It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police arrest 13-year-old who planned mass shooting at Ohio Synagogue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A 13 year old boy In Ohio 'allegedly' conspired with an adult in Washington State to "burn down or shoot up" a synagogue in Canton Ohio. The conspiracy was engaged through DISCORD. The boy was arrested and charged with two misdemeanors - disorderly conduct and inducing panic.

That's it? Just two misdemeanors? This kid is a menace and should be locked up, well away from social media, and with lots of psychological intervention. He'll be back on the street rather quickly. I don't get law enforcement in this country.

Police arrest 13-year-old who planned mass shooting at Ohio Synagogue

A 13-year-old boy has been arrested after he posted a detailed plan online to commit a mass shooting at a synagogue in Canton, Ohio, according to court documents. The boy — whose name has not been made public due to his age — has been charged with inducing panic and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors. The teenager is expected to appear for a pretrial hearing on Dec. 20 in Stark County Family Court.

Members of the boy's family declined to appear on camera, but they described the boy as a "good, smart kid" who regularly attended church, according to WKYC. The family believes the teenager was "most definitely influenced" by older men on Discord, a social platform that allows communication through voice calls, video calls and text messages.

Employees for Discord tipped off the FBI about the boy's online discussions, where he stated that he had plans to burn down or shoot up the house of worship, according to The Canton Repository. The boy was reportedly conspiring with an unknown person in Washington state.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Poor kid being groomed for violence and hate by other male adults online.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

He needs to be locked up with LOTS of psychological intervention .. far far away from social media.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

He needs to be locked up with LOTS of psychological intervention .. far far away from social media.

He certainly needs to be deprogrammed from what hate and violence grooming took hold of him, that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I get the impression this one will classified as far right rather than Muslim radicalisation.
a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Too bad his 'parents' aren't fulfilling their parental duties. No 13 year old should have unsupervised access to the internet.

My granddaughter has always had a list of sites she's not allowed to visit and apps she's not allowed to ues. As long as she's living at home, her mother has access and paswords to ALL of her devices, and regularly checks out the activity.

There is ZERO chance of her being 'radicalized' on the internet. That'll have to come from movies and the evening news....

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhat
I get the impression this one will classified as far right rather than Muslim radicalisation.

He regularly attended a church, not a mosque. Christian extremist that hates Jews.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Too bad his 'parents' aren't fulfilling their parental duties. No 13 year old should have unsupervised access to the internet.

My granddaughter has always had a list of sites she's not allowed to visit and apps she's not allowed to ues. As long as she's living at home, her mother has access and paswords to ALL of her devices, and regularly checks out the activity.

There is ZERO chance of her being 'radicalized' on the internet. That'll have to come from movies and the evening news....

Absolutely correct, I too blame the parents or lack of parenting in this case.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maybenexttime

originally posted by: TheWhat

He regularly attended a church, not a mosque. Christian extremist that hates Jews.

Ahh so now the term extremist gets thrown around. Funny how it works.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
“ The boy was reportedly conspiring with an unknown person in Washington state.”

A. Bigfoot
B. FBI
C. JFK
D. All of the above.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
That was the gist of what I said.

a reply to: Maybenexttime

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Cops got to him September. Charges filed December.

There is a good chance that law enforcement used him for three months to track others online, to ID the adults. Could be that FBI arrests have been made before charges against the kid were filed.

Good reason for misdemeanor charges rather than felony.
edit on 16-12-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Typically these terrorists being groomed on discord are all being watched or even groomed by the FBI. When they perform these tasks they say "they were on our radar" but never do anything to prevent it or arrest them.

this leads me to believe that the kid backed out and now arresting him as punishment for not following through
edit on 17-12-2023 by jidnum2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The terrorist in the social medias are infiltrating the young mind of children with not direction.

Iran and other terrorist sponsoring counties want a jihad in the US.

They have been calling for it for decades, they have been recruiting here in the US, we got a darn terrorist Iman Jibrail doing the same darn thing on the internet, he wants them young.

This boy got caught, but how many more are being groomed for jihad and been under the radar.

The terrorist wants boys to do their massacres, while they seat back and watch and claim victory.

This is what is happening In America.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Maybenexttime

Nope a young boy that was lure by Islamic jihadist to do the deeds for them, plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Nope a young boy that was lure by Islamic jihadist to do the deeds for them, plain and simple

We dont need extremism in the modern world.. Islamic.. Zionistic.. what ever it might be.. The world is better off without such political subversions.

May we have peace ..peace and peace..

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The terrorist in the social medias are infiltrating the young mind of children with not direction.

Sounds like a call for censorship control.. Is that a good idea..

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

The internet has been censored already, our own government has been doing it, interestingly it seems that only certain mass murdering callings are allowed, because terrorist are no having any problem getting in with their calls for murdering people.

I am missing something here? I think we has been robbed.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The internet has been censored already, our own government has been doing it, interestingly it seems that only certain mass murdering callings are allowed

I know what you mean.. Its brutal eh. Look at the terrorism occurring in Gaza atm. Fully endorsed by social media and msm. Guess it kinda makes sense when you see when you understand who controls the media.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I always wonder why the authorities wait so long in some cases to make arrests.

The Stark County Sheriff's Office says that they responded to a Plain Township residence on Sept. 7 for a report of a 13-year-old boy engaging in "concerning conversations" on a social media platform. Those conversations included numerous threats toward the Temple Israel on 30th Street NW in Canton.

The boy is set to appear in court for a pretrial hearing on Wednesday, Dec. 20, in Stark County Family Court.

www.wkyc.com... 316

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join