It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Year Old Ugandan Woman Gives Birth To Twins - Oldest Person To Give Birth In Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Congratulations Safina, I'm glad you are happy ... but this is selfish. She's 70 and won't be able to take care of them properly. And now she's a single parent. I won't pretend to know what the 'proper age' for becoming a parent is. I'm sure it's flexible depending on the person. But 70 ... that's just too old. She won't be able to take care of them and she'll be old and needing care herself before her children are even teenagers.

Woman, 70, 'gives birth to twins after IVF treatment': Ugandan becomes the oldest person to give birth in Africa, hospital says

A 70-year-old Ugandan woman has given birth to twins after becoming pregnant through IVF treatment, the hospital where she received treatment said.

Safina Namukwaya became the oldest woman to give birth in Africa after she delivered a baby girl and boy on Wednesday afternoon, the Women's Hospital International and Fertility Centre in the Ugandan capital of Kampala said.

Medics at the hospital said the mother and her two babies are doing well after they were delivered via a caesarean.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I was reading this and automatically thought to myself “she must not have thought it was possible, totally an accident in the third world”.

Then I saw the IVF part… wtf?!?

Why would the health care system there even humor doing this?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Wow but sadly this was done by IVF, she most have been pumped full of hormones just to get her body ready to be able to support the fetuses until birth.

I would have been amazed if this was natural, but is not, what in the hell this woman was thinking.

Any worst if the newborns are healthy and without complications?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Money is truly the root of all evil, especially when it can be used to buy something this insidious.

I hope there's a special reward awaiting all those who made this happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Congratulations Safina, I'm glad you are happy ... but this is selfish

We really don’t know if this is selfish or not. Maybe in Western society it is.
Perhaps Safina has a big village family, and the “children” will be taken care of no matter what.
It does say in the story she faced years of grief because having children and more children is so
Important to her culture. I think we view things like this in the Western lens.

There is a lady I know. She came to the US with her husband to work. She had a baby. Once the baby was weaned he was sent back to China for the grandparents to raise so that mom and dad could work more. This is not shocking, or uncommon for their culture, but it would be shocking for the US. Here grandparents usually do watch grandchildren but it’s often because the parents are absolutely unable.Very rarely if ever are babies sent to be watched so parents can work more. The only few instances I’ve seen this is when both parents are deployed. In Asian culture your parents, your grandparents, are all the same thing due to the multigenerational living and mindset.

Yes I know she is old and will she have the vigor of a young mother.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Exactly!

What kind of doctor thinks this is ok? One that wants the money.

Yeah, this is selfish.
Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Wow. Just read the story. So she had been childless until 2020, when she had a daughter, then the twins, but yet she "left it up to god?" No, you didn't, if you used IVF.
She had them, because she was harassed as barren. But you waited this long for the IVF?

Selfish.
edit on 30-11-2023 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join