It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vincent Black Lightning 1952

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This modern day folk ballad that I hope I have correctly uploaded is remarkable for many reasons. The melody is marvellous and the lyrics are thought provoking. It is story song and the subject is essentially a transportation of the old mounted wild west outlaw to the Cafe Racer scene of Britain in the nineteen fifties. The scence in Full Metal Jacket were the D.I. gives examples of what one motivated marine and his rifle can accomplish is apposite. This is a master class in what one motivated musician and his guitar can achieve. There is no official video so just close your eyes and listen to one man and one guitar produce something so much greater than the sum of its parts.

youtu.be...
edit on 19-11-2023 by TheWhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhat

I’d never heard the original version, but this reminded me of Del McCoury’s version. Nice find.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I can remember when Richard Thompson released the original back in the nineties. We couldn't believe that something so amazing could be done with one voice and one guitar . I can bet that Richard Thompson who has won awards for Americana would very much approve of the version you cited.
a reply to: QRST4D

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Mistake

new topics

top topics

join