It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to survive a heart attack alone…

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I really think that everyone should know this. It might save your life or someone’s life.

Say you are driving home from work or just driving. All of a sudden your left arm feels numb and you feel dizzy or you just feel like something is wrong with your heart. Your jaw might start to hurt or you have chest pain.

What is the first thing you do? “Cough CPR” and keep coughing like you are trying to clear your throat. Take a breath and cough every two seconds.

Taking deep breaths gets o2 into your lungs and coughing squeezes to keep blood flowing. Please read this below.

Since many people are alone when they suffer a heart attack, without help, the person whose heart is beating improperly and who begins to feel faint has only about 10 seconds left before losing consciousness.

However, these victims can help themselves by coughing repeatedly and very vigorously. A deep breath should be taken before each Cough and the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest.

www.firstaidtrainingbangkok.com...
edit on 22-11-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

I had a friend that had the same.thing happen. He pulled into a Doctors office. It was a weight loss clinic. They had to send someone out looking for aspirin while the ambulance was on the way. He made it.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Probably won't work against the fabled heart attack gun...

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

That is really good, I am happy that he made it. How many people keep aspirin in their car? I know that I don’t!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Lol, hopefully the CIA is not going to shoot poison into our hearts. I agree that it won’t work.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 06:07 AM
link   

The FDA has you covered with that and no, it's not a projectile.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

The heart in your avatar looks super healthy. I am sure the FDA had us covered. A cover up!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'll be too busy deleting my browser history and logging off.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ohahhupthera

Lol, just take a few seconds and cough while you are clearing your phone!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 06:17 AM
link   

This is different but when I had my stroke in April 2009 I had a discussion with God. I asked him so just WTF is he coming after me as I am a good man.

Yes I dropped many F bombs.

I am here

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I had an eye stroke last year and open heart surgery. My eye stroke bothers me more than the open heart surgery.

I am happy that you are here too!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Strokes are worse than a heart attack. My entire left side from my toes up through my upper side down the arm to my fingers are 24 / 7 numb as in asleep. My brain blocks it out. My chest feels like an elephant is sitting over my heart 24 / 7 as a result of muscle spasms.

Looking at me I appear normal. Speech and all other activity are fine. I shoot hoops at 3 days a week going full speed as in running and dribbling the ball for 60 minutes per day.

When I am on the basketball cout I forget about all. No pain, tgoughts or anything else. Its a relief.
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I don't know what the ratio is between a genuine heart attack and an artery blockage, but the effects are different. The former definitely has pain and or a discomfort feeling that comes as a warning. The blockage condition may cause a loss of consciousnesses within a second or two, as it did for my brother. In my case, it began with a simple loss of energy to walk and no pain. Not until the hospital did an EKG did I know that I had a "heart attack."

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Thanks for the information, JJ. I didn't know about this, so archived in case of emergency.

I usually have aspirin with me all the time, for headaches more than anything else, although I do take a low dosage aspirin everyday.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Thanks for that. Its amazing its not more widely publicised

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'll add that if you are in a vehicle, unlock your doors at the very least, then call 911, but it's also good if you can unroll your windows or safely leave your door open, and turn on your hazard lights.

These things could have helped save my 31 year old neighbor who passed away last year.

edit on 22-11-2023 by IndieA because: Added information

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Wow I did not know that at all times you feel that way!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

Thank you for this info! I am happy that you are here to tell us this!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

That is really helpful. Thank you, so sorry about your friend!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

My medical behind the walls person sent this to me last week! So now we know!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join