It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking my 15 year old to the dentist…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

So today I picked up my son from school for a cleaning of his teeth! The dentist we always go to sold his business to a new dentist! Omg! My son goes back for his cleaning, they took him 1/2 hour late. I was sitting there bored out of my mind.

The new dentist comes to talk to me in the waiting room. He asked my why on my sons chart it says no fluoride! I said he does not get fluoride. He asked me why. I told him it’s like poison. I causes tooth discoloration, mental problems, high blood pressure and tooth decay! I told him to go look it up!

He said well I see you have good dental insurance and your co pay for the fluoride will only be $11.00! He said we can bill you. I said no it’s not about the money. I told you why he is not getting fluoride. I said can you tell me ANYTHING good about fluoride? He said yes “it’s in every toothpaste.”

I said no that is not true! We use Fluoride-free toothpaste with sea salt! I said my son brushes 3 times per day and his teeth are perfect! No cavities. He does not drink pop or eat a lot of sugar.

He said I bought this PRACTICE to help people. I said wow so are you practicing on my son and others here? He said it’s a saying that doctors use! Lol!

He also said my son will need a full x-ray next visit. I said my sons teeth are perfect he can drink hot or cold fluids and has no complaints, we will pass on your x-ray!

Was I too harsh on this dentist?

edit on 15-11-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

You're an anti - dentite obviously.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Lol, it’s not like the dentist told us to leave!

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Good for you for doing your own due diligence when caring for your children.

And no, I don't think you went too far.

I have schooled doctors in my time and some took the time to research it and it changed how they "practiced".

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thank you so much!
Kids do not come with “how to books.”

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   
looks like you need a new dentist and a new doc of 15 years...careful, the next one might put the vax in his gums when teeth cleaning!

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HatesFreshAir

I know. This past two weeks has to bring in change. I have found a new doctor but this dentist might vax his gums and bill us!

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Why are you going to a dentist if your son's teeth are perfect and he is caring for them, brushing with each meal and not eating foods that promote cavities?

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: HatesFreshAir

YES it will be the HPV Vax...
Taxpayer-Funded Initiative Urges Dentists to Push HPV Vaccines - LINK

The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research awarded over $685,000 to HealthPartners Institute to test strategies for getting dentists to recommend the human papillomavirus vaccine to children and young adults ages 11-26, documents obtained by Children's Health Defense via a Freedom of Information Act request revealed.

I say good for you .... Don't let them tell you how to raise you kid....Strong Work
edit on 16-11-2023 by tarantulabite1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Why are you going to a dentist if your son's teeth are perfect and he is caring for them, brushing with each meal and not eating foods that promote cavities?

Because in America we are told we are bad parents if we don't take our kids and ourselves to the dentist every 6 months for "teeth cleaning" and to look for problems the dentist can dig in our pocket to pay for.

Fake problems sometimes too. My old dentist had me scared to death about my impacted wisdom teeth and how I would need surgery and all this and that. Then they came in just fine on their own, just took a little longer. No surgery necessary.
edit on 16-11-2023 by Shoshanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Because it was for a cleaning every six months. His dental insurance pays for a cleaning 2 times per year.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tarantulabite1

There are some things that you can’t control. When he was a baby he only had reverse osmosis water. RO filters water so it also filters the fluoride that the government puts in out drinking water. RO does remove some fluoride but not all. He still gets fluoride through our nasty water supply.

Thank you for your post!

He is not getting the HPV vax! They better not sneak it in his mouth!

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

I will add his insurance pays for a cleaning! Thank you for the rest!

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If you didn't collect your son immediately, tell the dentist to sod off, that he should learn to respect his patients, and that you were going to find another dentist, then walk out, you were to damned easy on the jerk.

He clearly cares more about making a sale than caring for his clients.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

Yes you are so right. It seems like everything is now about money! I am going to find a new dentist for sure! Thank you!

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You are awesome JJ!!

You give me courage to do the same!!!

I applaud you.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: cappuforever

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
No find one that is disgruntled with the ADA as it is their job to push that sort of stuff on people as a sort of food chain pyramid where the entire medical care system on down to what you said your son does not eat drink use etc that keeps his teeth heathly.

I suggest adding popcorn to the do not list those slivers around the corm when popped get way down in the teeth and between the gum line that nothing can get out and cause root and below the gum line rot... even with the bodies natural production of insulin.

If you notice ANY american association? It is a top to bottom known food chain that supports the entire industry known and unknown. I am a member of two of them and I used to be anti fluoride too... however I noticed animals they never ever needed it or do it and still dont I noticed old grave skulls never had it never needed it and still dont.

Funny how people want to talk about my all natural breath etc and then try to poison my mouth nose etc with what really stinks....

But anyways.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

They are pushing EVERYTHING. You are right!

Did you know that people who lived in desert places long ago never had cavities. All of the foot they ate had a lot of sand in it, the sand filled in their cavities and turned into a glass like filing.

I say let’s start eating sand!

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

Yes you are so right. It seems like everything is now about money! I am going to find a new dentist for sure! Thank you!

It's pretty strange these days, seeing doctors and medical people who over years of inDOCtrination (pardon the pun) believe they are part of some kind of team promoting "good" when it isn't, a dark tandem of a timeline nobody thought to see again, but it's history repeating again.
When fluoride began being dumped into drinking water there was never ending propaganda promoting it, and the same BS cancelling and ridicule of those who were vocal against it. (I saw this happen in the '60's). A slow and steady diabolical propaganda process taking decades until everyone letting others think for them, believe hazardous materials and toxic waste products like flouride are vitamin nutrients .

edit on 17-11-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join