It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do dogs poop according to Earth's magnetism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So I'm in the park with my trainer.
Pumping weights and chit-chat.
No but he wants to be in the shade, and I'm moving towards the sun.
Why?
I put on sunscreen, and that costs money.

And as we're shuffling through the park, he goes: "You know, you're like a dog trying to take a #"!

Never mind dogs in the park, I'm thinking of an article, and he's actually right.

Why is it that dogs align themselves to the earth's magnetism?

www.pbs.org...

www.npr.org...

edit on 7-12-2023 by CaptainHalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't know about aligning their pooping. But I have observed dogs making circles before laying down and it seems like they do try to analyze the direction they go sleep in somehow. It is like they are trying to sense the direction before laying down and sometimes they will lay with their face in the same direction nomatter where they are at in the house or outside.

It is an observation, I wouldn't even know how to test it. I can sense north and turn around with my eyes closed and always wind up facing north. But my son-in-law, he senses east. like me feeling comfortable facing north, he feels comfortable facing east. That is where he always stops. I told him if lost, to just pick up his left arm and point to that side and that is north. I can even sense north driving a car except of course around some geomagnetic abnormal areas where the compass will face a hill all the time. Then I use time of day and sun location to try to figure where I am if I do not have a compass.

I poop on a toilet no matter what direction it is situated at myself, but I was conditioned to do that.
edit on 7-12-2023 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHalf

I would think wind direction would be more important than the Earths magnetism.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Maybe they need to align to the flow of magnetism to make the movement less stressful.

No pooping against the grain. Go with the flow.

Spin until it starts prairie doggin and you got yourself dead South.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I thought they spun around before laying down to push down any tall grass as they make a bed. An ancestral trait passed down from long ago.
Maybe…

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive
You thought right my friend.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   

They do it all the time in the house, even in kennels. Humans can sense the magnetic field if they spin around slowly, and humans also have the ability to use echo location from what I read in military articles, some have been trained to use echo location in the military. From other articles I read on this, humans senses can be as good if not better than a bats...but they must be trained how to utilize it.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Apes I guess, eat all day and poop accordingly.

Carnivores, on other hand, I hope nobody saw that.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I never realized animals could be shy.

This dog, you can take him for walks for hours.

And as soon as he comes home, he craps in the yard.

So my trainer asks me, do you like using other people's toilets?

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Oh yes, the tiles were deep aqua blue

The violet and the salmon color, for you.

Just saying, other people's #ters can be groovy.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 12:59 AM
link   

edit on 12/8/2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Lol... I know this playbook, who are you targeting?

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Well you know what they say about mad dogs and Englishmen..

Gotta love Capetonian humor.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

They do it all the time in the house, even in kennels. Humans can sense the magnetic field if they spin around slowly, and humans also have the ability to use echo location from what I read in military articles, some have been trained to use echo location in the military. From other articles I read on this, humans senses can be as good if not better than a bats...but they must be trained how to utilize it.

That is absolute rubbish. Humans can have some echo location but even trained they can never reach the level of bats.
A bat can swoop a fly in flight.
Their brains have dedicated areas by evolution, humans will at best train themselves to listen to echoes of large obstacles when making sounds themselves.

Yes, animals can be better at something than the stuck up ape and they often are.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Ridiculous as this sounds, dogs certainly do align themselves with something. I walk mine every day. Never on a lead. I watch him find a spot (just anywhere will not do), assume the position... then hunt about, left and right, just like a like compass needle finding north, before settling down to do his business. And yes, he does end up facing south more often than not.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I've keptdogs for well over 30 years and no they don't align themselves with anything to go 'stoop', I've had 8 dogs in that time and they poop in all directions. Had 4 at the same time of differing ages and they didn't all align to poop either.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 12:21 AM
link   

With mine it is always a big production to find the perfect spot, but I wouldn't have noticed she prefers a certain alignment?
I'll keep an eye on that now

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainHalf
So I'm in the park with my trainer.
Pumping weights and chit-chat.
No but he wants to be in the shade, and I'm moving towards the sun.
Why?
I put on sunscreen, and that costs money.

And as we're shuffling through the park, he goes: "You know, you're like a dog trying to take a #"!

Never mind dogs in the park, I'm thinking of an article, and he's actually right.

Why is it that dogs align themselves to the earth's magnetism?

www.pbs.org...

www.npr.org...

Yes, it has been proven.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join