It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Speaker of the House Mike Johnson is a Young Earth Creationist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
(post by Boogerpicker removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jane1B

I suppose we just have to get used to the idea that those who think the U.S. Constitution is somehow written in stone are willing to give it all up to follow the dictates of the self contradictory "eternal word of god".

The Constitution can, and has been changed. It can change again, adding religious tests for office, and even free speech forbidding blasphemy of course.

Apartheid Theocracy here we come!

It will be so cool when families are required to honor kill their children who speak of other gods. And if the family fails then the town must kill the family. And if the town fails then the nation must raze and holocaust the town. (Deut 13:8-18)

Here's the kicker:
The command to destroy towns is very prevalent in the Torah. There is no command anywhere in the canonical Bible forbidding abortion. And yet abortion prohibition is top of mind, whereas town razing will be totally ignored.
edit on 10-12-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen
It will be so cool when families are required to honor kill their children who speak of other gods. And if the family fails then the town must kill the family. And if the town fails then the nation must raze and holocaust the town. (Deut 13:8-18)

That escalated quickly.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

I did add to the post, illustrating some hypocrisy involved in "Biblical legislation."

The phrase "strain out a gnat and swallow a camel" comes to mind.
edit on 10-12-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

Polling from last year: www.pewresearch.org...
Of course Christians will have Biblical reasons to not raze towns.
But they would legislate for literal 6 day creation taught in schools, and prayer in schools, and ten commandment monuments in federal and state buildings, and total abortion bans of course.
edit on 11-12-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jane1B

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

So you’re here to demonize and belittle anyone that may believe in a higher power than self but doesn’t agree with the timeline? Got it. You’re so predictable

You’re conflating two different subjects entirely.

Can you imagine what is to have lawmakers who firmly believe the only legitimate source of policy is the Bible?!?!

Seems he wants the US to become a nice Theocracy or a Biblical Republic as he stated back in 2016.

I wonder which of the testaments is his favourite? The old or the new?

I suspect if we could see into the minds of every single politicians and know what they truly believed on all subjects there's no way any of them would ever get more than a few hundred votes, and most probably wouldn't get any.

Most people have pretty strong beliefs on 'trigger' issues, but we trust/hope those we elect put them aside for the betterment of citizens and country.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The republican party in a nutshell. Batsh1t crazy.

Let us not forget they ran Huckabee and Carson as primary presidential candidates for 2016... and someone more ignorant than them won.

I will say that Ben Carson is brilliant in his field, and that's it.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jane1B

originally posted by: WeMustCare

I was wondering if anyone REALLY believed the Earth was only10,000 years old. What books teach this? I want to see their rationale.

There are people who believe it. They even believe there is an invisible old man in the skies looking after us.
Oh here we go,the atheist shows its bigotry.
Government is your god like all good communists.
Go pray to the peado in chief maybe he'll spare you because you aren't the intelligista.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The guys entitled to believe whatever he wishes to believe.

You've really got to question the people who elected someone who believes in such nonsense though.
My only surprise is he hasn't also come out in support of a Flat Earth as well, they often go hand in hand.

It truly beggars belief that someone like this would actually be elected for any office.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Never trust the integrity of a poster that links to the Guardian

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I guess you believe the whole of everything big banged from nothing
And you think he has Mr Johnson has issues
As for abortion, you don’t see it as people killing children

Clearly we should all believe what you believe I guess?

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want to believe.

The problem is when public policies and laws are influenced by these beliefs.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
The guys entitled to believe whatever he wishes to believe.

You've really got to question the people who elected someone who believes in such nonsense though.
My only surprise is he hasn't also come out in support of a Flat Earth as well, they often go hand in hand.

It truly beggars belief that someone like this would actually be elected for any office.

You don't know what all his beliefs are but it won't be surprising if he thinks earth is flat.

He isn't the only person who is elected and holds these beliefs. A large part of the electorate has similar views in religion and politics and that's why this guy and others like him are getting elected.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   

hey. i think it's cool how you stand up against disinformation and try to expose realities but most people here have no interest in truths at all, they fight their holy war against everything that doesn't suit them. there are a few who are willing to question their narrow view of the world but that's the minority here. maybe im wrong but it looks like. this forum is fascinating and instructive but it also represents one of the biggest problems of our time: that alternative truths are increasingly becoming realities and therefore more and more people are following extremists, dictators, despots and other dangerous folks. america is important for the balance in the world, if this power disappears, everything goes down the drain.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Oh come on Jane, this is a cheap shot and you know it. The world is full of whacky beliefs by otherwise "sane" people. In the past century or two, science has had some some theories and beliefs that would make Johnson sound like an amateur.

At this point, even the big bang theory has come under scrutiny from the scientific community itself, and "trust the science" as a motto didn't work out so well for a lot of folks.

I won't even get into the fact that there are people who believe men can menstruate and have babies, among other things.

edit on 12/11/2023 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/11/2023 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Nobody can back up the religious beliefs of this person.

According to the evidence the age of this planet is about 4.5 billion years and not 4,500 years.

He speaks nonsense and he is the speaker of the house of representatives.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

The big bang theory comes under scrutiny and under criticisms by other scientists and not nutcases who think the humans coexisted with dinosaurs.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMrLogic

The big bang theory comes under scrutiny and under criticisms by other scientists and not nutcases who think the humans coexisted with dinosaurs.

Right. The same religious scientific community you dare not question before THEY decide to change their doctrine. The same community that called Semmelweis a madman, George Ohm a quack, and Mann/Zweig charlatans, among many others.

The point being, while I give science credit for their painfully slow and cynical willingness to look at new evidence that challenges the consensus, they have been nearly as religious about their theories as any religion on Earth.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I suppose you have to put it all in perspective when you have people who think a dude can put on a dress and chop off his dick and become a woman, having a guy believe Dinosaurs are a myth (like Antifa) isn't too far out of the realm. But as my signature states, some members here think that soon, a man will be able to have a baby. If that's not crazy, I'm afraid you will have to define the word.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: AMrLogic

Right. The same religious scientific community you dare not question before THEY decide to change their doctrine. The same community that called Semmelweis a madman, George Ohm a quack, and Mann/Zweig charlatans, among many others.

The point being, while I give science credit for their painfully slow and cynical willingness to look at new evidence that challenges the consensus, they have been nearly as religious about their theories as any religion on Earth.

Science isn't dogmatic by definition.
Some of the scientists can be religious and dogmatic on some occasions which may result in bad science but the pont is the speaker of the house is a nutcase.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I am not a YEC, but I am inclined to believe that over evolution.

There are plenty of reasons, and some good proof.

Rocks that formed in the 80s after Mt St Helen's erupted, has been carbon dated to millions of years old, but it was formed after the eruption..

I love the theories that are believed in this day.

Belief in God is laughed at, but people will believe a bunch of random things happened and here we are.

Or we live in a simulation...but believing in a creator is a sign of ignorance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join