It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I witnessed a genuine miracle this morning in response to prayer with the brethren..!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hallelujah!

This morning I led prayer for a dear elderly lady in our church who had severe pain, great inflammation, scarring & prominent bony outgrowths in her hands & fingers, caused by severe rheumatoid arthritis.

We laid hands on her & I prayed fervently - moments earlier people had been praying for me & I felt very much in the anointing of God's Holy Spirit, hence I could discern that God was most assuredly present as we gathered for prayer.

After around five minutes in which each of the other prayer team members also prayed after myself, we opened our eyes, and found ourselves surprised to see this lady with tears in her eyes - the bony outgrowths of her hands, fingers & knuckle joints had drastically reduced by around half of their original size, it was extremely clear to see. She reported that she felt no pain either, and she had been in agony all morning with the pain from the arthritis..!

"Glory to God!" was the only response we could muster, it was incredible. Over the past couple of days I'd beeen reading very intensively regarding the proper methods & power of prayer, when we position ourselves rightly before God. So I encourage you - read up on prayer! The example I can give of the book I have found deeply encouraging (& empowering, as evidenced by the miracle this morning) was 'Secrets of a Prayer Warrior' by the famous minister Derek Prince.

Interestingly enough, around twenty one years ago, when I was homeless in London, UK, just after becoming a Christian after a devastating period of several years in which I had been the victim of severe demonic curses orchestrated by a well connected occult group, I was listening to the London-based Christian radio station, Premier Radio, and Derek Prince was being interviewed on his latest book & touring ministry (or something to that effect). He suddenly stopped the interviewer in his tracks, and said:

"The Lord has indicated to me that there is a young man in London who is feeling very lost, unsure whether God loves him, unsure whether life will ever change for the better - I want to encourage that young man. God says that as a sign of His love for that young man, his constantly blocked sinuses will be supernaturally opened, right NOW, in Jesus' name, as a witness to the fact that God will take this young man into a great future."

At the exact moment of the word 'NOW', my constantly stuffy & blocked sinuses miraculously cleared wide open to breathe in great lungfuls of air, as though I had eaten a wheelbarrow full of menthol cough sweets all in one go. It was incredible, because my sinuses have always been permanently blocked & stuffy, it's a congenital defect of my physiology. Furthermore, many times in the years since, God has used that same sign to signify something important in the words or actions I am perceiving at some time during prayer, or when hearing ministry. I call it 'the sign of the clearing', and it has very particularly been used by God to draw my attention to important matters over the years...

So there you go! I experienced a genuine miracle this morning in response to prayer. Although I have experienced effective prayer for many situations in the past twenty years, having also witnessed demonic deliverance, I had never until this morning witnessed a genuine miracle of healing... My advice, therefore, is train yourself in the way forward by reading the works of established ministers, and trust God for miracles!

Amen.

FITO.

edit on DecemberSunday23012CST01America/Chicago-060057 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Praise be!

I'm so happy the elder is experiencing relief!

Blessings to you and yours!

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Always a good thing when physical suffering can be reduced in a positive way, regardless of how it is done. Congratulations on tapping into the true potential of human power.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this, FITO.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Amen, and thank you. I return that blessing sevenfold!

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

As Jesus once said to the woman who touched his robe 'it's your faith that has cured you' not me.

Faith and belief can do marvellous things.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Thank you for your comments. I would add that although effective prayer is certainly a 'human' power, it is more properly seen to be caused by the action of a righteous God who is delivering a positive result to the person being lifted up, delivering that blessing through us as we are made righteous by standing in the grace of God, according to the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. When He won our freedom through that substitutionary sacrifice, He enabled us to be seen as righteous by God in a very real sense. In & of ourselves alone, however, we could not accomplish these outcomes.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I can testify that being anointed and prayed over is real. I use to have a lower back problem where my back would go out for at least a week or longer.

About 20 years ago my back went and I was in terrible pain. I still tried to attend church but decided to leave early because sitting was excruciating. Before I left I was anointed and prayed over. Within an hour I could walk up right, and by the next morning my pain was gone. I almost never have back issues now, if I do it is short lived like a soreness. Nothing like it use to be.

The guys who did it weren’t anyone special, they just believed in the power and mercy of God.

I know it works and I’m sure believing it would helped. Faith is powerful.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Indeed - a lot of people don't realise that when Jesus lived on the Earth, everything He did, in terms of miracles of healing & deliverance, was all precisely the sorts of things that we as believers in Him are capable of doing, that we are SUPPOSED to be doing, through the anointing of the Holy Spirit. What I mean by that is that Jesus did not have an automatic knowledge of anything, or an automatic power to heal everyone He met - He only received revelation when He sought it from God the Father, in the exact same manner as we ourselves do now, in His name. In some situations He was unable to heal people because they didn't have sufficient faith/belief to trust in God through Jesus for that healing - this emphasises exactly what you said - healing & deliverance requires the faith of the individual affected - but any believer now can accomplish those exact same things that Jesus did.

Yes, He had perfection in & of Himself, but in the incarnation He 'self-limited' so that He would be able to provide a clear example of exactly how a Christian believer should live, how they should pray & what they would be able to cause by the application of their faith -amazing things to be accomplished in His name. When that lady touched the hem of His garment, she was activating His power to heal because she had absolute trust that He was the Messiah, and that as such, He could heal her if she only touched a garment clothing His body. He discerned the power/virtue exiting from Him to heal her, and so He addressed her directly & commended her great faith, as an example for others to follow.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Praise God for your healing! Your experience sounds very similar to my own - I frequently need to leave the service because of severe pain - either to rest in the car with the seat laid back, or just to take medication & stretch for ten minutes before returning. I've had such incredible problems with this 'central pain syndrome' (which manifests throughout my whole body with nerve, joint & muscular pain - it's constant, and often extremely debilitating). I'm still in the process of praying for my healing, but it's very encouraging that as I pray for others, they are receiving healing. I'm certain that at some point, my own healing will be brought to fulfilment, and I will be free, just as I have seen in a few of the dreams I have had over the years. I believe it will happen, so I continue in faith until that day. I'm really glad you found your healing, I know how terrible such problems can be.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

He didn't heal her, he said so himself. She healed herself.

It was belief that cured her. It didn't need Jesus or God.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   

We even have a scientific term although we don't fully understand it.

Psychosomatics and positive reaffirmation goes along way...

Placebo is what non-believers belive in...

edit on 3-12-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Jesus felt power go out of him.
Yes, her faith in believing in Jesus and His ability. The healing was not her power or ability.

Who Touched Me?
Luke describes Jesus' response this way in Luke 8:45-48:

"'Who touched me?' Jesus asked.

When they all denied it, Peter said, 'Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.'

But Jesus said, 'Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.'
www.learnreligions.com...

Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, 'Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.'"

When the woman made physical contact with Jesus' robe, miraculous healing power was transferred from him to her, so that touch (which she'd had to avoid for so long) changed from something fearful to something beautiful for her, becoming the means of her healing. However, the reason for her healing was different than the means through which God chose to deliver it. Jesus made it clear that it was the woman's faith in him that caused the healing to happen for her.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Praise Jesus! I am so thrilled to read this. Awesome testimony in who we are in Jesus.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   

P.S.
I will be praying over you Fly. I too have many medical issues, painful arthritis and arthritis flares being the top issue, and I see results with other people, but not yet over my own. Even John G. Lake had a terrible disease (bleeding from kidneys) and he wasn't healed, but he certainly was the speaker of many miracles (he spoke, Holy Spirit healed for those who don't quite grasp the concept).

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is all so beautiful.

Thank you for sharing.

The way I understand healing, the healer serves as a channel or rather assists in stabilizing a bridge for communication between each present and the Divine.

In this state, earnest and true intentionally charged prayers can open up powerful 'dialog' between the Self and God, if you will.

What transpires from then on is near limitless.

You call it a miracle.

I call it Life.

^_^

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I feel that Every human has the power of the Creator within them. It takes deep mental focus with a healthy mix of spirituality to witness and experience it's true potential. These abilities are not limited to those followers of Jesus, but are probably most common with them in North and South America.

Miracles like these are also documented in cultures across the world not well versed in the offspring of Abraham. The power is within us all.
edit on 12-3-2023 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

We even have a scientific term although we don't fully understand it.

Psychosomatics and positive reaffirmation goes along way...

Placebo is what non-believers belive in...

And the greatest placebo of all things is...

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 05:46 AM
link   

It is a lot of years since I have heard of the Breathern ,my grandparents who raised me were hardcore breathern till they died , I witnessed what you talk about as a kid as I got dragged along on the Sunday to their gospel hall .

No cooking or radio/television or even touching money on the sabbath and the whole day reading the bible and at least a dozen people always came back to the house for tea , wow were those people committed to the church and when the plate went round for collecting for the missionaries they put out there was no coins hitting that plate just big notes .

They were all mostly older people who went and mega serious but they have all gone now and the church has gone and been replaced by a housing development ..

It is sad the way that organisations that were once well supported are now closing or closed due to falling attendence whether that be church or lodge , I was telling a member here of a church 50 miles from me that has been going since 1120 that has closed its doors and going forward it is only going to get worse as the old guard dies off .

Amazing what a bit of faith can achieve especially in a positive manner

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Amazing what a bit of faith can achieve especially in a positive manner

But was it faith or the dolar? Love the caveat, as faiths capability to make people do things they otherwise wouldn't really shines when we look at what it achieves in a negative manner...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join