It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESG

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have a decent medium sized investment portfolio outside of my 401k. I have noticed that nearly EVERY company that I own stock for, that was heavy into promoting their ESG scores, nearly all of them, except 2, are practically worthless now. The question is, was that a feature or a bug?

Possibly ESG was not inventied out of thin altruistic air, but instead by a realization that businesses focusing on abstract things such as this would fail and then could be "bought" at a much lower price by very wealthy people and thus extending their already controlling ego even further than they could ever imagine.

Or is ESG just some weird plan to meld cultural marxism into everyones life? I am guessing a combination of the two.

In the same sense, the making of oil and coal into a villian seems to have never affected the ability of the oil and energy stocks I have to continue making money hand over fist. Is the demonizing of traditional energy companies actually done so that no one will buy them and so the wealthy can continue to reap the benefits?

For those of you who do not know what ESG is, then I recommend that you find out and see the actual lay of the land.
edit on 30-11-2023 by dust2023 because: satan

edit on 30-11-2023 by dust2023 because: satan2

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dust2023

"We will force behaviors..."

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Maybe, just maybe there’s a “valuable” lesson here.

Hehe.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

ESG is just the Communist application to the US in terms of social credit scores.

China controls us now.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Do you have a score from this system?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Do you have a score from this system?

Probably, though I'm not a corporation.

Baby steps, comrade, baby steps.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have no idea what ESG is.

ESG Meaning: What Is ESG?
Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investing is an investing philosophy where standards of social responsibility are considered when evaluating a company for investment, rather than only maximizing return on investment.

Environmental criteria refers to how well a company performs with respect to their environmental impact.

Social criteria refers to how a company manages relationships with employees, customers, and the communities in which it operates.

Governance criteria refers to a company's leadership, executive pay, and shareholder rights.

So, how many companies do/did you own stock in exactly? Curious on the percentage.

Regardless, maybe it's just a silly scoring system that carries no real merit in portfolio selections. Or it might be a clue to avoid those companies that participate in ESG.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

So if US corporations are willingly participating in the ESG rating system, is there an issue?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   

So if US corporations are willingly participating in the ESG rating system, is there an issue?

Nope, just an understanding that surrendering to a Chinese-style form of government and rule over corporations may not be a good thing to people who actually believe in freedoms and liberty.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dust2023

For those of you who do not know what ESG is, then I recommend that you find out and see the actual lay of the land.

For those of you who aren't dick heads, if you're going to start a thread with a widely unused acronym, instead of telling the reader to "find out" maybe try to define what you're on about

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

So, who is in this CCP style government?

Is there a list like this:

en.wikipedia.org...

I can find for the USA?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Like most brits I never got the owning shares thing ? I get it is a store of wealth for retirement but ask a thousand brits do they own shares and 998 would say no .

I did work at this guys property who had his retirement fund hanging on the walls in the form of artworks , as he pointed out to me it was a lot safer investment than shares with a higher return over many years and he could enjoy it more over time .

And judging by the property he knew what he was on about , this ESG thing sounds like they have you over a barrel

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

So, who is in this CCP style government?

Anyone who wants to be.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   

That's not how China works tho...

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Possibly ESG was not inventied out of thin altruistic air, but instead by a realization that businesses focusing on abstract things such as this would fail and then could be "bought" at a much lower price by very wealthy people and thus extending their already controlling ego even further than they could ever imagine.

That is one theory but I don't buy it.
For this to work that means the big investors bought high and are willing to risk purposely crashing the company financially to then hope it comes back up and exceed the price they paid when they initially bought high. Thats a big risk and overlooks one big issue with that plan. They forced these companies to push a very unpopular woke ideology. That means that people are looking forward for these companies to FAIL and purposely punish them even down the road. They have disfranchised their customers.

So I don't think that is the case. Way too much risk involved and easier ways to get companies and industries to crash to buy low.

Or is ESG just some weird plan to meld cultural marxism into everyones life? I

That is the only thing that appears to make sense on all this.

1. They told you what they want and what their vision of utopia FOR US is: " You will own nothing, and you will be happy"

However for that to happen they need things to crash and for people to lose all their assets.

2. Tyranny is not ideal in a monetary system where individuals can acquire wealth. Especially FK you money wealth (ie Elon and Trump)

The best system for Tyranny is a social credit system where nobody can ever acquire wealth and FK you money. In a social credit system Elon and Trump would have to follow the narrative or they wouldn't be able to get points to eat, pay their bills, or other necessities .

ESG is to dumb down society, keep us fighting with each other, crash the monetary system , then have big govt come in and save us and provide for us as long as we promise to behave in the manner they consider proper.

That is why these companies are putting Political ideals over profit. They know what is coming and money is not the driver any longer, they want a seat at the chair when the department of truth is created to save us.

However, this wont happen over night and it will occur over generations with each generation giving up a little more of their rights and freedoms for conveniences.

edit on 131130America/ChicagoThu, 30 Nov 2023 19:13:26 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   

That's not how China works tho...

Yeah, just try to get out once you're in.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Hi 42, I read your post with interest as you put your case. It's such a shame it fell off the cliff just as it was getting going.

As a result I'm feeling stunned by a beam of clarity which I must share with you.
First off let's be clear there does not have to be a crash and a wide loss of wealth as prerequisite for the forceful intrusion of 'communism' or whatever you have in mind.
Not you alone but quite obviously all of you are amazingly out -of-step with what is really going to occur if the ptb have their way and of course they will unless they hit a wall.
You are all suckered. Don't take it the wrong way. I have no issues with the suckered. Wear your deternation to find the truth with honor.
All of you deserve to know what is in store. I have to tell you, the truth is not on anyone's side.

The division to come is progressing at an increasing pace.
What division? It's not what you think, led to think I should add.
The division that is being orchestrated has one primary thrust to weed out the useless, the idle, the needy, the unemployable.
I won't go on.
Everyone that wants to learn, wants to positively contribute, wants to raise a 'normal' family will be embraced. And well rewarded in ways as yet unimagined.
Those who don't fit the bill will, and indeed to an extent are being, given less and less support from any quarter, less and less sympathy. There will be the have -nots, who soon will have nothing at all and there will be the have-alls who, from lowly sweeper to whatever will share every luxury.
Why? Because they are all with no no exceptions decent, educated, hard working etc etc. citizens of the World. One more thing, it's going to be a youthful world.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 01:58 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 12/1/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Why don't you roll it into a personal savings account at your local banking institution and let them do the picking?

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   
ESG is just a straight up scam targeted towards woke neoliberals with more money than sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join