash while everybody else is not. We need to get back down to normal, and we need to send a message to central banks," he continued. "This should be a lesson I don't think we'll ever revisit. I don't think we'll ever see a bubble for any of our lifetimes again."

Dent, who spent the majority of his career analyzing proprietary research, credited his against-the-grain prediction to overvalued markets and excessive stimulus spending. While recent rallies have overwhelmingly provided investors with mild recession expectations, Dent remained firm that an "everything bubble" will burst next year.

Somewhat related - ATS Thread - Real Estate Investor Warns US Is Entering Greatest Correction of His Lifetime

Do you promise? Pinky swear? Double stampies no erasies?

This would truly be a dream come true.

So it won't happen.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

A market crash would destroy everyones 401Ks and a lot of elderly people will be dirt poor and in need of government assistance.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The people I follow are saying recession before Summer and fitting enough the Bitcoin halving is @ April 2024. This could be the lure that makes, or breaks markets.
As for the banks collapsing and consolidating this is when digital assets are probably going to take ahold. Decentralized cryptocurrencies are being systematically attacked while they strengthen Bitcoin and Ethereum, the two seem to be predetermined to survive this crypto winter. Deemed safe by the worlds largest corporates entities like Black Rock and JP Morgan, who ironically demonized cryptocurrency years ago. Now they're all in and even pushing for the SEC to pass the first Bitcoin ETF. It seems like the launch to a beautiful bull market, but what if we have a black swan event right as it goes full swing?
A lot of money is at stake.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: dothedew

A market crash would destroy everyones 401Ks and a lot of elderly people will be dirt poor and in need of government assistance.

That would be a massive, very ironic, learning lesson.

In my experience, a lot of the people with 401k's are the one's telling us that those plans are for investment and return, NOT for retirement.

Here's a more depressing, realistic, judgmental, and karmic statement about it though - many of those elderly people were the ones that drove this country and it's economy into the ground over the last 50 years and ruined it for everyone else.

I know a bunch of people that would not feel bad. At all.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The crash already happened and it was mainly in useless tech and commercial real estate.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
The crash already happened and it was mainly in useless tech and commercial real estate.

This economist is saying that everything is going to burst. Real estate. Market. Everything.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Glad his name is Harry Dent and not Harvey Dent, that two-faced evildoer ...

Cheers

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Might be useful to recall that the vast majority of those 'elderly people' had zero say in the policies that brought the country to the state it is in today.

Cheers
edit on 19-12-2023 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

The people I follow are saying recession before Summer and fitting enough the Bitcoin halving is @ April 2024.

I haven’t heard of this. What’s happening?

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

The people I follow are saying recession before Summer and fitting enough the Bitcoin halving is @ April 2024.

I haven’t heard of this. What’s happening?

seconded.

eta:
www.investopedia.com...

To understand a Bitcoin halving, you must first know how the Bitcoin network operates.

Bitcoin's underlying technology, blockchain, consists of a network of computers (called nodes) that run Bitcoin's software and contain a partial or complete history of transactions occurring on its network. Each full node—a node containing the entire history of transactions on Bitcoin—is responsible for approving or rejecting a transaction in Bitcoin's network. To do that, the node conducts a check to ensure the transaction is valid. These include ensuring that the transaction contains the correct validation parameters and does not exceed the required length.

Each transaction is approved individually. This is said to occur only after all the transactions contained in a block are approved. After approval, the transaction is appended to the existing blockchain and broadcast to other nodes.

learned something new.
edit on 19-12-2023 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

And what about the elderly people that did nothing to “ drive the country into the ground “ the one’s that worked hard all their lives raising ungrateful children like you? Would you like to see them suffer? Karma? Give me a break.

Sounds to me like you want to watch your parents and grandparents suffer, or do you exempt them ? If this happens we all go down, not just the elderly.

Personally, I think that if you know a bunch of people who would not feel bad about this, you need a better class of friends.

Finally, I wish you a very long life in interesting times!

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

The image is just an example of what some believe the bitcoin cycle will do. The theory goes that Bitcoin is in a 4 year cycle and that every four years it halves.

Image of Bitcoin halving cycle
edit on 19-12-2023 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

Edit: I was flat out wrong. Thanks to Network Dude for pointing it out.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Harry Dent has been predicting the crash of everything for the last 20 years.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The sky is falling to make book sales.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Everyone had the chance to make the necessary changes to survive these types of scenarios a long time ago when the first "crash" was supposed to take place. So it should not scare anyone on this forum or anyone with a hint of sense.

But alas, 2023 people can't plan for sh!t.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

from what I just read, bitcoin halving is cutting the "payment" for mining in half. Is there some other form or did I read that wrong?

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft

And what about the elderly people that did nothing to “ drive the country into the ground “ the one’s that worked hard all their lives raising ungrateful children like you? Would you like to see them suffer? Karma? Give me a break.

Sounds to me like you want to watch your parents and grandparents suffer, or do you exempt them ? If this happens we all go down, not just the elderly.

Personally, I think that if you know a bunch of people who would not feel bad about this, you need a better class of friends.

Finally, I wish you a very long life in interesting times!

Well, there's nothing like a good angry rant halfway through the day to really get you giggling, huh?

Ungrateful children? Ungrateful for what? Sending jobs overseas? devaluing the dollar? Removing it's backing? Stripping away freedoms? Destroying housing? Putting carpet over hardwood? Giving poor advice on life and jobs in general? FOR VOTING FOR MANY OF THE PEOPLE, AS WELL AS INDIVIDUAL LOCAL POLICIES, THAT PUT THESE THINGS IN PLACE ON FEDERAL AND STATE LEVELS? Yeah, I'm super grateful.

Plus, we're talking bubbles and 401k's. If these goomers can talk about how easy it is to save money, invest, do this that and the other thing, surely they have a backup plan, right? All you have to do is...... not buy stuff for a while. Or, better yet, buy stuff while it's cheap after everything crashes?

Try to avoid a crash and reset of pricing by keeping everything going the way it's going which nobody can afford and is only getting SIGNIFICANTLY worse, KNOWING that if nothing happens now, it will be on future generations to deal with. Now that right there is a total goomer thing to say. No wonder that rubbed you the wrong way...
edit on 19-12-2023 by dothedew because: I did more things

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok

The sky is falling to make book sales.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Everyone had the chance to make the necessary changes to survive these types of scenarios a long time ago when the first "crash" was supposed to take place. So it should not scare anyone on this forum or anyone with a hint of sense.

But alas, 2023 people can't plan for sh!t.

You are wrong. After Covid, I have invested heavily in toilet paper. So I did in fact plan for sh!t quite well. Don't be a hater.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cvastar
Harry Dent has been predicting the crash of everything for the last 20 years.

I've never heard of him before but that's not surprising since I don't follow economics.
THIS SITE goes over his predictions for booms and crashes and how he did.
According to the site, he gets a lot wrong.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

from what I just read, bitcoin halving is cutting the "payment" for mining in half. Is there some other form or did I read that wrong?

You may be right. I may misunderstand that part. It does usually signify an increase in the market right afterwards. Like anything a sell off and then it starts to climb again. This is right before Summer and a good time to dump the market.

Edit to add that regulation talk is at least ramping up even if it is with Senator Warren. It looks like Bitcoin and Ethereum are greenlit while any coin that doesn't compliment those two. This will funnel everyone wanting to invest into mostly those two coins. I'm just wondering are these going to be safe havens for investors, or are they too setting it up to go boom with the rest of the market? I can see an ETF passing and the flood gates opening with people thinking crypto is now safe when it's not. Not yet anyways.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join