It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing an opossum twice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Sometimes things are just too strange to be chalked up to coincidence.

Yesterday I had a very important event. I was on cloud nine. I came home a different way, and it was sooo dark. Very black, rainy and where I live there are very few lights. I was driving on a curvy road and when I got to the top of the hill there was an opossum. I slammed the brakes, I wasn’t going very fast at all but it startled me. The opossum looked me dead in the eye and turned around and scurried the other way. I thought it was cool to see one, I haven’t seen a lot out here.

Tonight I was out with my husband and I told him that I had seen one, and I read that if you see one it can mean good luck, or that you need protection. We then proceeded home. Upon pulling in our driveway our headlights captured a creature……..
You guessed it… an OPOSSUM! Staring straight at us. Now I’m a little freaked out. One sighting, no biggie, wildlife.
Two sighting especially after talking about it..

So those in the know. Is this a good thing, a bad thing? Something else. The whole part about needing to protect myself is a bit scary..

I’ve lived here a while and I’ve seen every manner of animal, this is not something I’ve seen on a regular basis and not back to back like this.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Here

The presence of peaceful nocturnal animals such as possums is thought to engage and elevate our psychic abilities, especially in the realms of divine or ancestral communication. The possum helps us bridge the gaping divide between our physical reality and the spirit world which lies beyond our vision.

Here

If you are in the throes of executing a project, it is best to lay low and not tell everyone what you are up to. Remember that not everyone who says they are happy for you actually means it. So, you must learn to read between the lines to avoid being caught off guard. All in all, possum comes into your life to warn you against overexposing yourself; you never know who is out to sabotage you.

edit on 10-11-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Perhaps you'll enjoy the protection of good luck?

And let's not overlook the fact that both of your sightings occurred as you were making your way home....

To the safety and comfort of "hearth and kin".

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I think you are reading too much into mundane events.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 02:19 AM
link   

S/F for this! I think it will be good luck for you! It’s odd because I saw one too last night in the rain here in Michigan and it was pitch black!

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I see opossums all the time here in Nebraska. We've rescued a few and so have our neighbors. I like those little critters. I'm unsure if they are all that rare where you live but they're common. I'm curious to why you find this all that significant, I guess.

ETA: then again I've always worked second and third shift jobs my entire life, so I tend to sleep during the days and see nocturnal animals more frequently.
edit on 10-11-2023 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I keep repeating these things since I joined ATS (with the old account):
everything is what you make of it.
Do you know the Greek myth of Oedipus?
His mother had a dream that the child will kill its father and when Oedipus was born they sent him away and in doing so brought about the line of events that actually lead to him killing his father and marrying his mother because he didn't know it was them.

The mind is a powerful thing. Take this as good luck sign and that is what you will manifest. Take it as sign of bad luck and your 'mind' wil make sure to prove you right

edit on 10-11-2023 by FurPerson because: double word

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

Self fulfilling prophecy, sort of...

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

sort of. Fate level self-fulfilling prophecy in the case of Oedipus. Emotional I'd assume in the case of the JAG... though you can never be certain of the ramifications, or the scope they'll grow into.

edit on 10-11-2023 by FurPerson because: I mixed up three letterrs somehow my fingers type at unsynchronized speed it appears

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I have a possum hanging around that's about 2/3 the size of my Beagle. I have outside cats so he comes looking for cat food or scrapes we put out. I have a skunk that eats with the cats. I put food out in a big metal pan and they all gather round and eat side by side. I'm pretty sure the skunk was born this Spring because he was small when he started coming around and now he's grown quite a bit. Friendly little guy and not afraid of humans. When I put food out in the mornings, he'll come right to it, even with me standing there.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Tonight I was out with my husband and I told him that I had seen one, and I read that if you see one it can mean good luck, or that you need protection. We then proceeded home. Upon pulling in our driveway our headlights captured a creature…….. You guessed it… an OPOSSUM! Staring straight at us. Now I’m a little freaked out. One sighting, no biggie, wildlife. Two sighting especially after talking about it..

Karl Jung called it synchronicity.

Synchronicity is a word coined by Swiss Psychologist Carl Jung to describe seemingly coincidental, yet meaningful events in the external world that do not have an obvious cause.

For example:

An example of a synchronistic event in Carl Jung’s life took place during a therapy session with one of his clients.

His client was a highly educated and rational woman with a serious demeanor. Jung knew he would not be able to get through to her on a deeper level unless an irrational event occurred in the form of a coincidence. Jung sought out anything he could use to get through to her.

Shortly after, the woman began describing a significant dream of a golden scarab (a costly piece of jewelry). As she was describing this beetle in more depth, Jung heard a tapping at the window behind him. He opened the window and revealed a live goldish-green scarab beetle, not native to the area.

Astonished, Jung quickly grabbed the beetle, and walked it over to the woman and said, “here is your scarab.” This event was enough to help break the woman from her overly rationalistic world-view and connect her dream world to her waking life– a fundamental revelation in Jungian Psychology.

--------------------

Uses and Purposes

Clinical Application: Carl Jung’s ideas on synchronicity can be used effectively in therapy. If a practitioner is able to help a client derive value from coincidental events, it will help assist the client in overcoming negative thought patterns and self-limiting beliefs. This is done with the fundamental understanding that the mind seeks to heal itself, and will derive direction and meaning from seemingly coincidental events.

Personal Application: If you are interested in witnessing synchronicity for yourself, you can increase the frequency of synchronistic events by setting and pursuing goals. Whatever your goal may be, it needs to be heartfelt, and fully worthy of your pursuit. If you are able to cultivate a burning desire to achieve that goal, you will find that signs will begin pointing you down a path of achieving that goal. This may come in the form of people you meet, unusual but related occurrences, and flashes of insight.

Source: Karl Jung On Synchronicity

My own thought on the matter is when synchronicity is at work; pay attention, something larger than life is asking to be noticed.

edit on 10/11/2023 by NobodySpecial268 because: neatness

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

My own thought on the matter is when synchronicity is at work; pay attention, something larger than life is asking to be noticed.

I believe this too. I think most people are too distracted to notice what the universe is telling us.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What about racoons? My wife caught this one spying on us last night.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Wave calmly, and quietly greet the ambassador from the animal world.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Surprising how fast they can run when I catch them on the porch eating from the cat food bowl at night. They eat ticks so they are pretty clean and they only occasionally get in the trash (not like raccoons).

They are rat-like and nasty-looking with those big teeth and hairless tails. Harmless really, I've messed with them until they played dead, then you could just grab them by the tail and put them someplace else.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I would be proactive if it were me, Jag. Something to do with home, nighttime and safety.

Double check that your doors and windows are locked every night, and preferably at all times-whether home or not. Be careful answering your door to unknown people.

Good time to do a safety check around the house. Are throw rugs secure? Extension cords not overloaded? Furnace filter changed, etc.?

My first husband wanted to drive from Great Falls to Kalispell Montana one night, and I was in tears because of a horribly bad feeling.
He promised to drive carefully, and did. We pulled into Kalispell at 1:30 AM; at every cross street he would slow down to 15 MPH, even though they had stop signs and we had the through street.

At the 3rd or 4th cross street a huge black object was directly in front of us; the impact sent us into a large tree and totaled our rig.

A school teacher, drunk and with no headlights on was doing between 60-70MPH and ran the stop sign. . Husbands quick arm reflex saved our five year old from going through the windshield and my death grip on our six month old kept him from serious impact, except for a small cut from the dash.

If we hadn't been on high alert I have no doubt it would have been a much different outcome.

The universe speaks, but only those willing to listen will ever know what it's saying.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I would be proactive if it were me, Jag. Something to do with home, nighttime and safety.

I feel this

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: nugget1

I feel this

The nice thing about premonitions, gut feelings, synchronicities is it gives us a chance mitigate the outcome.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join