It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio voters overwhelmingly approve constitutional amendment to protect abortion rights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So the left forced you to get the jab?
Sure they implored people to take it in the US. But forced.....no, that would be ones own decision.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: quintessentone
Yes, but this thread is not a right wing echo chamber like that other one is.

Doesn't matter who is posting in the thread.
A topic is a topic ...
This is a repeat topic.

I've seen mods allow duplicate threads when non-echo chamber views are offered. This thread is just that.
edit on q000000561231America/Chicago4747America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: dust2023

is not a huge blow. It is being handled as it should have been in the first place. This is why SCOTUS kicked it back down to the states.

Sure it is! LOL
I'm sure Alito, who cited a 16th century witch trial judge's opinion on women's rights as "historical precedent' for removing them, is thrilled as # over states voting to restore the rights that were solidified in Roe!

/sarc

I am thinking that you heard that from someone you trusted and it is either untrue or taken out of context. Please provide proof of your claim.
edit on 17-12-2023 by dust2023 because: .

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 17-12-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

A topic is a topic ...
This is a repeat topic.

Yeah, well it's in the news again this week, so the topic becomes relevent again, based on current news and events. Time for a new thread!

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The people's will has been shown once again.

Yes!

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I've seen mods allow duplicate threads when non-echo chamber views are offered. This thread is just that.

No. If there were two threads on the same subject, then the moderators just missed one of the threads. Two threads on same subject are never allowed. There is no 'but it was an echo chamber ...' excuse. This is a duplicate thread. But whatever.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

A topic is a topic ...
This is a repeat topic.

There is more into this.
See my second post.

apnews.com...

December 16, 2023

An order blocking enforcement of Ohio’s abortion ban stands after the high court dismissed an appeal

After the vote the order blocking enforcement of Ohio's ban still stands.
edit on 17-12-2023 by Mengelon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

No. If there were two threads on the same subject, then the moderators just missed one of the threads. Two threads on same subject are never allowed. There is no 'but it was an echo chamber ...' excuse. This is a duplicate thread. But whatever.

Not your call.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

Nope. Didn't take it no matter how much they whined.

"Take this shot or your career is over"

Yeah, you're right, that's not forcing people at all.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

Those that fell under the FEDERAL mandate, were threatened to lose their jobs if they did not conform and take the "vaccine".

I know people that lost everything because of that.

Certain employers would let you fill out an exception form, give you a hard date to get the "vax" or get fired, then not give you the exception until after the hard date to get he jab. Thus forcing them to take it or lose their jobs.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dust2023
It is not a huge blow. It is being handled as it should have been in the first place. This is why SCOTUS kicked it back down to the states.

So in Ohio, the voters want their abortions. In other states they do not.

Not sure how this is a huge blow to anyone.

Also, this is 2 months old news. I know there is already an OP on this same issue.

It's a huge blow against the republican legislature and those who wanted strict abortion laws. People said no and judges blocked the abortion ban (see article above)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mengelon

A topic is a topic ...
This is a repeat topic.

There is more into this.
See my second post.

apnews.com...

December 16, 2023

An order blocking enforcement of Ohio’s abortion ban stands after the high court dismissed an appeal

One thread is not like the other thread. Thanks for this new thread bringing us up to date with this appeal and in an objective and non-biased way.
edit on q000000081231America/Chicago4646America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

Ohio voters overwhelmingly approved a constitutional amendment on 7 November, guaranteeing its citizens the right to abortion access, but a group of rightwing Republican lawmakers is already trying to reverse that result.

The referendum, which Ohioans passed by 57% of votes, established a constitutional right to an abortion, overriding laws passed by the Republican-dominated legislature to dramatically restrict access. In response, 27 GOP members of the Ohio general assembly signed a statement the next day arguing the abortion rights proposal “failed to mention a single, specific law”, and vowing to “do everything in [their] power” to prevent the restrictive abortion laws on the books in Ohio from being challenged.

Another blow against the republican-dominated legislature and the views of right wing Christians who want to completely ban abortion motivated by their medieval views and version of reality.

A huge win for common sense and basic human rights delivered by the people of Ohio.

MOD NOTE
This Guardian article is from mid-November, so not current.

See, this is how it is supposed to be.
The States choose these things.
I certainly do not agree with abortion but I do agree with the States authority to make their laws.

Next on the agenda should be to protect men and have mandatory DNA testing to insure paternal responsibilities as we begin to hold both birthing parents accountable for allowing a child to live and who should be responsible for taking care of it for the next 18 years. Especially important for those men that do not want to abort their child.
The debate has begun in 50 jurisdictions on fair accountability for bringing in new life or choosing to end it.

I for one choose to support life AND personal accountability.
And the only way you can get me to ever agree on abortion as the go to option is if you identify both birthing parents and extend abortion up to 18 years of age in order to establish control over unruly and disruptive, disrespective and unaccountable children that abuse their parents. If it is considered a parasite in the womb then it should be identified as so out of the womb until it can survive on its own.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is why states rights are so important.

Sure, in Ohio you can get an abortion.

In Oregon you can legally buy drugs.

States cannot dictate what other states want.

And that's the main point, federal government should be minimal, at best and not dictate to states what they want.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dust2023

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: dust2023

is not a huge blow. It is being handled as it should have been in the first place. This is why SCOTUS kicked it back down to the states.

Sure it is! LOL
I'm sure Alito, who cited a 16th century witch trial judge's opinion on women's rights as "historical precedent' for removing them, is thrilled as # over states voting to restore the rights that were solidified in Roe!

/sarc

I am thinking that you heard that from someone you trusted and it is either untrue or taken out of context. Please provide proof of your claim.

Read Alito's ruling and his footnotes. It's all there.

www.politico.com...

On Roe, Alito cites a judge who treated women as witches and property

Samuel Alito: the abrasive justice taking abortion rights back to the 17th century

Meet Sir Matthew Hale, the 17th century misogynist that Justice Alito mentioned 9 times in his leaked SCOTUS opinion

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

A topic is a topic ...
This is a repeat topic.

There is more into this.
See my second post.

apnews.com...

December 16, 2023

One thread is not like the other thread. Thanks for this new thread bringing us up to date with this appeal and in an objective and non-biased way.

Another blow against the republican-dominated legislature and the views of right wing Christians who want to completely ban abortion motivated by their medieval views and version of reality.

Yeah, TOTALLY unbiased.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Two threads on same subject are never allowed.

I see it all the time. Why are you trying to stop us from discussing this here and now?

edit on 0320232023k15America/Chicago2023-12-17T11:15:03-06:0011am2023-12-17T11:15:03-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FarmerSimulation

www.theguardian.com...

Ohio voters overwhelmingly approved a constitutional amendment on 7 November, guaranteeing its citizens the right to abortion access, but a group of rightwing Republican lawmakers is already trying to reverse that result.

The referendum, which Ohioans passed by 57% of votes, established a constitutional right to an abortion, overriding laws passed by the Republican-dominated legislature to dramatically restrict access. In response, 27 GOP members of the Ohio general assembly signed a statement the next day arguing the abortion rights proposal “failed to mention a single, specific law”, and vowing to “do everything in [their] power” to prevent the restrictive abortion laws on the books in Ohio from being challenged.

A huge win for common sense and basic human rights delivered by the people of Ohio.

MOD NOTE
This Guardian article is from mid-November, so not current.

See, this is how it is supposed to be.
The States choose these things.
I certainly do not agree with abortion but I do agree with the States authority to make their laws.

Next on the agenda should be to protect men and have mandatory DNA testing to insure paternal responsibilities as we begin to hold both birthing parents accountable for allowing a child to live and who should be responsible for taking care of it for the next 18 years. Especially important for those men that do not want to abort their child.
The debate has begun in 50 jurisdictions on fair accountability for bringing in new life or choosing to end it.

I for one choose to support life AND personal accountability.
And the only way you can get me to ever agree on abortion as the go to option is if you identify both birthing parents and extend abortion up to 18 years of age in order to establish control over unruly and disruptive, disrespective and unaccountable children that abuse their parents. If it is considered a parasite in the womb then it should be identified as so out of the womb until it can survive on its own.

In my opinion the abortion issue should be determined in referendums in the different states. I am sure most states will vote in favour of abortion rights. The people should decide and not some republicans.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

A topic is a topic ...
This is a repeat topic.

There is more into this.
See my second post.

apnews.com...

December 16, 2023

Yeah, TOTALLY unbiased.

Yeah totally objective and reality based.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join